Vexray Galactic - PVP | PVE | Custom Planets | 24/7 Dedicated

Discussion in 'Multiplayer Meeting Room' started by Vexray, Jun 29, 2016.

1. Vexray

Vexray Captain

Survivors,

As some of you know, our current host has decided to discontinue hosting empyrion. Over the last week I have been using this time to make a very important decision, weighing options, and deciding on what was both best for myself, and best for the players who enjoyed our server so much.

With a heavy heart, I have decided it was time to move on. I am moving in the next few days to a different town, as well as starting college back up again on the 15th. With these events going on, It would not be fair for me to try to host a server and not be able to provide the same amount of dedication I had once before, so in order to prevent that, Ive decided to close down Vexray Galactic and wait for another time to try again.

The state of the game currently makes it too expensive to do what I love, creating content for the players. Currently, custom planets take their own resources and by having as many as we did, it was causing our server to spike up to 30 gigs of ram usage. Our server host saw this, and made an important buisness decision on their end to close their doors to the game. Unfortunatly the cost of hosting empyrion will never be as cheap as we managed to get it from them, and are now looking at 150+$ a month just as a start.

Im very sorry to those of you who enjoyed playing on my server, It was alot of fun building for you all, being able to provide custom planets, POIs and the scarab and lorien themed builds. I only hope that sometime soon the cost to host will go down and maybe we can come back to life. In the meantime however I feel its just best for me to close doors and concentrate on school.

I will keep this steam group open to players who wish to use reference material weve posted in here, as well as make updates when I can. The server will be shutting down indefinatly as of tonight 8/13/16 and will not be wiped. Theres too much changes in configs for it to be worth it for only a few days. Instead it was decided to just close early so people have more chance to find a new home elsewhere.

With this news its also decided that I will be taking a break from Empyrion. Theres simply not enough to do at the moment and the amount I have done in such a short little time has burned me out completely. I apologize to those of you who are fans of my work, sometimes its best to take a break from something before it becomes a burden, this way when more content comes along, coming back to the game wont be near as had.
    Best of luck to everyone, its been a long ride, we made it from January all the way to August, im glad we had everyone join us and maybe one day we will all have alot of fun together again!

Sincerely,
    Vexray

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
    Server Reference Links and Information -IMPORTANT-
    Due to the clutter on steam groups, I decided to make a collaborative list of all information regarding the server and links of importants in one Discussion, This should help reduce confusion on the server and ensure everyone has the information they need.

Server Information
    ===================

Server IP:
    192.95.47.217:30000

Server Rules:
    http://steamcommunity.com/groups/vaxalworks/discussions/0/360670708783018219/

Server Discord:
    https://discord.gg/7UK2eet

Forums Link:
    http://empyriononline.com/threads/vexray-galactic-pvp-pve-custom-planets-24-7-dedicated.6642/#post-64635

Empyrion Servers Voting: (Resets every 24 hours!)
    https://empyrion-servers.com/server/343/

Bug Reporting:
    http://steamcommunity.com/groups/vaxalworks/discussions/4/

Donation Page:
    https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_donations&business=2AZR6FHMP58AY&lc=US&item_name=Vaxal%20Galactic%20Empyrion%20Dedicated%20Server&currency_code=USD&bn=PP-DonationsBF%3abtn_donateCC_LG.gif%3aNonHosted

Custom Content Information
    ====================

History of Lorien and Scarab: -Coming Soon-
    http://steamcommunity.com/groups/vaxalworks/discussions/0/358415738190127599/

Lorien Federation Forums:
    http://steamcommunity.com/groups/vaxalworks/discussions/1/

Scarab Legion Forums:
    http://steamcommunity.com/groups/vaxalworks/discussions/2/

List of Planets:
    http://steamcommunity.com/groups/vaxalworks/discussions/0/358416640391689834/

Current Starmap:
    Coordinates - https://empathy.gyazo.com/dcfd9588c32ff0adc7aa7464e0f96165
    List of Planets - https://empathy.gyazo.com/5efd6e10d4df1541a48d21116e207e2b
    Planet Resources - https://empathy.gyazo.com/f7ad874a2f84cd2f7da6f7731440928e

Sorry for the wait guys, I realize this post should hae been made a long time ago and have not been able to get to it. Hopefully this clears up confusion and gives players everything needed! See you in the server!

Vexray Galactic is also home of the Lorien Federation and Scarab Legion scenario and race wars. Your welcome to join and play as one of the two races, or go your own road as an independent or trade merchant. The skies are yours to rule!

over 15 planets, 6 custom, 4 starting PVE planets. Plenty of PVP. Custom planets have working resources, bases and survival mechanics.

Server IP is : 192.95.47.217:30000 | Max Players 40 | 200 structure limit per playfield | 24/7 Uptime

Scarab Legion vs Lorien Federation

Last edited: Aug 13, 2016
    Krenios and CrazyEd like this.
  2. Vexray

Vexray Captain

Hey guys! Ive been working on the backstory to my two races ive created. The Lorien Federation and the Scarab Legion. I wanted to share with you guys today the Lorien Federation reference chart. This contains all the important information regarding the race as whole, design examples and a guide for building your own Lorien ship. Enjoy!

http://imgur.com/gallery/nfmQ5Il/new

If you are interested in the server, the lore, or ship content i work on, Please feel free to join my steam community! Daily updates and lots of information will be obtainable in the coming months!

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/vaxalworks#

Krenios likes this.
  3. Vexray

Vexray Captain

Bump with an update on the first post

4. Vexray

Vexray Captain

Bump for updates. New Planets, Custom POIs, New Rules change. Come join us if your interested in the Lorien Federation and Scarab Legion =)

Cavadus likes this.
  5. Bigfeet

Bigfeet Captain

Came and like the artwork allready :)
    Where can we find the rulebook and are you aware anticheat is not activated ?
    At my very first encountyer with a the woods on Lumeria (or something) i found uncuttable woods, just some part, went to another and those worked. I do hope you have an anti 21 gun SV rule ...

6. Vexray

Vexray Captain

Glad your enjoying it Bigfeet, hope to see your continued presence on the server, Hopefully i can finish the rest of these POIs and get the last bit of planets up and running =D

7. Vexray

Vexray Captain

VG Online Patch 2.2.1 "A Lorien Nightmare"

Hey guys! Sorry for the delay its been a very very busy week for me. Lets get started shall we?

Changes:
    =======

Lorien AI locations have now been properly named and given planets, no more Alien Outpost!

Added Lorien Comms Relay, Academy and a new RAID class Lorien Weapons Facility to current AI planets. The Weapon Facility is currently not fully complete but i need testing done to ensure its up to snuff, the only thing thats not done is basic deco changes and most interior painting.

[RAID] Lorien Weapons Facility
    5bb3415eb6b66bb8abc343c64e5b86ff.jpg
    f7ee2379c813b08156219177790ca1e2.jpg

The Scarab Legion has stolen a message from a Lorien cargo hauler and has obtained information on the whereabouts of 3 lorien controlled planets. They plan to set up a strike force against the Federation and are requesting squadrons help! Their goal is the Lorien Weapons Facility, rendering these incredibly armed heavy resistance buildings will help cripple the Loriens and provide an excellent source of very valuable materials.

This is a VERY difficult POI. I highly reccomend having multiple players to help take down, be carefull though, aim your shots and try to avoid too much damage or you might miss out on amazing loot! Theres atleast 6 Epic Crates in each Weapons Facility not including the large amounts of other materials. Can you handle it?

(You do not have to be Scarab to participate, the raids are open to everyone)

=======================================================

Event: "A Lorien Nightmare'

The local Talos guardians have come into contact with an incredibly dangerous sickness from dealings with Lorien Federation, a virus that is immune to most common man has ridden them, causing them to violently turn into blood thirsty advocates of death. A new recent strain of this virus has begun to take hold on the human population and is starting to cause panic. Youve been tasked to save both the Human and Talos race from existance!

All across the Lorien Controlled Planets there are Talos Clinics and Xenu Nightmare locations. The Nightmare are infected Talos locations and must be purged! But beware, dont harm the unaffected Talos, they provide a safe haven and light healing while the war against this virus wages on. Can you end the epidemic in time before its too late?

Xenu Nightmare Clinics:
    The Talos have become sick and have fully changed , these clinics are deterating and have become uninhabitable, except by the blood curling shadows that lurk in the dark. Be warey! The Loriens have found interest in the virus and have begun arming these clinics to prevent anyone else from getting too close. Bring plenty of antidotes and watch your back, the shadows are lurking.

Talon Clinics:
    These comfy rest stops are all thats left of the current Talos population in the vicinity, acting as safe houses they have protected the last line from viral threats and are on their last leg. The housing here provides medical aid and is a peacefull community, try not to mistake it for the Nightmare clinics!
    51ab1d11d1800afac876308e85c3611f.jpg

Nightmare Clinics have a Black color with Red Lights and armed

Talon Clinics are Red with white lights and have several First Aid signs on them

Moon Resets
    ==========

All moons have been reset, hopefully we nailed the ore bug this time, Next lunar wipe is TBA.

Planets
    ======

Due to time constraints I was not able to get planets out this week, Ive got a big project im working on so I will have to try again through this week and release the rest asap. Sorry for the wait!

Mordica
    ======

Mordica's glaciers have begun crashing into eachother, A local scientist had noticed deep within these glaciers were very strong amounts of crystaline Pentaxid. With the increse in pentaxid locals have been able to put dreams aside and prepare for long term cosmic transportation.

=========================

Thats it for this patch. Sorry for the wait and hope to see you guys in the game soon!

Cavadus and Krenios like this.
  8. Krenios

Krenios Commander

I have start to attack the academy, with a tank (great for test it lol), when i a m at the door of this POI, it is laggy (lag) for me. I saw a lot of people and light.

9. Krenios

Krenios Commander

Connected this night, and finally lost all my stuff on the old Lorient Planet.
    Can you modify the auto alert, for warning people, few day before wipe a planet ?

Anyway you already made a great stuff. :)

10. Vexray

Vexray Captain

I apologize for that Krenios, the steam group has been acting wierd recently. I tried to tell everyone way in advance when something gets reset and i thought i gave everyone enough time. How were the new POIs?

11. Krenios

Krenios Commander

I don't enter on it, but only clear one face, i let two red turret, without my tank, i can't attack it, you must be with 3 or 4 SV.
    I don't enter in, too lagy and late for me, i saw too many peoples, i don't have enought ammo.
    The wipe return me on Aeris planet ( i spawn a SV spare blueprint), but i don't know if i can go back now.

12. Vexray

Vexray Captain

Hey guys, since this has been a pretty big topic over the last few days I figured it was time to address this. Everyone is aware of the big 3.0 update coming but there is currently no set day as to "when" this will be happening.

What will happen to VG when 3.0 Hits?
    ============================
    Due to the complexity of 3.0, the content they are adding and the changes made to config files, we will be issuing a mandatory full wipe. This is not just our server, you can see for yourself this will happen to all servers as the coding changes will mandate it.

Im attempting to get the rest of the planets done as fast as I can for release, however there will be hiccups, this is to be expected, im a 1 man afterall.
    When these planets are done we will have all required necessary resources available to players on the new content.

Some planets will NOT be returning! Alot of my older custom planets are simply obsolete and will need removed from the game. This will also include the default vanilla planets (we have plans for these elsewhere)

Starter Planets will be slightly modified to fit the lore between Scarab and Lorien and will provide a good introduction into both factions

So wait, your removing Vanilla Planets?!
    =============================
    Not entirely, because vanilla planets are the official planets, we want to try to include them in some ways to allow the new configs to roll through. We have been thinking of using vanilla planets as a basis to our custom POI locations while we finish those, at the very least, you might find some familiar terirtory but maybe not familiar names.

What if I dont want to be Lorien or Scarab?
    ===============================
    This is perfectly fine! We encourage everyone to try to participate in any way they want, you do not have to be a pvper to join these nations, but for those of you who simply do not want involved at all, you can go independent and have free reign as a mercenary or trader!

So If I pick a side, what then?
    ======================
    When you choose between Lorien and Scarab, you will be able to use ANY vessel you wish, as long as it fits the theme of each of the races. The only requirement I have at this moment is that they be colored appropriately, Scarabs will never use blue, and Loriens will never use red, but both can use white and black. This helps keep confusion down and helps better asociate between the two. You can use your own blueprints, but I have a very large selection of both nation ships to chose from at your own discretion.

I will be modifying the stock blueprints for the server to include all lorien and scarab based vessels for ease of access, this will provide a good start for players wishing to get into the game and not have to search and hunt for machines.

Custom POIs
    ==========

I have been working in the background tirelessly to get custom content available to increase the value and playability of our server for endgame. This game lacks a good amount of difficulty and I aim to change that by providing increasingly more difficult locations to fight in both PVE and PVP settings. The Lorien Weapons Facility is a good example! Our long term goal is to be 100% fun and -10% boredom!

I like to make things, do you need help?
    =============================
    With the addition of planets, im also interested in seeing players various builds, I am going to start a contest soon, I will talk more about this time in the near future. I encourage everyone to get their creative nerves tingling because your work might be featured in our server!

Im also open to vessels and bases inspired by Lorien and Scarab. We have a few players now who have even risen to Rank 1 on workshop using Scarab and Lorien names. If you have an idea of a vessel or base and you think it would be a great fit, contact me! I have no problem endorsing players with creative talent and wanting to show it off!

Wipe Date: TBA
    ============
    The current status of 3.0 is still in development, once this goes to Experimental Branch we will know when to wipe, untill then, dont be discouraged to play and enjoy the game. Remember, this is an alpha and weve been going for over 3 months on this 1 save file; An incredible feat thats not taken lightly! The average server wipes between 1 month and 2 months, somtimes even weekly due to complexity. We try to avoid needless wiping and only do so when its absolutely necessary, this leads to a much more long term server and larger more expansive playerbase.

Thanks for your support!
    ==================
    I really appreciate everyone sticking with me during this, theres been alot of stuff going on and weve seen alot of faces come and go. I hope to see continued support in the future and new faces join us as we attempt to be the most unique server available. Scarabs and Lorien alike, we will prosper!

Krenios likes this.
  13. Bigfeet

Bigfeet Captain

Although my ping is rather on the high side on ur server, considering the level of generousity on your behalf and the amount of work you bring in, i personally feel atm you host one of the better servers out there. The willingness of sharing graces you unlike certain other server owner who just sell their additions for appaling prices 3 times the amount i've spend on the game itself PER MONTH...

All things considered i'm looking forward to the upcoming changes with a silent hope the screenshot fighting problem is being thoroughly adressed for smoother gameplay to increase the funfactor, resulting in ppl coming back for more. Then there only rests me to say :

[​IMG]

14. Vexray

Vexray Captain

server information updated on first post.

15. Dipi Evil

Dipi Evil Lieutenant

I know it´s a outdated post but can you explain how do you make the star map of the system?

Thanks!