What did you do in Empyrion today?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Slam Jones, Oct 17, 2015.

1. Robot Shark

Robot Shark Rear Admiral

Updated on old blueprint using 4.0 assets.

images.akamai.steamusercontent.com.jpg

2. Tyrax Lightning

Tyrax Lightning Rear Admiral

Wow, ya Micro Build a hell of a lot better then I can. :)

3. Robot Shark

Robot Shark Rear Admiral

That's not my smallest SV, I have one I made a long time ago that was not very popular.
    I always wondered why, I thought it was a good design.

Micro Lancer

previewfile_732175057.jpg

banksman45 and Tyrax Lightning like this.
  4. Siege Inc.

Siege Inc. Rear Admiral

Played a bit more of my survival game today. I decided to go ahead and build my base underground. It's equidistant from three different resource nodes with tunnels branching off to each. There's copper and magnesium close by although I don't have tunnels to them yet since they're a bit further out. I built an elevator up to the surface that ends in a small HV garage with a couple cannon turrets on the roof. Once that was done I closed off the original entrance although the tunnel is still there since it goes to the iron node.

Then I decided to build an SV in creative mode(loosely based on the BSG Raptor). I'm going to need sathium and I can go hunt down those four drones in Akua orbit for shinies while I'm at it. I'm giving some thought to building my tank HV too so I can test it out against a POI. Might need to make some changes to the weapon loadout first though.

Tyrax Lightning and Slam Jones like this.
  5. Dinkelsen

Dinkelsen Captain

Never thought I could build hexagons in Empyrion, but here they are...

[​IMG]

This is going to be a fortress thingy, the outer hull is finally complete, but SI is giving me a hell of a hard time.

The Pharos Fortress is the planetside variant of the Pharos Defense Satellite (to be done...), and is dubbed the "Death Prism", although it is not exactly a prism but actually an octaeder. The fortress it is landed from orbit and can unfold within minutes to a structure that is capable of projecting the military might of the Pharos faction. Whenever there is trouble expected on a planet, these things come down first.

Edit: more background info

Last edited: Nov 4, 2016
  6. Gray

Gray Commander

reminds me of my very first transport SV I slapped together since I didn't find anything satisfactory in the workshop
    Bumblebee_comparison.jpg

flying was always kinda wonky, but it was meant as a pure transport anyway so no big deal. after 4.0 it handles like you emptied a bottle of wodka before taking off...

otoh you can always go full minimalistic
    weeeeeee.jpg

till I read that I wondered what the heck that texture was (hardly use SI myself so it's not a common sight).

banksman45 and Tyrax Lightning like this.
  7. Slam Jones

Slam Jones Rear Admiral

Continuing on my survival game, I finished building my CV (a Xorn Frigate) and then started stocking up extra supplies to take on my eventual journey. Deciding to get Akua to a more complete state before I left, I took the NightShade HV and cruised around the planet, finding the final resource nodes and doing a bit of mining. Eventually I found what I was really looking for... the Drone Base.

Deciding the NightShade needed a good challenge, I cruised in. You can see the results below:

After that, I headed back to the CV, loaded up everything from my base, put my SV and HVs aboard, built and attached a few CV turrets, and finally set off to look for Zascosium and Erestrum. I stopped first at Aestus, where I found a few small Gold deposits and, happily, an Erestrum deposit. I set the CV down in front of the node and hopped out to mine it on foot. A few minutes later, I was back onboard and headed up to orbit.

Checking my map, I decided to head to Oscutune to continue the search, and possibly replenish my stock of Pentaxid. I arrived with no issues, and pretty quickly realized there was no Erestrum or Zascosium there. I did, however, find an island with at least one of each type of present node, so I set the CV down to supply on Promethium and a few other resources. When I logged off, I put my character in one of the berths on the Xorn with a view of the outside.

[​IMG]

8. Tyrax Lightning

Let me guess, they whined that it looked 'like a little box'? Pfft. :rolleyes:

I think it looks adorable. Definite viable Scout Ship, & Hit & Runner. :D

That looks cool! To me it looks like a weaponized giant D&D Many Sided Dice! XD

That was some hilarious HV Dancing. XD

For the Topic: RL didn't let me do what I wanted to do tonight, so I had to settle for just checking out some of the new stuff & learning from Frigidman about how well Weapon Convergence now works & testing for myself & being pleased with the results. This will be sweet for my future Creations. :)

Robot Shark, Slam Jones and Dinkelsen like this.
  9. CmdrZin

CmdrZin Ensign

Finally laid out my first real base.
    [​IMG]
    Entry way.
    [​IMG]
    Some of the rooms.
    CommCenter
    [​IMG]
    KitchenLounge
    [​IMG]
    Observation Deck
    [​IMG]
    Alternate Entranceway
    [​IMG]
    Now, off to my first space station.

10. Fienyx

Fienyx Lieutenant

Been playing MP, and working on my first non-basic outpost/non-titan wreck base.
    Minions of Survival_2016-11-04_03-58-10.png
    the big black area is my greenhouse
    Minions of Survival_2016-11-04_04-13-34.png
    the white one is a clunky SV, and then 2 HVs
    Minions of Survival_2016-11-04_04-14-04.png

11. Wild_XIII

Wild_XIII Captain

Finally got round to collecting the 71000 iron ingots needed for my CV... and the 22000 sathium. Was a bit of a slog but the autominers helped massively! Funny really, the only thing that was holding back the construction for me last night was the fact I had no corn to make the plastic raw material!

In the end I went into creative mode and just removed all the stuff that used it!

12. Frigidman

Frigidman Rear Admiral

Tyrax Lightning likes this.
  13. Tyrax Lightning

To be fair, 'highly armored' can refer to the Cockpit. That particular Cockpit is the highest HP Cockpit of all the HV/SV Cockpits. :p

For the Topic: I managed to get a bit more work done on my Alien POI Contest Entry trying to get it more & more complete bit by bit till it's done & can be Submitted. Also FINALLY decided what to Name it & was able to retire its Temporary Name & replace it with its Final one. :)

14. Frigidman

Frigidman Rear Admiral

Better not have been "The Galactic Rambo Compound"....

15. Slam Jones

Slam Jones Rear Admiral

IMO (and take it with a grain of salt of course), the Mini Lancer just doesn't have as much personality as the other SV.

The top SV has a bit of personality from the wings and the front end. The back end is a little boxy, but the rest makes up for it.

Perhaps the Mini Lancer could use some wings or something? Not sure how to accurately describe it, but the top SV seems dynamic, while the Mini Lancer seems... I dunno... this is gonna be a weird word for it, but it seems 'flat'. Not saying that it's not tall or anything, just that it doesn't really pop the way the other one does. :)

16. Siege Inc.

Siege Inc. Rear Admiral

Trying to decide what color to paint my latest SV. I wish we had more options. I'd love to have a copper or bronze color to use on it.

And apparently you can use the texture tool on the new wings.

It looks a bit like a lego toy that was never finished. It has all this stuff going on up front and this very plain back end. I know it's a micro design so it's not supposed to have lots of stuff and building smaller designs is difficult because of the restrictions but it looks like it could use a little something on the back end. Maybe some little wings or something.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2016
  17. Slipstream

Slipstream Captain

Our group up and moved from Omicron (start) to Akua. Our CV builder (we try and divide tasks up) made the HMS Fugly, a really awful, but cheap, intra-system CV. Then, we added a bunch of cargo boxes on it, and hopped over.

We had landed on Akua, earlier, and taken the orbital station, and landed conveniently near the mid-wreckage of the MV Titan. We've activated that with a core, as well as replaced the core on the orbital. Bringing one of the Advanced Constructors down to the planet, we are now set for tonight's round of adventure!

Tyrax Lightning, Slam Jones and Kieve like this.
  18. Tyrax Lightning

Nope. When I said I wanted to consider naming something "Galactic Rambo" in the future I was thinking along the lines of a future Combat Vehicle. :D

Edit: Oh, while I have your attention: Is it just me or is Weapon Convergence also affecting Spotlights... I'd swear my Spotlights from my Spotlight Ship used to light up a larger swath of area before... or maybe just the effects of all these Lighting Tweaks? :confused:

I'd love a Silver Color! :)

Also, ya could Texture the first 3 Wings too. I did so on my Tyrax Dragonfly's Wings. First ever time for me finding a Design Use for the Combat Steel Texture I liked. :D (In combo with Light Grey.)

Last edited: Nov 5, 2016
  19. Kieve

Kieve Rear Admiral

This is what's bugging the hell out of me since the 4.0 texture-update. That base steel / hull texture used to give a lovely copper/bronze color with light brown. Light gray was a good silver color. Light yellow was gold... you get the idea. Now they're oversaturated and the effect is lost.

20. Siege Inc.

Siege Inc. Rear Admiral

Yeah me too. I'm hoping they plan on adding more colors at some point.

Tyrax Lightning and vicomt like this.