What did you do in Empyrion today?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Slam Jones, Oct 17, 2015.

1. Love Is Flash

Love Is Flash Captain

not for me to teach you to play the EGS =)))
    BUT bureal chambers, there you will find many seeds.
    There are also seeds at the excavation site.
    Well, the Papuans of this universe ... the truth is always laziness for me, I just collect what I can, then I just buy the rest from the Polaris:);)
    I described my current adventures above ...
    Read, laugh =)
    Must add energy to the game:)

Germanicus likes this.
  2. Germanicus

Germanicus Rear Admiral

Does the Quote "There is not enough life on this Ice Cube to fill a Space Cruiser!" ring a bell;):D
    Its a Hoth-like Planet, large tiny bits of Ore, some Zirax - which are Friends but not really helpful - Talon, who sell Seeds too and a few Polaris. Trading is my first thing. Shooting starts eventually later.:p.

3. Pach

Pach Rear Admiral

Sorry to hear about your Mom. Will pray for her continued convalescence.

4. zertali

zertali Captain

Not a bad idea; will try it out and see how it looks. It is definitely a work in progress, so basically everything is just a rough draft at this point.

5. Booyaah

Booyaah Captain

Finally updated and made some new base blueprints for A12 and spawned them on the MP server. Looking pretty good so far
    [​IMG]

The left one is a factory, and the right tall one is just a warehouse with cargo boxes, funny how I could replicate that functionality in a small SV pre mass/vol.
    [​IMG]

I need to update the block lettering to steel I guess. Concrete ones aren't lighting up properly.
    [​IMG]

Love the armored windows, so clean
    [​IMG]

Inside farm window look
    [​IMG]

Behold the elevator of bling
    [​IMG]

Just chilling at the top of the spire
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 14, 2020
  6. zertali

zertali Captain

A little more sleek than before. Also modified a few other details as well. Still tweaking it here and there,...

upload_2020-7-13_22-14-7.png

TRX, Robot Shark, freejack and 4 others like this.
  7. Sephrajin

Sephrajin Rear Admiral

The new angled wings are great!

dpburke2 likes this.
  8. Bigtoad

Bigtoad Commander

I'm having the same problem in my vanilla game. Outside my starter system, I haven't found a single abandoned POI, nor a single Xirax ground base. I've checked every planet in eight different star systems so far. I love the wide open universe, but... where are the Legacy and Xirax factions hiding?

Edit: Hah! Immediately after I posted that, I jumped to a new system, and it's crawling with Xirax. Now if i could just find more Legacy abandoned POI.

dpburke2 and Germanicus like this.
  9. elmo

elmo Captain

Sorry to hear about your mum. Hoping she gets better soon.

10. Germanicus

Germanicus Rear Admiral

Thank you.
    I hope so too. I'm going to visit here today.

11. agal59

agal59 Lieutenant

I started the Robinson Protocol. And, one night I found a damaged HV. What luck. I got a lot of metal, electronics, etc. off of it. Farther into the protocol I discover I'm supposed to repair that HV and use it for transportation. Groan....

Wellingtoon, Fractalite, Pach and 5 others like this.
  12. dpburke2

dpburke2 Captain

Made a slight mod to my T2 SV. Trimmed the wings so it could fit in the hangar. Tight fit but it works. In the process I discovered that I missed two elements of my BA during my creative work on it. I did basic lighting throughout the BA except the hangars. And although I included motion sensors so that the doors can work with SV/HV, it seems I forgot to connect the signals on that so I need to fix the automatic doors too.

A12 Creative_2020-07-14_09-29-18.png

13. Love Is Flash

Love Is Flash Captain

Today I flew ... flew .... flew .... flew and flew many more =)))
    Thanks to Ravien for this =)
    upload_2020-7-14_21-39-22.png
    upload_2020-7-14_22-55-55.png

TRX, dpburke2, Robot Shark and 2 others like this.
  14. Trump

Trump Commander

I mix and match.
    My SVs only have an ammo controller and single cargo.
    T1 base has an old style ammo box as it's only cargo
    t1/t2 hvs use ore controller and separate old style ammo box(if needed)
    t4 hv (tank) uses just an ammo controller.
    t1/t2 cvs use ammo controller only
    Late game bases and cvs have a dedicated ore container and constructors/furnaces that forge into ingots which go into a main storage, dedicated ammo constructors make ammo and output to ammo. I have several small constructors that input/output to main and make parts. Usually just one advanced that input/outputs to main storage. I use a separate old style cargo box for guns/mutlitools, etc.

dpburke2 likes this.
  15. Bigtoad

Bigtoad Commander

Put together my first built-from-scratch SV in a few versions. Here it is before skinning - every block in there is functional. I've taken to tunneling in to drone bases to take the shield down in peace, so I made this one long and skinny. That means I'm not going to add wings, and it'll basically be an ugly spike. Oh well.

I added a T3 CPU after this pic. First time I've messed with that. One ton for a T3 CPU? Seriously? Is my ship being run by ENIAC or something? 20200714140242_1.jpg

dpburke2, icky and Kassonnade like this.
  16. Robot Shark

Robot Shark Rear Admiral

I found this video on YouTube the other day, I plan to take a trip tonight and check it out for myself.

17. Fractalite

Fractalite Rear Admiral

Marching menacing murderous mayhem mechanical manufacturing:

20200714224859_1.jpg
    (an Abyssal Dungeon for Project Eden)

18. icky

icky Lieutenant

started a playthrough a couple days ago, today i hit that wall where i have a decent cv and lots of stuff and dont really feel compelled or motivated to continue. i kinda already know whats out there. i landed on a "very large" desert planet which turned out to have nothing on it but a couple small pirate structures. i parked next to an "excavation site" and didnt really see the point in looting it. so i took off my epic armor, put all my meds, tools, and guns in the ship, and walked off into the sunset.

19. EternalHeathen

EternalHeathen Captain

Today I scrapped the dumpster fire that was very shortly known as Strongarm, and built this unyet named normal sv for Reforged Eden. NewGame_11_2020-07-14_22-32-51.png NewGame_11_2020-07-14_22-33-00.png
    It needs way more up/down thrust. Somehow. So tomorrow I'll find out if i can scrap hv extenders to tweak out some more cpu for this thing. Possibly find a better spot for the fridge. Haven't built solely in survival for a while, so this took forever.

I wish I could place some crew(or sexy dancing ladies) on my sv's. They're helping a bit around the base.

On another note, given that form follows function, does anyone have any ideas they want to share as a jump point for an assymetrical sv? I'm having a hell of a time trying to think of any function that would need such a design.

20. TRX

TRX Commander

Sorry to hear about your mom. Hope she is doing better !!! :)

Been quiet lately, started Project Eden with a friend (first time for me). Decided my little CV's weren't up-to-snuff for the big bad universe ... sooooooooo ... I started yet another CV in creative. Currently Class 4 (wasn't intending on building this big, but hey, who's complaining). Just a few shots for your late night/early morning/mid-afternoon enjoyment (where ever you are). Now to go convince the Zirax that I REALLY REALLY NEED their minerals for my new toy ... ;)

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 15, 2020