(Tutorial) Turret bot and Core at Settlement

Discussion in 'Bugs' started by AaronLibra, Jul 5, 2024.

1. AaronLibra

AaronLibra Ensign

For more information see here Bug Report Template

Build: v1.11.7
    Mode: Tutorial
    DLC Installed: No

SERVER NAME: N/A
    SEED-ID: N/A

If applicable:
    MODIFIED PLAYFIELDS: N/A

Reproducibility: No?
    Severity: Tutorial doesn't continue on

Type: Glitch / Stuck

Summary: Two things. Turret bot went outside the base through the window, which enabled me to be able to grab the palette items "early" before being given the instructions to do so. Blew up the alien core, put mine down. Messages come up after killing bot to grab things from palette but core is already set and progress won't continue.

Description: Turret bot clipped through the south facing window (looking towards weather station) and so I was able to retrieve the gun/ammo and core before I knew that I was going to be getting a message to grab them. I blew up the alien core, set my core down, went outside to kill the turret bot (he was hiding under the stairs so I thankfully didn't have to go far haha). After the bot was killed, the tutorial instructions came up to instruct me to get the items from the palette, which I already have. The gun and ammo got a checkmark, but since I can't put the Core on my toolbelt and can't pick it back up with Shift+F (and can't retrieve/salvage it with my Survival Tool) the tutorial won't continue from that point on. So now I'm just going to manually complete that checkmarks in the PDA.

Steps to Reproduce:
    1) This is the first time that I'm going through the tutorial for this version of the game, so reproducing it would all depend on if the bot clipped through the window again somehow. Seems kinda random. I didn't see exactly where he went through along that "window wall" because I wasn't looking at it the moment when it happened, unfortunately.
    2)
    3)

Screenshots, Crash Logs, any other Relevant Information or Download links: N/A - but if there are questions or if you need to know anything else I can do my best to answer beyond what I've provided here. It's not the most severe of issues but a brand new player might not know what to do and get frustrated and maybe start all over or reload a save point if they have one or think to do that. We want our new players to be happy :)