v1.8.5 Patch

Discussion in 'Patch Notes' started by Pantera, Aug 1, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. timindallas

timindallas Ensign

Having an issue with newly placed Motion Sensors in Multi-Player.
    I run a dedicated server on a Windows 2008 R2 box for a few friends and I, and with the most recent 1.8.5 patch we found that existing motion sensors work fine, but placing a new motion sensor down will not work. Red highlight area does not show, and when attempting to set the Signal Logic TX Signal name, it does not remain saved. It saves for like 15 seconds, but when we go back to it, the field is blank again.
    Motion Sensors are attempting to be put in place on Bases and Capital Vessels in open areas, for use with Teleporter.
    Steps Taken:
    1. Set Teleporter down
    2. Set Motion Sensor face down on block space above Teleporter
    3. Access Core Menu > Devices > [Auto Group]
    4. Access Core Menu > Devices > Signals > Motion Sensor - Rename to "Teleport" and press Enter
    5. Access Core Menu > Devices > Signals > Teleport - Adjust all settings to 1 except for "Front" which is set to 2
    6. Access Core Menu > Signal Logic > Signals > Teleport - Name TX Signal "Teleporter"
    7. Access Core Menu > Signal Logic > Transportation > Teleporter - Set On/Off = Teleporter - Follow
    8. Exit Core Menu, Step back 2 block spaces and then forward onto Teleporter (Teleporter will not turn on)
    9. Access Core Menu > Signal Logic > Signals - Teleport sensor name is back to "Motion Sensor" and TX Signal is empty

I have ensured there are no other signals present attached to the structure (no overlapping signals), and the problem still occurs.
    All of my signals which were placed down before the patch still work perfectly fine, and signals spawned in from Blueprint also work fine.
    It's just when I place a new signal down, that it will not work.

2. Jacob McBride

Jacob McBride Ensign

Damn glad I checked back and thx for the reply. Checked mine. Reaquired 1 file and was fixed lol

Germanicus likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.