Weapons

Discussion in 'FAQ & Feedback' started by EleonGameStudios, Jun 26, 2015.

1. Cavadus

Cavadus Commander

Please remove the projectile(lol) travel time on the laser rifle and make it function like the laser rifles from Fallout 3 and 4. The thing is a huge downgrade from the pulse rifle.

PhiPhi, ArthurDent, Flermpick and 3 others like this.
  2. Tyrax Lightning

Tyrax Lightning Rear Admiral

Many including me feel that Laser Weapons should be Channeled Damage like the Mining Drill, except for use on Enemies instead of Ore, Terrain, & Meteors. *Has not played ANY Fallout Game*

3. Bigfeet

Bigfeet Captain

Don't know if it is mentioned along the 12 paged thread but i'd like to see some features as some zoom options on vessels' guns and perhaps a light on mounted gatlingguns for nightly hunting with an HV and such.

Tyrax Lightning likes this.
  4. geostar1024

geostar1024 Rear Admiral

There has been some talk elsewhere about the possibility of adding camera blocks (which would allow for zoom), or having upgrades on cockpits that unlock zoom features.

5. Frankyln

Frankyln Rear Admiral

Checkout the Cockpit and Weapon Augmentation of this post
    Suggestion: Block Augmentations

6. Mr. Badger

Mr. Badger Captain

First off: Minigun Jesus has disowned you.

Second: To explain Fallout lasers think of a single, solid beam of energy that emits for maybe 1/2 second per trigger pull. instead of the current "star wars blaster" style energy bolt.

7. Loden1111

Loden1111 Ensign

Not sure this belongs in "Weapons," but I would love to see binoculars included as a constructor item and a real magnification available with them and with scopes. Some of the longer range weapons have ranges that greatly exceed the ability to see a target, e.g. a turret or individual alien.

PhiPhi, Flermpick and Tyrax Lightning like this.
  8. medicineman

medicineman Captain

The weapons on my ships don't seem to be focused on the cross hairs. Instead they seem to all fire straight without any offset to compensate for the weapons position on the craft. This results in very inaccurate weapons especially for ground strafing beasties. The bullets are not landing where I have the crosshairs.

In a WW2 fighter the guns were on the wings. They were slightly pointed towards the nose to aim them at the crosshair position. I beleive it is called gun inclination. We need some gun inclination in this game.

PhiPhi, Flermpick and Loden1111 like this.
  9. Jaja

Jaja Ensign

Well, from playing the game for over 100 hours I feel like most weapons feels very identical to each other except explosive ones. In damage wise, despite the firing rate and range those weapons do similar damage.

Each different weapon should feel powerful but of course having disadvantages in same time!
    For example, if I was to choose between assault rifle or sniper rifle, I would rather choose an assault rifle and perhaps never use the sniper rifle ever because an assault rifle already has scope, no recoils, and I can kill the creature far away. Since this is alpha build, I can't really complain how there are no impactful recoils motions or something fancy yet. But I would like to see more characters in each weapon, making the combat much interesting in the future.
    Overall by looking at the weapons and movement mechanics the game feels like Tribes 2 + minecraft put together! I can't wait to see how interesting the combat would look in the future!

Last edited: May 24, 2016
  10. Zedd

Zedd Captain

+1

11. swhostettler

swhostettler Commander

Alien base weapons...... Something I have been noticing is that the alien weapons on bases seem to have much greater range (I was getting hit at 600 meters) that any other weapon and the firing rate is crazy high almost impossible to dodge. The other thing is that the alien base seems to be able to target you even when below ground and under water. Does not seem that there is any deflection from water it fires straight at you.

12. medicineman

medicineman Captain

Are you suggesting that they nerf the base weapons? I don't think they are hitting you at 600 meters by the way. Probably more like 350 or 400 but..

See they can't nerf the base weapons. Once you get a SV with some rail guns no turret in the game will ever be a problem for you again. Sure you might lose a block or two, maybe the occasional landing gear but for the most part turrets will no longer be able to hit you.

If they decrease the accuracy of the turrets or the speed of the bullets or anything like that then the already unbalanced SV vs BA fight will just get worse.

When I was playing and had problems with bases shooting me while I tried to get a mining node I would tunnel to the node and mine it that way. Bases can't hit you underground.

13. Tyrax Lightning

I prefer using HVs to assault Bases... but the HV Artillery Turret gets hit SO hard by the Atmosphere Density Attack Range Penalty... combo that with the Base Turrets only needing to snipe the HV Cockpit to end you... :(

On the other hand HVs can self defend vs Attacking Drones during your Base Raid if built for it... :)

14. medicineman

medicineman Captain

My HV's get rocked by the bases so far. Every time I've tried to take a base with an HV I either end up on foot or straight up dead in the cockpit.

My tactic now is I bring in a CV, land it near the base but out of turret range and shut down the engines so it has plenty of power to sit there and turret down my enemies. Then I launch my SV and take out the base turrets, then I dock my sv and jump into my HV to park it right up next to the base with turrets active while I loot the place.

I don't like to bring my CV's anywhere near an enemy base because the base reinforcements might get a lucky shot. I could probably dispense with the HV all together but losing a CV or taking damage to it of the wrong sort on a foreign planet could be lethal so I don't even risk it.

15. Shpiler

Shpiler Lieutenant

once there was a time, when turrets could kill SV, even in space, but now.. What did you do with turrets AI? Tracking speed is too low to aim at moving SV, some of turrets just don't fire, when the another one does. Minigun CV turret damage is too low to kill Tier 1 stock ship. Yesterday I lost about 100 turrets on my CV and a ship itself, killed by single SV with only 3 rail guns. He flew around , shooting me again and again, and got only few bullets, not enough even to crash a single block. All my defense of hundreds of turrets worth nothing now. Please,do something with it!

P.S. one more word for OP activation delay

16. PunkB

PunkB Ensign

As a test a put 24 minigun turrets on a CV , set them to auto attack "Alien" only, and took it to a fresh Alien NPC base. The turrets would attack Alien creatures, but not their Turrets. Their turrets had no such problem so they chewed it up. Is this how it's supposed to work?

Frigidman and Tyrax Lightning like this.
  17. woowoo

woowoo Captain

I'd like to see weapons included in the block system:

It'll need some rules on handle positions to get accurate animations.
    We could have shoulder, 1h/2h weapons.

I tried to make something looking like a gun with SV weapons and other parts to illustrate but the renders suck.
    If the dev team is able to code this, they won't have to make weapons, the community will.
    I could add barrels, magazines, scopes, anything, change color, textures...

ArthurDent likes this.
  18. Tyrax Lightning

The game "Planet Explorers" has that. If Empyrion tries to do that too, it might step on that game's toes a tad too hard & we might be in for a Can of Worms...

19. geostar1024

geostar1024 Rear Admiral

Frankly, Planet Explorer's weapon crafting system is pretty terrible. I'd rather see something along the lines of StarMade's system, where you have some number of weapons computers (abstraction of control, ammo handling, zoom, etc) connected to some number of barrel components (abstraction of range, damage, accuracy, etc.), plus armor blocks to add HP and armor points (more applicable to turrets than handheld weapons, perhaps). Custom weapons could be built off of starter blocks in the same way as bases and vessels now; you'd need a Handheld Weapon Starter Block, a Vessel Weapon Starter Block, and a Turret Starter Block. Computers and barrels would each be a block category, with appropriate components: for computers, you'd have Ammo Capacity, Reload Rate, Fire Rate, Capacitor, and Accuracy blocks, and for barrels, you'd have Cannon, Laser, Plasma, Missile, and Rail Gun blocks. With this set of materials, one could build just about any weapon (spinning barrels excluded, unless that could be made a barrel block as well). For performance and simplicity, you'd probably want to merge the blocks into a single mesh with a single HP and armor point value (as well as energy consumption), and not allow further editing once the weapon is fully constructed (and thus placeable/equipable).

Perhaps a weapons stand would be a useful block to have for BA/CV, so that the starter block could be placed "floating" in midair for ease of construction. Also, one could have custom mining weapons simply by adding in a Mining Laser barrel block.

As an added bonus, Eleon could use this system themselves to make ridiculously powerful turrets for high-level bases.

Also, on an unrelated note, auto converging of multiple weapons to the object under the crosshair is really really needed (and really shouldn't be hard to do, considering that the game already computes the range to target for you, for handheld weapons at least).

20. Tyrax Lightning

Like the sound of this, though I think further Editing could be allowed on a Weapon IF it was placed back into the Device that allows ya to do this function, not anywhere outside of it. One would not just open up a Device like that just anywhere without the needed Tools the Station would provide & expect that to end pretty after all, unless their name was Roger Wilco perhaps. :p

*Imagines how epic it'd be if I could Craft a Minigun with 4 Barrels... :p*