Troubleshooting

Discussion in 'Multiplayer Meeting Room' started by EleonGameStudios, Nov 17, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. upsetkiller

upsetkiller Commander

thankyou for the clarifications , it was my second time running a server since the first multiplayer match.

2. Ghostieboi

Ghostieboi Ensign

Hello,

I'm getting pretty frustrated, as I about the game for a friend, and I'm trying to set up a dedicated server. I've opened ports, turned off firewalls, and I can even connect to the server via my internal IP. (was excited about that)

But, I am unable to see the game in the server browser (Ghostie Server), I am unable to directly connect to it (via the MY_IP:30000) route, and no one else can see, nor connect. I've opened ports (29999-30005) UDP, UDP/TCP (not at the same time). But no matter what I do, I can not see it in the browser, and my friends can't connect. I don't know what else to do. (And I understand that the blue box is empty when no players are present).

Can someone help? Config is below:

---
    # Dedicated server settings
    # To use your own dedicated.yaml (e.g., "MyDedicatedConfig.yaml"), add "-dedicated MyDedicatedConfig.yaml" to the corresponding batch file

- { prop: Srv_Port, value: 30000 }
    - { prop: Srv_Name, value: "Ghostie Server" }
    #- { prop: Srv_Password, value: Abc }
    #- { prop: Srv_MaxPlayers, value: 5 }
    #- { prop: Srv_Description, value: "Server info, can contain bold text or a link." } # max chars = 127
    #- { prop: Srv_ReservePlayfields, value: 2 } # Determines the number of playfield servers that are held in reserve. For busy public servers, we recommend at least 2 (default is 1)

#- { prop: Tel_Enabled, value: true }
    #- { prop: Tel_Port, value: 30004 }
    #- { prop: Tel_Pwd, value: Abc }

- { prop: GameName, value: Ghosties Game }
    - { prop: Mode, value: 1 } # 1=Survival, 2=Creative
    - { prop: Seed, value: 4319225 } # Seed determines how the world is procedurally generated - the same seed means the same world
    - { prop: DecayTime, value: 48 } # Time in game hours when player-built structures without core and/or less than 10 blocks get removed. 24h in game = ca 1h real time
    - { prop: WipeTime, value: 0 } # 0 = disabled. Time in game hours when player-built structures that have not been visited by a player get removed. 4000h in game = ca 1 week real time
    - { prop: MaxStructures, value: 64 } # Set this if you want to limit max number of structures per playfield due to performance. Currently, max number must not exceed 100
    - { prop: AntiGriefDistance, value: 30 } # For PvE playfields: distance (in m) around a faction's base where no other faction's base can be built

EDIT: I don't see the game nor Dedicated server when I use the netstat command.

3. piddlefoot

piddlefoot Rear Admiral

If its not showing up on list its usually a port forward issue with the modem, make sure ports 30,000 and 30,002 are open to Empyrion, make sure firewall has rule to allow in out traffic.

4. Ghostieboi

Ghostieboi Ensign

I did that. I'm not sure if you saw that in my previous post, but I've opened all of the ports, and all nessecary firewall stuff, even at one point shutting it down. Still won't work.

5. piddlefoot

piddlefoot Rear Admiral

Try putting 30,003 in the yaml. file , if it doesn't work try 30,002 then 30,001 see if that gets it.

Mines running on 30,003

If you open task manager go to performance tab then click on recourse monitor at bottom of page , when it opens the new window click on the Network tab, and in that list it will show what port Empyrion is using.

6. Ghostieboi

Ghostieboi Ensign

Ok. So I tried that, and I put down 30003 i nteh ymal file, look in teh resource monitor, and see it using 30006 instead. Nope. Nothing in the game server list. Can't connect.

7. piddlefoot

piddlefoot Rear Admiral

So in task manager its showing it using 30,006 ?
    Did you try that number in the yaml. file ?
    And is the modem set up to allow Empyrion through on that port.

For some reason the game has ported to that port I would try setting it all up on 30,006, yaml, modem, and see if that fixes it.

8. Ghostieboi

Ghostieboi Ensign

I've played around with it for a short minute. I've set it to 30000, the TCP Connection states its at 30003. The listening ports are 30000, 30001, 30002, 30003. If I set it to 30003 in the ymal file, the TCP is at 30006, while the listening ports are at 30003, 30004, 30005, 30006. When I change it to a port, its always at that port number, plus 3, while the listening ports are that port, plus the NEXT three. I'm about to simply rent a server from blue fang solutions...this is freaking retarded.

9. Hummel-o-War

Hummel-o-War Administrator Staff Member Community Manager

• Developer
    If you can see your server, that's for sure some kind of forwarding issue. Is this the same machine as you are playing the game?

10. Ghostieboi

Ghostieboi Ensign

Yea. I wasn't able to figure it out, so I simply rented a server. But I would like to eventually figure it out. I got help from another IT guy, and we came to the conclusion that it is my router (comcast modem/router combo). So, yea. o.o yay for Ghosties' Server (actual name xD)

11. Hummel-o-War

Hummel-o-War Administrator Staff Member Community Manager

• Developer
    :)

12. feartechnition

feartechnition Ensign

from the way I understood it if your doing it on the same machine you should use 29600 for the server because it gets confused on whether to send the info to the server or your actual game this is at the bottom of wiki on set up
    Q: My server is not visible in the server browser. What can i do?
    A: If you are using a router, please try port forwarding 26900-26904 instead of 30000-30004 and/or try to run the server with antivirus and firewall turned off. You might need to seach the web on how "port forwarding" is set up correctly with your firewall and/or router!

13. |MonK| Djizzle

|MonK| Djizzle Ensign

Hello,

I am running in to some issues when trying to start the dedicated server.

I am running the dedicated server off of virtual machine with the following specifications:

OS: Microsoft Windows Server 2012 R2 Version 6.3 (Build 9600)
    Processor: 2 Virtual Cores (Intel Xeon CPU E5-2690 @ 2.90Ghz)
    Memory: 2048MB of RAM

Frameworks:
    Direct X: Direct X 11
    Microsoft .NET Framework: .NET Framework 4.6.1

Install Method:

Used SteamCMD to download the application and install it.

Description of the issue:
    When trying to launch the Empyrion Dedicated server either through the EmpyrionDedicated.bat or the EmpyrionDedicated_NoGraphics.bat files the application Empyrion.exe faults, along with this on one occasion the mono.dll has faulted as well.

According to the error logs it is an access violation error.

Link to crash logs:
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3w5fZgqidtuVEtLdTFQYTVVQXc/view?usp=sharing

Troubleshooting Steps so Far:
    1. The applications have all been granted access to run as administrator.
    2. Launching the .bat files will launch the application for the dedicated server, this launches fine.
    3. An error log is created seconds after and the Empyrion application crashes.
    4. The DedicatedServer.exe file is still running as a process in the background.
    5. Launching the different .bat files yields no different results. The only variation I saw only happened once and it was the mono.dll faulting when using the NoGraphics launcher.
    6. This is a base installation directly from SteamCMD.
    7. I have downloaded all recommended and optional updates for Windows Server 2012 R2
    8. Just to eliminate causes I have tried disabling the antivirus and using different methods of remoting in (ie. RDP, VNC, Teamviewer)
    I've exhausted everything that I could think of because I believe that everything needed should be up to date and I have emailed the provider for the VPS and the Xen Hypervisor has it enabled to support 3D graphics. Other Unity based applications are able to be hosted.

Has anyone else run into this issue or have any ideas of where I could start to resolve this?

Attached Files:

14. gekl00

gekl00 Ensign

Is it possible somehow to run two dedicated servers on the same physical windows machine?

15. KedsDead

KedsDead Ensign

I have a question. Why does the this game constantly run at 100% cpu usage on the dedicated server? No matter how many processors I throw at it.
    System specs : Intel Xeon E3-1271V3 32 gigs of ram..

16. KedsDead

KedsDead Ensign

you need 7 gigs minimum.. depending on your population.. 4 will suffice as long as you do not get over 10 players.

17. |MonK| Djizzle

|MonK| Djizzle Ensign

Alright thanks, when i started reading over the issues and seeing in the logs that the memory was reading at 90+%. Good to get it confirmed though.

I don't know for sure, but you should be able to create two directories with the games files and edit the dedicated.yaml files to use different ports.

I would give that a try while you wait for an answer.

gekl00 likes this.
  18. gekl00

gekl00 Ensign

Hi.

Thanks for the reply but i have tried that and it does not work the second DS does not even start up, I guess its because there are processes with the same name already started.

19. gekl00

gekl00 Ensign

Nobody that have tried to run two DS on the same windows server?

20. piddlefoot

piddlefoot Rear Admiral

The game when it fails to start can sometimes start an instance [ play field area ] in the backround, then when you try to start the game again it flashes up the blue gui screen and crashes, you need to open task manager and check all instances are closed before trying to re-start the dedicated server.
    I also have a conflict with Empyrion dedicated server and Skype on my AMD, sabertooth motherboard R.2 revised with 4.7ghtz 9590 cpu and 16g ram, and I think its system specific as others don't seem to have an issue with Skype and a dedi server running, of coarse this isn't a server box its a gaming tower desktop PC so not everything is the same, but its beefy enough to match it with half decent servers, j u u u s s t t t need more
    b b a a n n d d w w i i d d t t h h !!!!!
    But running 2 dedicated servers on it I can not do.
    Just wont start.
    The second instance always crashes after the blue screen flashes up.

Probably needs some core work done so all the instances are tagged or named so the game/pc can recognise what play area is tied to what instance of dedicated server !

I have images of SLIDERS !

''But Hummel I started on the Public Eleon Test Server and when I went into warp drive I ended up on Private Eleon Test Server ! ''
    Q had a hand in it !
    Fix it Picard !

gekl00 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.