v1.3.X Patches

Discussion in 'Patch Notes' started by Pantera, Dec 16, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kassonnade

Kassonnade Rear Admiral

@krazzykid2006 my question was specifically about size. Obviously if reticle was bigger then color would be less of an issue, I guess.

As for color, since we aim at a zillion things, what can be a "good" color and what can be a "bad" one is a moot point IMO. Just spent a month in a Ubisoft game with a white reticle, in a winter setup. Had to draw a dot on my screen to play...

zaphodikus likes this.
  2. ♠ArcticSØul™

♠ArcticSØul™ Ensign

Thanks for the response!
    Then I guess sun flares could reflect on the entire structure (Base, CV, SV,...), not only on specific objects like turrets and doors, and in a more balanced way. I played on a alien planet yesterday and the color of the CV and its Turrets really dont match together now.

Khazul and Kassonnade like this.
  3. Kassonnade

Kassonnade Rear Admiral

It also depends on things like your graphical settings, and how the playfields were setup, because that is where colors for the flares and skybox or "galaxy" setup/ sun light color can affect lighting. If colors are all mixed up in there then it may give weird results in game.

Germanicus likes this.
  4. Spoon

Spoon Captain

Honest answer: If these 'details' are the same size and thinness as the crosshair then I'm most probably going to miss them. It doesn't help that when in combat the thin crosshair turns red and pretty much disappears in the blast of the gun.

Just to add. I totally agree with @krazzykid2006 post. Now I'm playing Minecraft. The crosshair in that is not big. The good thing about the crosshair in Minecraft is that it changes colour with regards to the background colour.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2020
  5. Khazul

Khazul Rear Admiral

Then it was a bad fix. While I was only initially noticing this at night - seeing it in the day as well now.

Broken 'fixes' and unwelcome fix to broken implementation of bad idea... seems to be the theme of this update.

6. Kassonnade

Kassonnade Rear Admiral

Then why not simply change to lower resolution ? You prefer to stop playing ?

Edit : here, see this :

checkaxis_2020-12-18_10-59-53.png

Now just crank all other setting to max, and the picture should be ok, since this is not a triple-A quality game anyway, and nothing more will appear with an ultra rez. I am the one needing glasses here and just postponing it until I'm 90, but I can see the reticle fine. I had to "stretch" the image on the right because of the destop resolution making it smaller than the left image. I enabled the "bloom" effect on the right side, so this also makes a difference (see the shape of the " + " ).

Using antialisasing at high resolutions is useless, especially in this game. Until it gets better...

You make it sound like you're surprised at the quality of graphics after playing thousands of hours. Seriously did you notice that each and every day you're complaining about something in terms of someone really pissed off, but you're still here the next day to do the same ?

Sofianinho and Germanicus like this.
  7. Spoon

Spoon Captain

I do like the game and I would like to play but its just too frustrating at the moment.
    Try your test inside a POI where the red blends into the background, or get into a shooting match and see if you can see it clearly then.
    I may give it a try tomorrow.

RedScourge likes this.
  8. Khazul

Khazul Rear Admiral

WTF is this supposed to mean? You have a problem with people complaining about bugs and sloppy work? I guess you have low standards.

RedScourge likes this.
  9. Germanicus

Germanicus Rear Admiral

So...seems something that I should put into the Suggestion Area instead of here...how would it be if the Cross Hair would fair like THIS Windows Mouse setting - (sorry, its in German). The yellow Arrow marks the position of the Cursor I use - for better visibility.

Cross Hair.jpg

Kassonnade likes this.
  10. Kassonnade

Kassonnade Rear Admiral

No need to go there : I asked 2 years ago to remove the very "personal" and disgusting munching sounds and to lower the amount of blood splatters on the screen that covered the whole screen (add smoke and particles too) when hit by turrets. If I want to check something in godmode, then too bad because there is nothing to be seen, and there is no way to alleviate this by changing resolution.

Only fools keep on trying unsuccessful methods. Keep complaining like you do, we'll keep on watching.

11. Khazul

Khazul Rear Admiral

Personally I dont like these kind of XOR cursors - they can break up badly against some backgrounds.

An approach that may work is double layering it - ie inner and outer color such they the combination will contrast with any background on either the inside or the outside.

Bollen and Kassonnade like this.
  12. Khazul

Khazul Rear Admiral

So were are fools for trying to play the game?

You know what - maybe you are right - maybe this is now too much of a pile of **** to be worth bothering with. You should be right at home.

RedScourge likes this.
  13. Germanicus

Germanicus Rear Admiral

If you can find it within a 4k Res...;)
    The question is if a double layering would be possible within the Unity Game Engine.

14. Kassonnade

Kassonnade Rear Admiral

I'm not. Currently I'm modding it, because guess what...

Well there comes a time where the question may be worth asking, isn't it ? If I spend X amount of time on something that gets me very little satisfaction, I tend to do something else. You're just at a point thousands of other players reached and if you find no fun in modding/ making scenarios / blueprints, well this last patch is undoubtedly "empty" and lacks "food for players".

And to be honest, just reading the console messages in my creative "workbench" makes my skin crawl back on my bones. But the game did not implode yet, so there's hope.

Don't get all worked up for this, because indeed it may not be worth it.

zaphodikus, Sofianinho and Germanicus like this.
  15. Spoon

Spoon Captain

I'm not quite understanding this. This is to change the mouse pointer for windows. (Yes, I use the arrow as well in Windows)
    How is changing this going to change the crosshair in the game?

16. Spoon

Spoon Captain

Now that they have got the wonderful xmas update out of the way, maybe they could have a look at the "refinements" list. Maybe your issues above are on it as well.

Kassonnade likes this.
  17. Kassonnade

Kassonnade Rear Admiral

I have a feeling that the reticle is a tiny file with a badly chosen name in a huge assets package full of bad names, which makes this apparently "easy fix" a very tedious task just to find the thing... Just poking around here, but seeing how naming conventions seem to be a little "free" in some "end user" .ecf files, it would not surprise me at all. Searching a small item in a file over 1 gb in size is like searching for a needle in a stack of hay. Several stacks of hay, should I say.

Imagin making a game that you think you will release in just a few months. The reticle is one of the very first things done, and naming it was not so important at that stage. But several gb later on of little tiny things like that, names become important...

Germanicus likes this.
  18. Khazul

Khazul Rear Admiral

I believe it is the same canvas as the rest of the hud, so I guess any image with transparency. I assume they just swap image asset to make it red.

19. Khazul

Khazul Rear Admiral

It is people like you who like to make issue out of people posting complainst that TBH are more of a problem then eleon's lack of response. Bugs are annoying - sometimes very annoying. Sloppy work is disappointing especially to a professional programmer. But people attacking you because you are finding new issues every time you play since a patch - that is someone just trying to be annoying for the sake of it - it not a mistake, or an act of sloppiness - it is a deliberately hostile act.

RedScourge, Marty and malrose1 like this.
  20. Kassonnade

Kassonnade Rear Admiral

The language you speak is the language of children. Grow up and grown ups may listen to you. If you're really a programmer, then you are clearly out of a business, spending so much time on something you should understand better than simple "players" that will get you nowhere.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.