Weapons

Discussion in 'FAQ & Feedback' started by EleonGameStudios, Jun 26, 2015.

1. Darthvader

Darthvader Lieutenant

What i would add is are Homingmissles
    Or a lock on effect for rocket launchers for exsample my SV has 9 Rocket launchers but i just cant hit a Laser drone that is directly flying at me

Last edited: Aug 14, 2015
    The Blue Thunder likes this.
  2. The Blue Thunder

The Blue Thunder Lieutenant

Like the suggestion I made for weapon combo for ships and players. Link is here, it might help add more cool weapons to the game
    http://empyriononline.com/threads/custom-built-weapons-for-player-and-for-ship.1055/
    I really don't like simple weapons that can't be engineered or optimized by the player. But it works but needs more and MORE! xD

Edit: Oh yeah to defend yourself from lock-on and heat seekers, turrets should have an option to set it as point defense to fire down missiles.

3. Duckroll

Duckroll Lieutenant

I think that decent weapons are too easy to find and make, the pistol is obsolete almost in the first 10 minutes of the game because you can make an assault rifle right away. The large ship tends to have every weapon in it too.

The ground vehicle mounted gatling guns by comparison are awful and you can't adjust the height of them making it near impossible to hit targets. They also feel about the same strength as the assault rifle.

Morkar likes this.
  4. Eviscerator

Eviscerator Commander

I disagree, the pistol is supposed to be a sidearm and/or backup weapon, not a primary gun. It's meant to keep you alive initially while you build an assault rifle. I would suggest tweaking the resource requirements to craft it though, and making it less..erm..common loot.

5. 大Dong

大Dong Lieutenant

gatling gun and pulse laser icon on the right hand side bar have some problem. Hope you can fix it

6. CapitanSurrender

CapitanSurrender Ensign

There's a major bug with Laser Rifle. It doesn't shoot in first person view but works fine in 3rd person view.

Please fix this ASAP cuz that's my favourite weapon.

Iron sights for weapons, please.

7. CapitanSurrender

CapitanSurrender Ensign

Besides, make it possible to deconstruct found weapons. I have a cargo box full of pistols, shotguns and rifles.

Rannoc McMaulin and Morkar like this.
  8. CapitanSurrender

CapitanSurrender Ensign

25 rounds for Pulse Rifle is not enough. Make it 35 please. Or design a weapons upgrade system where I can craft an Extended clip for the pulse Rifle.

By the way.... Pulse Rifle using the same ammo that Assault Rifle? Feels wrong...

9. Kaeser

Kaeser Rear Admiral

My thoughts on the current weapon system.

Iron sights for unscoped weapons are a must I agree, on the other hand scopes for manned turrets would also be great, and the movement could also be improved seems a bit erratic at the moment.

More turret varieties for bases would also be a plus as well as turrets for Small Vessels.

As for improvements, the delay when changing weapons on vessels as already mentioned before should be corrected and the weapons should be grouped by type on the vessels HUD, this would correct the issue of only firing some of the weapons because only 9 fit on the HUD.

When F9 is on, (no HUD) scopes are offset and aiming is impossible…

10. beats

beats Ensign

please fix the rocket launcher for small vessels. when shooting while flying you might hit yourself, the position of the launched rocket and position of the ship is not synced / lagged. and yesterday i had a strange bug after my rocket launchers destroyed their self, they were gone but still shooting around 20 meter above the vessel.

Morkar likes this.
  11. Toji

Toji Ensign

The current weapons are kinda meh. As in nothing stands out for different fighting styles. The pulse laser is worthless IMO. I did a write up on an overhaul for all the small vessel weapons in the suggestions page that I think will make them very balanced but also much more specialized to different types of fights.

HeadHunter likes this.
  12. Tako

Tako Lieutenant

Most of the issues with weapons has been mentioned in the above posts, but I cannot stress enough on the fact that we realllyyyy need melee weapons. The fact that if we have no ammo, even the smallest of creatures can kill me is annoying.

13. Kaeser

Kaeser Rear Admiral

Mate…. are you suggesting we should go against one of those things with a swiss knife?!?... :eek:

Damn bugs larvae things take two clips to go down…..

But I totally back up this and in addition to that a weapons rebalance would probably be in order as well.

It’s probably in the pipeline but here’s my view on the current weapons,

Player weapons seem great but a rebalance would probably be welcomed, energy weapons are overly expensive for the firepower they deliver, contrary to this onboard weapons seem rather cheap and in addition all projectile weapons should need ammo, that is, rocket launchers gatling guns and railguns should need ammo and a way to feed that ammo to the weapon, preferably with conveyors from containers, on the other hand energy weapons like pulse and plasma should draw from the vessel power but should be less effective, the same should apply to turrets and sentry gun.

Another option to the melee would be the already mentioned suit upgrades like a built in energy weapon

Last edited: Sep 1, 2015
  14. Tako

Tako Lieutenant

Oh god no... from all things a swiss knife lol.... I'm thinking more of a blade like a machete, or a techno-blade-katana-whatchawannacallit :p.

But dam no swiss knife!

15. Eviscerator

Eviscerator Commander

Buttstroke with the rifle, pistolwhip with the pistol, clubbing them with the drill.

I'm still not sold on that matter-devouring drill doing no damage to native fauna.

16. Grunanca

Grunanca Lieutenant

The auto weapons for gv are bugged bad. They aim and shoot at anything, which is fine. Unfortunately the ship they are mounted is free game. Pls make those towers only shoot if they are not hitting the vehicle. Its retarded to see one gun kill the other.. Also the feeling of sitting in a cockpit you miniguns are hammering away at sucks...

17. Anatoly

Anatoly Ensign

Why tier 2 rifles have not flashlights? Colored sight impressive but do not light the way.
    (by the way it can illuminate the target as imager too)

Krenios likes this.
  18. Kaloriaa

Kaloriaa Commander

Melee weapons could be Sword, Axe, Spear or some polearm, Club, Mace.. Etc. But honestly how would melee work here you could only kill wildlife with it anything else just has a gun or turret to shoot at you with out of melee range. And basically a simple Tier 2 Shotgun works very well close quarters. And anything else a simple AR to fill in the gap the T2 shotgun can't reach.

Just not enough incentive to add melee weapons when we got guns. Bringing a knife to a gun fight will make you lose fast.

Eviscerator and HeadHunter like this.
  19. Eviscerator

Eviscerator Commander

Agreed. Having a melee weapon like a knife or an axe for 'emergency' use would be nifty flavor, and arguably of more utility than the starter pistol...

But without trees to cut down like most survival games, it does seem kind of pointless, doesn't it?

20. Anatoly

Anatoly Ensign

if there are dinosaurs is better to have a spear than a knife