v1.5 EXP: Reworked story missions

Discussion in 'Experimental Features Discussion' started by Hummel-o-War, May 18, 2021.

1. Robot Shark

Robot Shark Rear Admiral

I just wanted to point out that you can also make the Antibiotic Ointment when you have the ingredients for the Antitoxic Ointment for the story mission. I know the mission tells you which one to craft but I got click-happy once and made the wrong one.

Perhaps tweak the recipe for the Antibiotic Ointment so that it cannot be crafted?

20210608085916_1.jpg

Pach likes this.
  2. Germanicus

Germanicus Rear Admiral

Or go back to trader and BUY the right stuff again...:rolleyes:
    Besides, when you are coming out of the Tower you have enough parts to make the Ointment 2 or 3 times:)

Thor'sHammer and Robot Shark like this.
  3. Robot Shark

Robot Shark Rear Admiral

I know, I know...
    Just trying to make the game a little more idiot-proof because I went click-happy once. <sigh>

Pach likes this.
  4. Germanicus

Germanicus Rear Admiral

You can't cover all kind of idiocy within a game - there is always room to excel:rolleyes:;)

Pach likes this.
  5. Robot Shark

Robot Shark Rear Admiral

I was able to play through Chapters 1 and 2 with no issues on the Arid starter planet, as far as the mission progression was concerned.

A few quick notes.

I spawned well within Talon territory.
    I know the Arid starter is supposed to be a harder world to start on, so I'm guessing the drone near the Heidelberg wreckage was intentional.
    But I feel that the Damaged Dart was way too close to the drone base, I also ran into ground troops while retrieving it and took off under fire from the ground troops.

As usual, I used seed 2261970
    20210608105105_1.jpg

20210608150119_1.jpg

20210608150142_1.jpg

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 9, 2021
  6. bluemax151

bluemax151 Captain

I can confirm the damaged dart was also swarming with Zirax ground troops in Experimental. I honestly didn't check how close I was to their POIs. I was overly well equipped at the time so the ~5 patrols I encountered weren't a big deal. Not a problem if you're an experienced player or know what to expect but this would be a hassle for a new player. Especially if they neglect to bring fuel and other supplies with them...

I don't want the difficulty to be reduced because then the game would be too easy but the quests need threat level warnings or something that at least hints at the combat level required.

Pach and Robot Shark like this.
  7. Robot Shark

Robot Shark Rear Admiral

Well, it is supposed to be a more difficult planet to start on...
    I just wanted to make sure the difficulty is where the devs wanted it because (when I hung around) I started getting swarmed by the drone base.
    In the words of Monty Python, RUN AWAY! RUN AWAY!

8. Germanicus

Germanicus Rear Admiral

You might be able to 'stretch' the POI Locations by playing on a LARGE PLanet instead of the Medium ones.
    Not that you won't slam on the Ground within Talon Territory anyway. That is done deliberately.

Lyceq and Pach like this.
  9. Robot Shark

Robot Shark Rear Admiral

I tried the first two chapters on the snow planet, major ouch at the end.

While the Arid starter uses the old escape pod entry, the Snow player used the new cannonball entry.

I spawned in Talon territory again, but not as far in as on the Arid planet.
    I went through the first two chapters with no issues, then I tried to claim the SV....
    Spawned in the middle of a crossfire between defense towers with ground troops already in the area.

20210608141544_1.jpg

20210608142937_1.jpg

20210608143025_1.jpg

10. Germanicus

Germanicus Rear Admiral

You know that you can now OPT OUT of Experimental, yes?:D
    V1.5 is now on public...just in case you did not notice;)

Pach likes this.
  11. Robot Shark

Robot Shark Rear Admiral

I am doing as requested. :)

On a side question, are the small spiders at the Ancient Tower supposed to be non-hostile?
    I can walk up to them, jump on them, shoot them, and they just continue to scurry around.
    Makes it easy for a starter POI but I figured I would ask.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2021
    Germanicus likes this.
  12. Germanicus

Germanicus Rear Admiral

Well than you are posting in the wrong Forum Section.
    Add your thought and findings in the Public-Branch;)

Pach and Thorwine like this.
  13. Robot Shark

Robot Shark Rear Admiral

Yes, I am still thinking about this.
    I was in Kriel space when a possible solution came to me.
    Give all traders a sash like this fellow, if you want to make them more noticeable, make the sash orange.

20210611192233_1.jpg

Germanicus and Pach like this.
  14. Thor'sHammer

Thor'sHammer Commander

I haven't read through the entire thread because I don't want the inevitable spoilers ...

I'm restarting a new game under 1.5 and in "Hail to the Chief" when I talked to the Tribal Chief, he says to go to the MONUMENT to clear the spiders and look at the tablets. This is the verbiage from the old storyline. I was confused at first because the Ancient Tower and the Monument used to be separate steps. So the dialog with the Chief needs to be edited to say "Go to the Ancient Tower"

15. Thor'sHammer

Thor'sHammer Commander

You just made me chuckle. I was scrolling UP and saw the Kriel just as I read your sig that says "When old friends get together, everything else fades to insignificance." .

I wouldn't call those beasts exactly "Friends" was what popped into my head before I read your post ... Have run too many games where they rip you up in the swamps! :)

Robot Shark likes this.
  16. Thor'sHammer

Thor'sHammer Commander

In Crashed Birds - The Appointment - Speak to Commander Carter:
    After I speak to the Guard and he tells me to use the Elevator, I can't because it's "Other Faction". I have the Science Report in my backpack.

I had to manual the Get an Appointment step but it still didn't release the elevator. I can see Carter's marker on the floor above but can't get to him. Tried sneaking in the 1st floor from outside, but doors lock with Other Faction.

Guess I'll gm it and get up to the 1st floor and see how it goes.
    EDIT: Did a gm in console and went up the elevator, then gm again to off. Commander & Kessel
    worked fine but got stuck at door going down to leave (big surprise) so gm'd past it then back to gm off.

Also (minor) the new Trader 'Maintenance Data' has a misssspellling on 'Speace Weather Report'

Another (minor) The Doctor has been picked up according to his assistant, but I went back to the Heidelberg (while in the Burial Chamber step) and he's still hanging out there.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2021
  17. Thor'sHammer

Thor'sHammer Commander

Hey Pach!
    This is my second try at this post, first got broken by a my adding a spoiler. Not really a reply to you, but wanted to share some info on what happened for me.

I found a Technical Artifact, a ring (you found 3! Lucky person), and booze. More info in spoiler below. I tore that Burial Chamber to shreds I was sure I was missing an Alien loot box, I thought there must be another since it says Technical Artifacts ..
    Kept hearing hissing (Spiders) in one area but couldn't find them.

My problem: I had my Hover Craft with a WiFi above and was looting to a storage box on it instead of my backpack! I suddenly thought "What if I need to have it in my backpack, like when you deliver to Kessel?" Moved it to my backpack and -

BINGO!

This is probably true for all the quests. THE ITEM MUST BE IN YOUR
    BACKPACK TO TRIGGER THE NEXT STEP!
    I knew it had to be there for DELIVERY, but didn't know it had to be there to trigger the checkbox to complete the step, and I try to loot to my HV when in a POI.

Lesson learned.

Note to Devs: Might reword Technical Artifacts to SINGULAR 'Artifact'. That little 's' cost me two hours or more of my life. :)

Don't read this if you haven't completed the Burial Chamber!
    I found Gold, Red, & White loot boxes [ /spoiler]

Pach likes this.
  18. Germanicus

Germanicus Rear Admiral

And most likely you have missed one Loot box;):p...as many other do

Thor'sHammer likes this.
  19. Hummel-o-War

Hummel-o-War Administrator Staff Member Community Manager

• Developer
    Did you actually try this with the EXP version or with the current Public version? The EXP has not been updated for issues we found after the release.. so might be fixed.?

20. Thor'sHammer

Thor'sHammer Commander

Ha! Good lord. That bloody site is worse than swiss cheese. I killed three drill charges, followed between walls, up and down, covered the entire base and roof of the structure ... where the hell did they hide it??!!?? (Don't tell me, rhetorical Q).

I had to have spent half an hour at least looking for those "hidden" spiders between the White & Red boxes.

If you're punking me I'll hurt you :p:D

Germanicus likes this.