Feedback Required Version 1.5: Robinson Protocol 1+2 (new)

Discussion in 'FAQ & Feedback' started by Hummel-o-War, Jun 8, 2021.

1. Hummel-o-War

Hummel-o-War Administrator
    Staff Member Community Manager

• Developer
    For version 1.5 we have re-added a tutorial-style introduction on the TEMPERATE starter planet (only) in the default-random scenario (NOT to be confused with the standalone Tutorial-Scenario you can start directly from the main menu!).

The two chapters of the Robinson Protocol shall teach new players how to survive the first days and nights.

The Robinson Protocol will start automatically after having landed on the Temperate Starter

2. Evolvei

Evolvei Commander

Content: Crafting Preparations
    Actions: Add Template

I normally make the shotgun since pistol is mostly useless. Couldn't figure out why Add Template was not being checked.
    Figured it out and made pistol then it checked.
    Keep it simple for new players. If what you want the step to be is Craft Pistol then don't use Add Template as the check, use Craft Pistol.

Craft Pistol comes up afterwards in Craft armament but Add Template did not check until after I made the pistol.

Thorwine likes this.
  3. Thorwine

Thorwine Commander

I agree, that step can be very confusing if you don't read the details before very attentive. You can end in "Huh? What frickin' template do I have to add??"

4. Jericho_47

Jericho_47 Ensign

I find the pod landing scene ugly (artifact on the trail of fire and the image is jerky). It was much better before when we could lead the pod, it was more immersive. Now we do nothing and looking around does nothing more. Change to do less well, bad inspiration! Disappointing. I'm a little afraid for the rest of the additions/changes ...

5. JuStX2

JuStX2 Captain

I agree, this decision was likely made to reduce the game's overhead, but a critical feature to immersion like this had to be sacrificed in doing so. Also I'm not crazy about the new meta being "Crash Land and Pickup your flashlight and survival tool off the ground"; Temperate Planets are too easy as it is, and leveling is just a pain in MP because no matter what you do you are ALWAYS behind in Tech Points. (I would just assume remove the tech tree altogether at this point, and just use a resource-based crafting sink); Now add to that initial replay frustration that "Oh I have no gear on me, and my escape pod spawned some loot around me I can't find to pick up"

6. Foofaspoon

Foofaspoon Commander

I disagree about the escape pod - I like the new crash. Feels like you have actually had an emergency escape, rather than having a nice day out as you pootle gently to the surface while admiring the view!

Escarli likes this.
  7. Asmodan

Asmodan Lieutenant

Started a new game today and i see that the Robinson Protocol could be helpful for new players by showing important things. But if you do something out of Order (e.g. you have already a Constructor) you end up manually skipping steps or get stucked if you don't know how this works and what the game actually wants. Also i was confused about the "Add template" step for the pistol, it should say "Build a Pistol" and not add template. After i finished the Robinson Protocol it started the Prelude (i think) and then nothing happens. I restarted the Prelude from the Story tab and repeated the last steps and then again nothing happens. I can't activate the Tales from the Past Quest because it says "Mission will be activated by the Game" so for now it looks i am unable to start the story.

8. BossManW916

BossManW916 Ensign

Not a fan of the Hiedelburg<sp?> being an admin core now. Not lootable, Constructer unusable, etc.

9. Hummel-o-War

Hummel-o-War Administrator
    Staff Member Community Manager

• Developer
    Simply use a drill and then destroy the core.

Thorwine and Germanicus like this.