Using Tent in Creative will stuck the game in a black screen

Discussion in 'Bugs' started by japp_02, Feb 22, 2024.

1. japp_02

japp_02 Commander

For more information see here Bug Report Template

Build: 1.11.3
    Mode: Single Player, Creative

Reproducibility: Deploy tent, using to skip 8 hours
    Severity: Minor

Type: Creative, Tent

Description:
    Deploying and using the tent in Creative mode to skip 8 hours will turn the screen black and the game stucked. I have to hit ESC and hit the arrow upper left without seeing the cursor to go back to main menu.
    Note: I know I could use the dm to skip or stop time but for testing fuel efficiency for solar panels or alike it's better to use real-time skip with the tent.

Steps to Reproduce:
    1) Place tent in a Creative game mode
    2) skip 8 hours > The screen remains black
    3)

2. japp_02

japp_02 Commander

I cannot reproduce this bug 100%, it seems not to happen when I freshly load a game session and then soon use the tent which will then work without problems. Not a bug to concentrate on, there are more serious ones. Should I find the cause I will post it here. Could be memory related after a long game session of 2 hours and more, maybe too many objects in my Creative save which slows down the game and make such anomalies appear?

Identical flaws happen with the N Menu in a long lasting game session: Suddenly keys will not do what they are supposed to do, the Undo / Redo will take very long etc. In one case my player was stucked and no keys were responding, I couldn't move, I couldn't launch the map, I had to restart after which all was fluent and normal.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2024