Troubleshooting

Discussion in 'Multiplayer Meeting Room' started by EleonGameStudios, Nov 17, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mindkiller

Mindkiller Lieutenant

I get a weird message saying the the server could not preload global game manager. any ideas ?

2. LoSboccacc

LoSboccacc Commander

can't find the option of spawning players on Omicron, where would that be?

3. Muffinman

Muffinman Commander

There isn't one.

4. [ZSU]Dr. Rockso

[ZSU]Dr. Rockso Ensign

Hi Guys,

Is there a way to change the amount of AI (Aliens) in a playfield? Is it the difficulty setting? I noticed my server seems light on the AI (Aliens/Dino's).

5. Ambedrake

Ambedrake Commander

Minimal controls can be found in the Playfield.yaml files under content. Though be careful if changing things in them as messing these up can do some... interesting.... things.

6. Bocephus666

Bocephus666 Lieutenant

For the life of me, I can't get my server to show up in the server list.

I'm running the server on Windows 2012 R2.

I've updated the local firewall to allow UDP 30000-30002. I've added a port forwarding rule to my edge firewall for UDP 30000-30002, and still nothing.

I even opened up TCP 30003, and confirmed that I could telnet to 30003 from offsite, and was able to connect.

At first I assumed maybe there was a port that I was missing, but after running netstat, I was able to confirm that the only ports being used are UDP 30000-30002, and TCP 30003 (which appears to be the port used by the dedicated server to connect to each planet's independent process).

Anyway, if anyone has any suggestions I would appreciate it.

7. Ambedrake

Ambedrake Commander

Are you attempting to view it in the list from the same lan as the server itself? If so try using a VPN on the game to look from the outside. Ours is on 2012R2 as well and I am too lazy when on site with the server to make necessary changes for it to be perfect so I just use the internal IP to connect while those on the outside seem to still be able to see it.

8. Bocephus666

Bocephus666 Lieutenant

I never thought of that. It never occurred to me that it would show up if I was external, but not if I'm internal. I've been using the internal IP myself, but have held off inviting my friends to the game, until I was able to get it published to the list, granted all my testing of the list have been local... /sigh

Thanks, I'll fire it up the next time I'm offsite, and confirm it shows up.

9. DaOpa

DaOpa Ensign

Trying to get a Dedicated server running, copied the files over to the system which is a

Clicking on "EmpyrionDedicated_NoGraphics.cmd"

Produces the following error box

Themida
    An internal exception occured (Address: 0x40b28b50)
    Please, contact [email protected]. Thank you!

Any idea what to do?

10. Lord Popo

Lord Popo Ensign

Alright weird issue with my dedicated server. If I load up the main map we play on, all of our fps drop down to 10. If I load up the save in a single player world on my computer, it runs just fine. If I start a new save for the server, it runs fine with no issues with the fps dropping at all. This is weird and we really don't wanna have to do a map wipe. The map was created on the 4.0.2 update so it's not an old save or anything.

11. Bocephus666

Bocephus666 Lieutenant

Unfortunately I'm not sure what the actual system requirements are for the server. It runs fine on a stock Windows 2012 R2 server with all MS patches applied. Which leads me to guess that you probably need to install .NET 4, which is not native to 2008/2008R2.

Here is where you can get .NET: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=17718

Its a really old version, so you'll want to install, then fire up windows update to get it fully patched, then I'd try to launch the server again.

Beyond that, I'm not sure what to tell you. Outside of the game runs the Unity engine, and you could possibly google that to track down what the server requirements might be.

12. DaOpa

DaOpa Ensign

I dont think Unity needs it... If I click on Empyrion.exe file, the game client loads up and just stops at trying to sign in with steam.

So the game can load, its something else.. what that something else is.. not sure.

13. LoSboccacc

LoSboccacc Commander

Ok turns out you can. Check out my Omicron PVE Server! is in the multiplayer browser. swapped planet and drones definition, name is Akua but the place is indeed Omicron.

14. ThePrequ

ThePrequ Ensign

Hello all!
    So I have a little problem, this is my situation:

I rented a server from one of the sites that are mentioned on Wiki. I can see my server on the server list but when I try to connect, it gives this error message: "You can not connect to this server Akua is not present on this server". Probably something is messed on Sectors.yaml or on Playfields but I've checked them million times and could not find what could be the problem. (though I haven't edited those files at all either)

Any solutions?

EDIT:
    Also, from webconsole I can see this message "No dedi for world Akua available!"

15. LoSboccacc

LoSboccacc Commander

give the server 5/10 minutes to actually start all the instances, then contact the seller and ask for a reboot

16. Taerid

Taerid Lieutenant

So up until now a friend of mine and myself have been playing local on a dedicated server that ran on my computer with no problems.

Today i cant start the server. When i run the EmpyrionDedicated batch file the window opens up and just sits there.

I see two instances open in task manager both called empyriondedicated.exe.

Anyone have any ideas about this??

17. ThePrequ

ThePrequ Ensign

Unfortunately it doesn't solve it.. I've already reinstalled all the files and I've given it plenty of time to start it.

18. LandonGam3r[NL]

LandonGam3r[NL] Lieutenant

Hey there!

I have a question about the server description.

Somehow it's not showing up. I tried 3 different things now, with ", with ' and without quotes. Ofcourse I removed the # also.

Please help :p

19. Uncle Fubar

Uncle Fubar Ensign

I ran into this problem too on Omicron Moon as a player on the official server, reported here - http://empyriononline.com/threads/bug-reports.3343/page-5

DragoonTT reported CVs on the planet might be crashing the process. Could that include the crashed Hyperion POI now? His solution was to delete the CV and restart.

20. [DV]Hubert

[DV]Hubert Ensign

I'm just wondering if there is anywhere a short explanation of the new telnet commands. Specially the commands "initadmin" and "list" are strange for me. List give nothing back and initadmin does'n affect anything (as far as i can see). What are the privileges from "admins" role. I can set this role but nothing happens in game?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.