v1.9 Experimental III

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Pantera, Dec 7, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pantera

Pantera Administrator Staff Member

• Developer
    Hi Galactic Survivalists!

We are going into the last experimental round of version 1.9. If no more major issues are found, the general release will take place in the middle of next week!

Of course we will continue to work on the reported issues. :)
    In the current update, some of your reported issues have already been fixed.

In addition to additional balancing work on weapon stats, various graphic effects have also been reworked: the energy beam of the survival tool, muzzle flashes and propulsion beams, e.g. on the jetpack.

We are looking forward to your active support and feedback in this experimental phase!

Please check out our feedback forums and use the pinned threads:
    https://empyriononline.com/forums/experimental-features-discussion.35/

Any bug reports please post directly to our bug forum:
    https://empyriononline.com/forums/bugs.34/

We hope you have fun!
    Empyrion Dev Team

PS: .Please note that all our official servers will be wiped with the public release!

Changes:
    - New VFX added: New Player jetpack & vessel thruster flames, New beams currently visible on the survival tool for each mode &New muzzle flashes for weapons
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

- Armor glass color tweak - it's now darker and less saturated.
    - Assault Shotgun (Shotgun2) nerf
    - Weapon Recoil further tweaks
    - Laser Weapons precision tweaks
    - Added templates for SMG, LaserSMG & LaserCarbine + added Weapons to tech tree
    - New Weapons added to loot
    - Suit lights are now only available when the Helmet is on.
    - Localisation update (new weapons, some others)
    - Small optimisation made to lights that can see a small increase in FPS depending on the scene (ymmv depending on your hardware).

Fixes:

- Logistics will open a cargobox instead of pentaxid tank
    - Unable to rotate turret with manual control
    - Player can run underwater with weapon in hands
    - Some Akua Plantations and Farms lacking quest objectives
    - TITAN (rear) bridge log broken (DE)
    - Alien faction is attacked by all other factions without having a war state set in factions.ecf
    - Lighting anomaly visible in the corners of the screen when the suit light or torch is in use
    - Pilot HUD elements are not switched off when leaving game with them on -> they are visible in next game even if player is not a pilot there
    - Solar power calculation isn't taking the day-night time cycle in to consideration
    - Cryo chamber can not be accessed

EAH:
    - https://eah.empyrion-homeworld.net/download/patch-notes-emp-admin-helper-full

Known:

- Jetpack VFX appear on when first loading in to a save. Toggle the J key to cycle through the on/off status.
    - Seaweed model textures broken
    - Ambient butterfly's texture missing alpha channel

2. Myrmidon

Myrmidon Rear Admiral

Please reconsider this. In planets with oxygen and inside vessels/BAs etc players removing the helmet also remove the shading at the screen sides that depict the helmet's visor. It is not realistic anyway, it is more realistic to have a light on shoulder of the armor as explorers. ESA, NASA etc may design their EVA suits having lights on helmets but they are specifically used as EVAs. Plus they are suits not armors.

Mobius, Monroe, marko0280 and 4 others like this.
  3. Fractalite

Fractalite Rear Admiral

Very cool. I completely missed this. The jetpack is much improved too.

4. Slywraith

Slywraith Ensign

Any chance we're going to see a fix for the vessel desync bug in this or next release? Can't speak for everyone - but for me and my buddies, it keeps us from playing.

5. Scoob

Scoob Rear Admiral

Anyone else randomly dying while driving an HV? I was driving up a slight incline on Masperon when I suddenly insta-died of "blood loos". Health good, if not quite 100%, and no injuries.

The HV was being its normal janky self, not following the terrain and requiring manual adjustments to hover parallel, so I wonder if it glitched out?

Also, Assault Shotgun, sorta cool with the crazy fire rate, but damage sucks now. It used to be good for "dashing" attacks, where you could get close, do a large amount of damage with one shot before dodging away. I think this weapon needs two firing modes; 1) Single shot, tighter spread, high damage - aka the old T2 Shotgun - and 2) Rapid fire, high spread, same damage but you need to be really close to hit a single target.

If the Assault Shotgun is going to retain just one firing mode, then slowing down the RoF slightly would work. Note: I've not experienced the regular shotgun this game-start, got a lucky loot drop early on, so went straight to the T2.

6. jadefalcon

jadefalcon Captain

A terrifying concept...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.