Troubleshooting

Discussion in 'Multiplayer Meeting Room' started by EleonGameStudios, Nov 17, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cailean_556

cailean_556 Lieutenant

So I'm trying to start my server that me and a couple friends play. Worked before today's update, however today, after deciding to start a fresh game as the devs suggest, the UI comes up but nothing loads. No 'Say' tab, no 'Save and Exit' button. None of the playfields... Just a blank, blue window.

This happened to anyone else or, am I just really lucky?

2. piddlefoot

piddlefoot Rear Admiral

Did you try starting the dedicated server with the ''no graphics'' exe. ?

It should start using the no graphic option, you can use telnet to communicate to it or you can just wait 60 seconds after exiting game before shutting down via taskmanager for now and it will still save everything.
    Should get you going for now.

Don't try and start the blue windowed GUI screen at all.
    After starting with the no graphics version, go to taskmanager and look under processes and you should see Empyrion Dedic....and one or two or three play area instances, if so its up and running, go log on and play.

3. cailean_556

cailean_556 Lieutenant

Thanks for the info there Pids, I'll give that a go tomorrow probably.

4. PMantis13

PMantis13 Ensign

I'm just tired of trying. All ports are open, but on the Empyrion Dedicated Servers screen, it doesn't display any playfield, and looks like the image attached. What am I doing wrong?

EDIT: I'm using the EmpyrionDedicated.cmd. Don't know anything about telnet, so I don't use it.

Attached Files:

5. DragoonTT

DragoonTT Lieutenant

This is normally in the new version.. It show only playfield if there user online.

PMantis13 likes this.
  6. PMantis13

PMantis13 Ensign

Oh, and my server won't appear on the server list, but all ports are open (26900-26902 and 30000-30002).

7. DragoonTT

DragoonTT Lieutenant

Where is ur server? Local or in Internet?
    If local, than opened ports on firewall and portforwarding on your router?

PMantis13 likes this.
  8. PMantis13

PMantis13 Ensign

Local. Only portforwarded on router, both UDP and TCP, and firewall has all ports open for Empyrion. Clicked the EmpyrionDedicated.cmd file, waited for blue screen update to Available: 1, let it open, and tried to connect ingame (searching for my server, and directly with
    179.186.237.44:30000 - my public IP).

9. DragoonTT

DragoonTT Lieutenant

Test ur connection on lan first. Use the IP from your local server. If this work check your portforwarding.

PMantis13 likes this.
  10. PMantis13

PMantis13 Ensign

Yes, it worked!

Don't know if you can help me here, hehe. Thanks already. I'm portforwarding like this:

NAME: EMPYRION1
    PROTOCOL: TCP
    WAN CONFIGURATION: INTERFACE
    WAN INTERFACE: INTERNET
    WAN PORT: 26900:26902
    LAN OPEN PORT: 26900:26902
    LAN IP ADDRESS: 192.168.25.16 (it is my IPv4, on ipconfig via CMD)

Did the same for UDP protocol, and the same for the other ports, both UDP and TCP as well (30000:30002).

EDIT: Just worked with my public IP, but I can't find my server on the list. Is it possible for you to test it now? 179.186.237.44:30000

11. DragoonTT

DragoonTT Lieutenant

In your dedicated.yaml is 30000 as port?
    Than use only UDP on WAN and LAN the ports 30000 to 30002 on router

PMantis13 likes this.
  12. PMantis13

PMantis13 Ensign

Apparently it's working fine now, the only issue is that my server isn't showing on the list. The name's supposed to be IniciantesBR, and the password = teste

EDIT: Changed the port to 26900, now the server shows in the list to me as [LAN], but not public internet. So I guess other people can't see it either.

Last edited: Dec 25, 2015
    DragoonTT likes this.
  13. piddlefoot

piddlefoot Rear Admiral

Don't add or delete any blank spaces in the Yaml. file or that line wont work, check your yaml. file that the server display name is working.
    To activate a line that's not in use you need to remove # from the start of the line.

14. DragoonTT

DragoonTT Lieutenant

We tested it, now it works ;)

15. piddlefoot

piddlefoot Rear Admiral

Champion.

16. Hummel-o-War

Hummel-o-War Administrator Staff Member Community Manager

• Developer
    Confirmed. That's how it looks like if no one is on the server (all playfields are in sleep mode)

17. Slam Jones

Slam Jones Rear Admiral

Good afternoon! Big problem here. Started renting a dedicated server at CitadelServers.com, and last night I restarted it to clear out any bloat. After doing so, I found that all player-made structures and vehicles were gone, except the one I logged out standing on. I can see that the files are still there, in the "Shared" folder, but they;'re not appearing as actual things anywhere. I've had several players on the server and everyone lost their stuff.

It also appears that Terrain-placed objects remain (Survival constructor, o2 generator, etc) remain in place. Also, it appears that all the ore we dug is back to 100%.

Any ideas how to fix this?

Edit: Shelved the game file and started a new one. Will now be using the Empyrion Server Manager thing to save and restart it. Should maybe help that not happen again.

Last edited: Dec 27, 2015
  18. MisterNegative

MisterNegative Ensign

I could never get the dedicated server to work on my Windows 7 headless computer. I could take the entire image and move it to my gaming computer and it would operate flawlessly, but as soon as pushed back to the desired computer the problems came back.

What would happen is that everything would appear to fire up great. Empyrion and the dedicated server PIDs would run, Empyrion.exe would take a whole core of CPU activity, players LAN and WAN could connect, the console would show the connection, but all clients would get stuck on the initial splash screen with no loading activity, and the console would state that no playfield was available. This would never progress, and if saveandexit was run then the dedicated executable would shut down but the main game would stay running, using a whole core until the PID was killed.

The only clue I had was in the dedicated server log, with a mention that a socket couldn't be created. This didn't happen on my gaming computer when hosting there. After checking netstat all I could find was that Empyrion, its dedicated server and in my case Java were listening to the loopback adapter. I killed the task for Java, loaded Empyrion's No Graphics dedicated server and the error was cleared and clients could join without the no playfield error. Interestingly relaunching Java seems to give no issue as long as Empyrion starts first. Also when running saveandexit now both executables shut down, and also the main executable doesn't chew up a core 24/7 if no players are connected.

I can see why this would be such a rare issue, but it seems as though due to both Windows executables being needed for hosting, and by virtue of communicating over loopback, it's possible for another seemingly unrelated process to interfere. In my case Java loaded with the computer so even a reboot wasn't helping to troubleshoot.

If anyone gets the "No server with playfield Akua available at the moment" error in their server log and connecting with a client just hangs on loading, you can either research running sockets with Netstat, or you can kill any and all unnecessary tasks, even ones you don't think could possibly be related, then relaunch the server and try again.

19. Slam Jones

Slam Jones Rear Admiral

Hello! Another issue is arising.

It seems like every once in a while (I believe when all players in a particular faction have logged off), structures and vehicles set to "Faction" will spontaneously revert to "Public" setting. Obviously, this is a problem if you don't want stuff stolen.

Is this a known issue? Hopefully with an easy fix? :p

Edit: Also, a player on my server keeps getting kicked. The server log shows this each time:
    "Couldn't send RPC function 'nwsync'

Last edited: Dec 26, 2015
  20. Scorpion3.de

Scorpion3.de Ensign

Greetings,

ive setup via steamcmd my Empyrion dedicated Server. I´ve edit the yaml Config and started the server via no-graphics cmd. I see one Process of empyriondedicated.exe . It have 45MB Ram usage and 0% of CPU usage. We cant join the server, because its not shown in the serverlist. All manuals and guides i find in the www say the same steps i have done. So i need help to find the problem and start the server correctly. I use Windows 2012 R2 on my Server. Thanks for youre help.

Chris

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.