Troubleshooting

Discussion in 'Multiplayer Meeting Room' started by EleonGameStudios, Nov 17, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DragoonTT

DragoonTT Lieutenant

Can u post ur dedicated.yaml here?

2. Scorpion3.de

Scorpion3.de Ensign

Thanks for youre help.
    Here is my Config.

Code:
    ---
    # Dedicated server settings
    - { prop: Srv_Port, value: 30000 }
    - { prop: Srv_Name, value: [DE] Planlos im Weltall by fraternity-gaming.de }
    - { prop: Srv_Password, value: password }
    - { prop: Srv_MaxPlayers, value: 30 }
    - { prop: Srv_Description, value: "[u][url=www.fraternity-gaming.de]Hosted by Fraternity-gaming.de[/url][/u]" } # max chars = 127

- { prop: Tel_Enabled, value: true }
    - { prop: Tel_Port, value: 30004 }
    - { prop: Tel_Pwd, value: password }

- { prop: GameName, value: Fraternity }
    - { prop: Mode, value: 1 }                    # 1=Survival, 2=Creative
    - { prop: Seed, value: 2719115 }
    - { prop: DecayTime, value: 24 }            # time in game hours when player built structures without core/less than 10 blocks get removed
    - { prop: MaxStructures, value: 64 }        # set this if you want to limit max number of structures per playfield due to performance. Currently, max number must not exceed 100
    - { prop: AntiGriefDistance, value: 30 }    # for PvE playfields: the distance around a factions's base where no other faction's base can be built

3. Scorpion3.de

Scorpion3.de Ensign

I´ve found my mistake. i´ve forgot the "" in the Servername

4. eaglegundam

eaglegundam Lieutenant

I always ge a connection error when trying to get on a server
    any ideas?

5. Kuyon

Kuyon Ensign

I have a friend who set up a server. She is the host on her computer and has tried all the ports and settings the guides and such list and she is able to connect to the server but I am unable to connect to it.

6. Hummel-o-War

Hummel-o-War Administrator Staff Member Community Manager

• Developer
  7. Kuyon

Kuyon Ensign

She has forwarded the ports already but it doesn't help she tried the ones the guide recommends and some other ones but still won't let me connect.

8. pdog

pdog Ensign

I get connection error when trying to join any server that is version 271 but i can connect to servers running 268.
    I have the latest game pre alpha 5.0.2 271 and I cant connect to my own server running version 271.

Please help?

9. piddlefoot

piddlefoot Rear Admiral

Kuyon,
    Make sure the port forward and whatever port number was forwarded on the modem has to match the port number in the YAML. file.
    On the modem with port forwarding, set up a profile on the modem for Empyrion, mines called Empyrion dedi, port it to the PC on the WAN [Wide Area Network ] you need the local PC address [IP ] the modem should display all of this as your doing it, the modem needs to port forward to that internal IP so it gets to the correct PC on the network.
    It wont work if another program is using ports 30,000 to 30003.
    Theres 60 odd thousand ports, if you change it make sure the YAML. file reflects the change also.
    IS the host hosting from a wireless position, or, is the host PC connected to the internet wirelessly ?
    Or is the host connected via a CAT 5 cable to modem. [That's is how mine is, CAT 5 to modem.]
    Most wireless transmissions are only 2/3 of the speed of a CAT 5 cable, 65megs vs 100megs speed sort of thing, highly recommend using a CAT 5 cable from modem to host PC. Much easier to port forward to a cabled PC also.

pdog,
    No idea why it wont connect to the same version, very odd and Ive never seen that bug before on Empyrion, try verifying game cache first make sure your not missing a game file, servers wont allow connection if data missing, same as trying to connect with a different version basically.
    I presume your not a closed tester ?
    And not running the beta version.
    Are you trying to connect from behind a proxy ?
    Do you live in an apartment building ?
    They often have there own internal network you need to ''escape'' from before internet operations will perform normally.
    IS your modem wireless to your PC or a cable connection ?
    If its wireless, can you plug a CAT 5 [usually blue or yellow ] cable into it and into your PC and test if it will connect with a proper LAN connection to the modem. If it connects you have big problems with your wireless system and its rate of data per second probably. Or some other technical issue unforseen.
    Almost every motherboard made has a CAT 5 connection, LAN bit or gigabit connection goes by many names but is same thing. Only a CAT 5 cable will fit the plug hole.

10. pdog

pdog Ensign

Hi piddlefoot,

Thanks for the reply.
    I've already verified game files, I have even un-installed and re-installed the game.
    I am not a closed test or running any beta version.
    No proxy in use, I am in the UK and using virgin media fibre optic to my house.
    I have tried plugging into my router, my server is another pc on my network that is wired into my router with ports correctly forwarded.
    I am able to run an ARK game server from the same machine with no connections issues at all internal or external.

I cant join any other server that is running version 271 from the servers list. but can connect to any server running version 268 just fine which is what I don't get.

11. Kuyon

Kuyon Ensign

Hi piddlefoot. Thanks for the advice and I just check with her and she said she changed the file and forwarded the ports and is connected to the router via a wire. She has hosted a server on another game before and it works fine.

12. pdog

pdog Ensign

Just a quick update, all is working fine now.
    The cause was due to me having Networx bandwidth monitor software on my pc.
    This caused the connections issues, I have removed this and now it is all working fine :)

13. pluto

pluto Ensign

picture:
    http://i.imgur.com/WmyaNcI.png

problem:
    on my dedicated server the fps showed in the console are extem low.
    I wish for help, how did you guys push up your performance, as you can see in the screenshot my hardware it not near the limit of power.

14. piddlefoot

piddlefoot Rear Admiral

Usually the frame rate drops in a play area when there are a lot of large builds in that play area, or a couple of large CV's with a lot of lights will lower the frame rate.
    My AMD has 1600mhtz RAM and my Intel has 3000mhtz RAM the frame rate is higher on the Intel, my AMD has a 4.9ghtz CPU and the Intel a 3ghtz CPU, the Intel eats it basically, just playing a game on either, about the same frame rates, dedicated servers though the Intel leaps ahead.

There are a million things that can effect performance. From CPU to RAM to motherboard to backround software etc, its really impossible for someone to guess what would speed your server up without knowing everything about it and even then its an educated guess in a lot of cases.

15. Goldschuss

Goldschuss Lieutenant

hello guys I rented a server from GTX gaming. It went fine the first day, but then I restarted it.
    Now the server's apparently "up" but no one can connect to it, as it says theres a connection error.
    Even in the control panel, if I tell the server to show me his "current activity" I just get the error that the "(IP) is not responding to query"

16. RobDog

RobDog Commander

For those having some port forwarding issues... I was unable to host after forwarding ports and turning off my firewall. .. On my router, the firewall has to be on to let the forwarded ports go through. Dumb, I know... but it's a fact. Maybe this will help someone.

17. Shannon Patterson

Shannon Patterson Lieutenant

In my opinion dump GTX and go with Pingperfect. I run Liberland and started at GTX. The performance was terrible, and as a server admin it was obvious I was not getting what I paid for in terms of cpu, and was in fact being tuned down. Combine that with poor support response time and I bailed. Pingperfect has been orders of magnitude better than GTX. They piss me off too at times, as I am new to gsp's (game server provider?) where you're renting a vm instance of some kind and not a full server that you rdp into. Their service is great once they respond (it's been up to an hour once, but usually within 30 minutes) and they have higher options for cpu that GTX. The only thing that GTX has on pingperfect is the built in restart feature, which never worked for me anyway (plus you have server manager for Empyrion that does that). I hope to move to a fully dedicated server soon but Liberland was working today with 34 people on for a sustained period. Of course as I type this the server is down due to Omicron becoming corrupted during this time, but that is par for the course :)

18. Hummel-o-War

Hummel-o-War Administrator Staff Member Community Manager

• Developer
  19. Captain Crazzy

Captain Crazzy Ensign

Hi
    Can anyone tell me how to ban someone? I run a server off a hosting company so I have access to all files. any admin tools?
    thanks

20. Shannon Patterson

Shannon Patterson Lieutenant

The only way is via telnet since currently no admin functions can be used from the game itself. Once connected via telnet the command is

Ban <numeric steamy id> 1h

This will ban the person for 1 hour
    14d would equal 14 days.

You can get the players steam I'd in the url of their steam profile page or copy and paste it from the telnet window when they login or logout of the server.

This confused me at first since you can kick players by steam name or numeric ID but banning can only be done with the numeric id.

I hope the helps!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.