Added to game Warlord: Wastelanders City

Discussion in 'Showroom & Submissions' started by theScriptHD, Jun 16, 2021.

1. theScriptHD

theScriptHD Commander

A City Trading Station for the Wastelanders Faction that i'm trying to build.

Pretty much what the name says. It's a "city" with lots of Traders.
    Idea was (and it actually works) to give the player immersion, let him "explore" to find some of the traders. basically like in RPG's. :p

Size Class 18

! Important ! Because of the SC, it should only spawn as a rare spawn without anything nearby. Also, don't know how it would work with Warlord and Trading Stations, but i thought i should still post it here. :p

Blueprint Group Name: WastelandersCity

Traders:
    All your "standard" Traders and a few more

20210616054802_1.jpg 20210616054819_1.jpg 20210616054831_1.jpg 20210616054856_1.jpg 20210616054920_1.jpg 20210616055041_1.jpg 20210616055104_1.jpg 20210616055118_1.jpg 20210616055809_1.jpg

Changelog:
    - added teleporter because i forgot :p

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 17, 2021
  2. Fractalite

Fractalite Rear Admiral

Wow! Look at all of these!

Very nice work. I am going to go pester Hummel...

byo13 and Don2k7 like this.
  3. theScriptHD

theScriptHD Commander

Thank you!:)

yeah, i have been non-stop building the last few days..xD sometimes i get into it a bit too much and have to stop myself, otherwise the size class and the frames would explode..:p

byo13, [Redacted] and Fractalite like this.
  4. SacredGlade

SacredGlade Captain

Love the night time signs - really brings this settlement to life. would be nice if Eleon provide a "placeable" sound effect system as well. so you could have the jaz sounds in a bar, market traders shouting out to sell their wares etc possibly like the new placeable images/pictures?

byo13, [Redacted] and theScriptHD like this.
  5. theScriptHD

theScriptHD Commander

that would be cool! or maybe just a soundfile that has "city" sounds, like people talking and bla.

byo13 and [Redacted] like this.
  6. Jorgodan

Jorgodan Commander

Hello Script, I am very happy that the wastelanders are now their own faction and have found their way into the game with a home world. I visited and admired this planet and the many great POIs for the first time at the weekend (on the rentnertreff server). This city is of course the crowning glory of all POis, it has become really atmospheric. Nevertheless, I noticed 2 things that I would like to ask you to think about. On the one hand there are rooms that should actually be airtight and should have oxygen but should not. That would be e.g. the bar and 2 apartments in a container (not the big stone house) In both cases you built steel truss blocks into the outer wall without putting glass in front of it. But it massively destroys the immersion when many people walk around in the bar lightly dressed, but you suffocate yourself when you take off your helmet. That doesn't fit together at all. And the second is closely related to this. The home planet has no breathable atmosphere and is freezing cold. Nevertheless, people walk around outside in shirts and trousers as if they were in Hawaii on a summer vacation. I don't think that works either.
    At this point it might be very useful if Eleon could provide 2-3 NPCs that look similar to the player character. space suit and helmet. that shouldn't be that difficult, but would significantly enhance the immersion of settings like yours, where many POis don't create "atmospheric" spaces at all. If some of the established creative people from the inner circle address that at Eleon, it could be something. Otherwise, I'm happy about each of your imaginative POIs that make it into the game. Thank you for your work.