Turrets & Line Of Sight

Discussion in 'Bugs' started by Teralitha, May 31, 2024.

1. Teralitha

Teralitha Ensign

For more information see here Bug Report Template

Build:Current(Any)
    Mode:Any

Reproducibility:Yes
    Severity:Moderate

Type:Turret AI

Summary:Turrets Fire On targets when they dont have line of sight, in space(Not sure about ground bases)

Description:When you have your ships auto guns set to target enemy ship turrets/mounted guns(or thrusters), they will fire at the enemy ships turrets(and thrusters) including the ones they dont have line of sight to. So for example if you are facing one side of an enemy ship and it has turrets facing away from you on the opposite side, your turrets will just shoot through the entire enemy ship to hit those turrets, rather than being intelligent and stop firing when they dont have line of sight. This also seems to include sentry guns inside a ship that couldnt possibly be seen with line of sight. Your turrets will chew through everything trying to hit them, and this is also an incredibly huge waste of ammo.

When I choose these settings, I do so with the intent of not destroying the ship, but only the guns and/or thrusters, however my guns dont agree, so this is quite annoying...

Also, I have never been able to figure out the difference between a turret and a mounted gun for these settings. Turrets are mounted, guns are mounted, so I dont know what these settings really mean to target so I always just check both.

Steps to Reproduce:
    1) Set turrets to target only enemy turrets/guns or thrusters
    2) Fight enemy AI ship
    3) Observe

Screenshots, Crash Logs, any other Relevant Information or Download links: