Walking around on a moving ship - possible "solution"

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by spanj, Aug 23, 2021.

1. Murthy Bhavaraju

Murthy Bhavaraju Ensign

Walking in a moving ship is totally possible in unity. It is already happening in a way. The camera moves when the spaceship moves and it is quite independent of how the ship moves. In Unity the camera , like the character , is a game object. The player needs to become a child of the spaceship ,which will give the player the ability to move around.

It feels like Elyon is struggling to keep or hire developers. Things like crouching, and turning radius of the bike can be easily fixed. Also the third person controller feels very amateur.

Blackmadman likes this.
  2. Murthy Bhavaraju

Murthy Bhavaraju Ensign

If anyone here wondering , how walking in a moving ship can enhance the gameplay, here are my opinions:

1. The crew can repair critical systems while the ship is underattack
    2. Ability to get in SV's while ship is moving during combat and non-combat scenarios
    3. Induvidual players can land on top of enemy ships and try and hack ship's entraces or sabotage it (something like a pirate)
    4. Simulate escape protocols while the ship is moving
    5 . Get amazing vies
    6. Enable friendly AI (assuming there will be followers in future) to walk around in the ship

3. GATTO

GATTO Ensign

What the devs should do is implementing what ASTIC did with scripting by DEFAULT in the game.
    They should populate the galaxy with more than 3 faces.
    New UI (go i hate the ui when using a turret)
    A.I.
    A.I.
    A.I.
    A.I. NOTHING compels me into landing on a poi and getting in it to shoot the same goddamn things moving at me (sliding with an awful animation) shooting without missing a shot or while they're already dead.
    Exploration, give a reason to go on planets to actually find something rare.

so you see, walking on moving ships sounds kind of moronic.

If they don't start working on these things i have no idea for whom they're making this game.
    In such a small community is so easy to understand what the players are interested in (just check how many players prefers Reforged or any kind of modded scenario to Vanilla)

but no, should we go back on how ridiculous and absolutely useless was the "jiggly water" update?

Last edited: Jul 31, 2022
  4. The Big Brzezinski

The Big Brzezinski Captain

How would y'all feel about walking on moving ships, but not maneuvering ships? So long as the ship stays on a steady and easily machine-predictable vector, you can walk around. While the ship is changing course or direction, loose players get fixed in place relative to it. This would solve the problem of players getting tossed around by careless pilots like dice in a bar blender. Might also smooth out the position tracking, so people don't fall out of the ship. As often.