Weapons

Discussion in 'FAQ & Feedback' started by EleonGameStudios, Jun 26, 2015.

1. Alo

Alo Captain

Very minor "issue" with (handheld) rocket launchers

Say I fire 1 rocket, hit my target and choose to reload so my rocket launcher is fully loaded next time I need it. Only 1 rocket gets taken from my inventory and put into my rocket launchers (as intended). The rocket launcher goes through the full reloading sequence though so I literally hear my character slide 5-6 rockets in there, while in reality, it's only one.

2. LiftPizzas

LiftPizzas Rear Admiral

And it takes the same amount of time (like an hour) whether you load one rocket or five.

3. Alo

Alo Captain

Errrr yeah. That was kinda the point of my half arsed post.

Thank you!

4. Nova Scorpion

Nova Scorpion Lieutenant

This is the same with the tier1 and teir 2 shotgun right?

5. Alo

Alo Captain

Dunno; don't use a shotgun but feel free to test it out and report your findings here :)

6. Sledgehamma

Sledgehamma Ensign

T2 Shotgun is wayyy OP. I can destroy a single metal hull block in one shot. This made raiding the mining complex a simple task. Laser Rifle could use a boost, it shouldn't take 4 shots to kill a slime or worm. Also, it is possible to have the laser pass through the target rather than make an explosion sound upon damaging?

7. Eviscerator

Eviscerator Commander

T2 shotgun seems fine to me. I mean, it only has a 20-30 meter range. Don't forget these blocks are just hollow cubes of iron. Not bulletproof by a long shot. I'll wait until more block types are in game with better durability or armor ratings before I complain too much about balance.

8. Slam Jones

Slam Jones Rear Admiral

I can confirm that shotguns go through their full reload cycle (sound of 4 shells being loaded in succession), even if you are only reloading one shell.

9. Brain_Dawgs

Brain_Dawgs Ensign

I'm not sure if weapons on ships falls into this thread, but I'll post this anyway:

Weapons on small ships need to have their fire converge on the cross-hairs wherever they're placed on the ship. It's stupid when you place a few chain guns on your wings only to have them not hit anything when your enemy is in your sights.

Eviscerator and MechPilot524 like this.
  10. LiftPizzas

LiftPizzas Rear Admiral

Agreed! Also ship weapons should shoot at where the crosshair is pointing at the moment they are fired. (Simply put, stop adding ship momentum to projectile momentum. Even 20th century military vehicles had the technology to deal with that.)

11. Vorg

Vorg Lieutenant

Weapons with scopes have a range to target at the dot. That could be added to the ships and be the convergence point for weapons. Granted it might take a fraction of a second or so for weapons to focus when moving the target across things as teh distance to target would then change quickly.

12. piddlefoot

piddlefoot Rear Admiral

This is because theres only one sound file for the gun reload action, so its using it until they create a new sound file appropriate for a single load.

13. vilhelm

vilhelm Lieutenant

Current weapon system should be re-balanced:
    - You are able to out range any enemy turret defense in BA just using SV with rocket launcher.
    - Also using snipe rifle it is easy to destroy everything from safe range
    It is offline raiding issue.

14. Alo

Alo Captain

This shouldn't be possible anymore since patch 5.0. Have you tested this after the release of this patch?

Sniper-rifle is intended to have a very long range. Eventually I'm sure the devs will balance out weapons. I foresee that sniper-rifles will keep a long range but severely reduced damage on structures so taking down a base with a sniper rifle won't be an actual option (unless you want to spend several hours shooting turrets from a distance)

15. vilhelm

vilhelm Lieutenant

Yes you can take any turret type down being out of range for example using rocket launcher on SV and they don't shot you back.

No matter how many turrets you put in your base and what defense shape you use I can take them down without a fight from ship which contains only 10 blocks to be built.

16. Alo

Alo Captain

I didn't ask how you could do it. I asked if this is still possible since patch 5.0 ;)

17. vilhelm

vilhelm Lieutenant

Yes even playing patch 5.0.2

18. Alo

Alo Captain

Roger that. At what range can you hit turrets without turrets firing at you?

Also, do you shoot the rockets in a straight line or do you let them arc? (Arc = aiming above target so rocket flies up and then down onto target)

19. vilhelm

vilhelm Lieutenant

320m and BA dont shoot to me on a planet. Yes small arc.

20. Eviscerator

Eviscerator Commander

Sorry man, but 12.7mm is an anti-materiel caliber, it's specifically designed to disable vehicles and equipment from extreme range irl. It being overkill on human-sized targets is just a nice bonus. I don't see the sniper getting nerfed at any point so much as other weapons being more effective at the cost of decreased range like the...well, the rocket launcher already does that.