v1.5 EXP: Reworked story missions

Discussion in 'Experimental Features Discussion' started by Hummel-o-War, May 18, 2021.

1. Alhira_K

Alhira_K Captain

It doesn't make sense as extorting and ransoming are related but they're still different things and when you're extorting somebody then ransom usually is what you're after. And bribe just doesn't fit into this at all.

"Polaris officials haven't been seen outside their stations a lot anymore, since some of the underpaid Zirax soldiers started to kidnap them to extort the company for money and valuable resources." Sounds more fitting. (Possible grammar issues aside, I'm bad at grammar)

And "underpaid soldiers" kidnapping members of an enemy faction seems a bit odd to me personally. To me it would sound more reasonable if they'd be normal soldiers just doing their jobs. Ordering your soldiers to take enemies hostage and demand ransom (money, resources, information) sounds like a normal thing to me so maybe these are just their orders from their higher ups.

Miznit, Hummel-o-War and Germanicus like this.
  2. Radgrim

Radgrim Ensign

Yes, I think something like the above is better.
    Or perhaps "...started to kidnap them and force the company to pay ransom for their release."

Foofaspoon and Germanicus like this.
  3. Radgrim

Radgrim Ensign

Crashed Birds. The guard says go up one level and to the right. Of course, "to the right" is meaningless because it depends on your orientation to the elevator. I also found Kezzel first and talked to him. I then went looking for Commander Carver, but never found him. The check box eventually became checked indicating that I did find him, but I never saw him. Since he has despawned (maybe because I already accepted the mission from Kezzel), there is no way to talk to him. I looked for him both inside and outside. Only the security console and Kezzel have yellow triangles on this level.

4. Germanicus

Germanicus Rear Admiral

The Commander is a fixed NPC like a Trader.
    First Floor you see a desk, to the right is a Door, step through it, turn right and there is the Commander (Symbol over his head)
    Second floor is - as the conversation with Commander tells you - Kezzel.

V1.5B3355_2021-05-20_19-37-20.png V1.5B3355_2021-05-20_19-37-28.png V1.5B3355_2021-05-20_19-37-32.png V1.5B3355_2021-05-20_19-37-38.png

To help you.:)

Last edited: May 20, 2021
    Lyceq likes this.
  5. Markyofballard

Markyofballard Ensign

It appears all the traders on the space station are bugged and I can talk to the guy at the bar.

6. Robot Shark

Robot Shark Rear Admiral

Just a thought, now that we are setting waypoints on the NPC's perhaps we no longer need the yellow triangle over their heads?

7. Germanicus

Germanicus Rear Admiral

Not all have a Waypoint.:)
    But may be you can offer a solution how to define the NPC to talk to standing within a group of NPC without putting a Marker over his head...I believe the Devs will be all Ears.;):D

Robot Shark likes this.
  8. Robot Shark

Robot Shark Rear Admiral

The only other thing I can think of is for the traders to have a unique model.

9. Escarli

Escarli Rear Admiral

Not really an issue with a rework, but I'm watching a streamer currently who mentioned the Radar Station (Chapter 4) was a bit confusing in terms of where to go.

It's something I've observed several times when watching people run through it, so it's not just a singular instance. Some people tend to have trouble finding the core room and find the poi to be a bit of a maze.

Is there some way that could be done to help guide players to the core room?

10. Hummel-o-War

Hummel-o-War Administrator Staff Member Community Manager

• Developer
    Yes. If you run into a factions troops, you should discover them. BUT I think i have set the troopers to "Alien" so the player does not get revealed who these guys are from - he can suspect it, though. I found it strage he suddenly has them discovered and know "that are Zirax".

Germanicus likes this.
  11. Hummel-o-War

• Developer
    Will do that when all the current chapters are reworked/updated. ;)

Hector G likes this.
  12. Germanicus

Germanicus Rear Admiral

I did not 'discover' the Zirax until the random Drones showed up.. The Trooper themselves triggered nothing.

13. Hummel-o-War

• Developer
    You might have gone up one level too far.

14. Hummel-o-War

• Developer
    What means "bugged" exactly?

15. Hummel-o-War

• Developer
    Actually it is a very EASY maze .. it is just two corridors splitting up in the room after you descend to the room with the pillars. Both the core room and the teleporter room are at the very end of each corridor.. Will think about sth.

16. Germanicus

Germanicus Rear Admiral

My suggestion - >
    1439352.jpg

;):D

17. Escarli

Escarli Rear Admiral

I don't disagree :) It's unfortunate really because it is simple but yet at the same time I've witnessed a fair few get lost in it unable to find the core room.

18. Selak

Selak Ensign

I noticed in the Talon storyline, after you finish the Alien Tower and get the Alien Parasite you are told to return to the village chief. The village Chief tells you to go see the Shaman. The Shaman then says go see the trader and get 1 Alien tooth, 1 Herbal Leaf, and 1 Plant protein. As you leave the conversation with the Shaman, he gives you all three items as if it was a quest reward for talking to the shaman. Should he be giving those items or should the trader be the one to actually hand those items to the player? If the Shaman is supposed to give the items, then why does he say go get them from the trader instead of just telling you to go put them in the baskets next to the cooking pot?

I would suggest either move the reward of the items to the next step (the one that completes when you talk to the Trader) or just remove the go to the trader part and have the shaman still give you the three items and just send you to the baskets and cooking pot instead of the trader.

19. Hummel-o-War

• Developer
    The double-give is not intended. Will be fixed for next weeks update.

20. Selak

Selak Ensign

Its not double give at the moment. Its that its given by wrong person.

Chief says go to shaman.

Shaman says go get items from trader and also gives you the items.

Trader sends you back to Shaman but gives nothing.

Shaman then sends you to the baskets to make the antitoxic creme.