Uncivil discussions

Discussion in 'Other Discussion' started by michaelhartman89, Sep 11, 2017.

1. piddlefoot

piddlefoot Rear Admiral

What the actual fek.

2. andrew box

andrew box Commander

LOL, totally. I can't decide if I want to jump into the fray, because I so have opinions about all this, or if I'm actually watching performance art...

3. Kassonnade

Kassonnade Rear Admiral

Here, an interesting read to start:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_fallacies

I think for the small time required to click on the blue words and read, the reward is invaluable.

Please bear in mind that behind every action & thought there is a good layer of "biological needs" that animates all living beings. Rules of "sane debate" have been established a long, long time ago, and the most important one is : stick to the truth.

And since "truth" is one elusive concept that keeps changing with science's discoveries, it is a good thing to consider that even though something may be "true" today, it may be proved "false" in the future. So all we have to work with is "relative truth" but if logic is applied then this "temporary truth" is far sufficient to have "sane debates" even on very sensible subjects.

Most law books take "good faith" for granted in their introductive chapters, based on the belief that people prefer peace over war, love over hate. As such, "debate" is a tool to find solutions, not to create more problems.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2018
    oojimaflip likes this.
  4. dichebach

dichebach Captain

Sherman tanks are way better than T-34s or Panthers.

piddlefoot likes this.
  5. Kassonnade

Kassonnade Rear Admiral

I don't care if people agree with me or not, take that for granted. If you like to step in s**t it's your business, if you expect more "likes" by smiling while doing it then more power to you.

Maybe Eleon is trying to please everyone, maybe you are, but I learned from real life that it's not a reasonable expectation. Players can be hypocrits, pedantic, selfish, short-sighted like anybody else when it suits them, so I don't need you to step in s**t with a smile to try to have me change my mind on anything.

6. Imhotepsol

Imhotepsol Ensign

No I've just been watching you all day, pretending to be an adult, while acting like a petulant child.

7. The Tactician[ Λ ]

The Tactician[ Λ ] Rear Admiral

ugh now looking back at this i see how bad i was, im keeping my trap shut on negative **** for now on LOL

8. Kassonnade

Kassonnade Rear Admiral

I haven't been here all day: I work. Strike 1.
    I don't pretend being an adult : I state that a feature is ridiculous, and that's my right and the topic. Strike 2.
    You deliberately spent the day watching me just to get a shot off-topic. That's trolling. Strike 3.

Your actions define you better than your words.

9. ☣.C.H.U.D.☣

☣.C.H.U.D.☣ Captain

upload_2018-6-11_17-48-31.gif

TK85 and Imhotepsol like this.
  10. Imhotepsol

Imhotepsol Ensign

I wouldn't make assumptions, that's already bitten you in the ass today. I have a job that affords me time to be able to read *shrugs*

As for your strike 2: I've been reading the discussion for actual news/feedback from other users. You arrived in with a bad attitude and immediately started throwing your toys out of the pram. All the other guy did was suggest that not every one had an issue with this feature, but you had to derail the thread because you didn't get your way.

Finally, as for trolling. No, there's no need for me to make a mockery out of you when you're obviously far more skilled at that, than I could ever hope to be.

Seriously, for a game that attracts a supposedly "mature" audience, I'm not seeing much evidence of it here.

☣.C.H.U.D.☣ likes this.
  11. Kassonnade

Kassonnade Rear Admiral

So you've been "watching" all day, not "watching me", because I only posted this morning and late afternoon. About this "bitten you in the ass" thing you may be taking your wishes for reality, but that's quite common for people living for games with not much else to experience emotions & other real life matters.

That is none of your business, really. Get a life first, then try giving lessons. If you see me breaking forum rules you can always report this, other than that I knew from your very first post that you were just looking for attention, or for some "father image" or whatever the heck goes in your head.

If you would call yourself "mature" you would not be here discussing with someone you evidently dislike, so obviously you are not seeking an issue to a problem related to the game. For what it can be I'm not interested, so feel free to get your "gratification" with someone else. I don't send pictures and I have a happy life, so thanks for the attention, and please focus on the game.

12. Imhotepsol

Imhotepsol Ensign

*Yawn*

You're very tiresome but I enjoy these games:

Point 1: Not only are you projecting, but you seem to be unable to objectively see reality. That's fine, I'd expect no less from someone who flies into a blind rage over a video game. Just pointing out it's hilarious.

Point 2: LOL. You chose to make an ass of your self on a public forum. You made it everyones business by posting it in public. You should really learn restraint if you're so easily triggered.

Point 3: Refer to point one on objective reality. Also, this isn't your first time being put here. I'm sitting here calmly while you're raging behind a computer screen trying to win an argument on the internet, with someone who ultimately doesn't care.

☣.C.H.U.D.☣ likes this.
  13. Kassonnade

Kassonnade Rear Admiral

The only "objective reality" is that you are not beside me to see if I am raging or not when replying to someone in any manner that doesn't please your little boy's expectations. You find me "tiresome" and come back for more "spanking" (since I'm "raging") but you follow your instincts I guess.

So "it's hilarious" but "tiresome", I'm "projecting" but you have no clue about reality of this, etc. Your last sentence is contradicted by your persistence.You call this a game while I call this trolling.

You still have nothing to say about the game/ topic on which you "intervened" and just focus on me. I suggest that you are lying, that in fact you care to the point of not resisting the envy to focus on me instead on anything related to the game, and now on your 17 total messages on these forums you have 5 ( 30%) consecutive pointless posts aimed at telling me how much you don't care.

14. Imhotepsol

Imhotepsol Ensign

*Yawn* you're extremely boring now.

This could go on a while if you're expecting the last word. I'm not going to give you that small victory in your otherwise sad little life.

☣.C.H.U.D.☣ likes this.
  15. Kassonnade

Kassonnade Rear Admiral

You seem truly affected by all this. I am flattered that you could get so fascinated by a total stranger.

16. Imhotepsol

Imhotepsol Ensign

:)

☣.C.H.U.D.☣ likes this.
  17. Kassonnade

Kassonnade Rear Admiral

:rolleyes:

18. Imhotepsol

Imhotepsol Ensign

:)

19. piddlefoot

piddlefoot Rear Admiral

Well I just brainfarted.

Right ,,, back to the footy !

20. WolfEyes

WolfEyes Captain

Excluding Piddle's last post (#79)...

what the fuck did I just read?

I wonder if the mods/devs would be interested in creating a corn field section. For those that have no idea what that is, it's a forum section that posters can be restricted to. Meaning they can't post anywhere else for X amount of time, except in the corn field. Anyone not restricted can post in the corn field at their own risk.

Corn fields are not free-for-alls. They are a form of punishment and those posting there do risk being suspended/banned if they go too far. They (the corn fields) are very effective in weeding out the troublemakers. They usually won't hang around if they don't have an audience.

Both of you need to go pick some fiber. :p