What did you do in Empyrion today?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Slam Jones, Oct 17, 2015.

1. Germanicus

Germanicus Rear Admiral

Yes, those Desert Planets with such a Water filled Crater have been always my first Choice for a real Home Base;):D
    X.Gemina_2019-03-17_00-06-26.png

2. Track Driver

Track Driver Rear Admiral

PROJECT EAGLE

For the past month or more, I've been working on my Eagle Transporter. A couple of years ago, I displayed my interpretation of the iconic ship from Space: 1999.
    2018-03-18 (5).png

More recently, I revised my design to emulate the modular capabilities of the Eagle as shown below:
    fb49878a2b19808a5cae30e0d9f46f8c (1).jpg
    fb49878a2b19808a5cae30e0d9f46f8c (1).jpg 2019-11-23.png 2019-11-19 (8).png

But now, after re-watching episodes, studying photos and the Alpha MoonBase Technical Notebook,
    20180318_131859.jpg

I decided to try a more correct replication. First, the actual Eagle fro m TV: 2020-09-03 (2).png
    Below, my current interpretation:
    2020-09-15 (21).png 2020-09-11 (2).png
    Dimensionally, it is fairly accurate, at least as far as I can make it. EGS has certain limitations that I am unable to circumvent. I have been working on a number of "utility pod" versions. Shown are the "Freight pod" and the red & white "Rescue pod". Additional pods are forthcoming. In a future post, I will show them as well as the interiors. I wish there were more options for interior decor/equipment for SV/HV as not all are fighters and scooters.
    Originally, the "Landing Pad" was just to be a set piece like a diorama. As I got into it, however, I started actually building a base, It wont look like "Alpha", but I hope to get the flavor of it.

Stay tuned.:cool:

3. Germanicus

Germanicus Rear Admiral

nick-macarty-ancient-outpost-nick-macarty.jpg

4. byo13

byo13 Captain

I've been friends with the Zirax for too long so I forgot how awesome it is to raid a POI. To strategically approach, study its defenses, take them down one by one with patience. Invade, kill, conquer and loot. That's been a fun day.

Now I need to revert my backed up save so I'm friends with them again and have some peace of mind. :D

Track Driver, dpburke2 and Germanicus like this.
  5. Track Driver

I take it that's an artist's rendering. Very nice.
    Though I've never seen it before, it bears a VERY slight resemblance to my w.i.p base. 2020-09-20 (1).png 2020-09-20 (2).png 2020-09-20 (3).png
    This is very, very much a work in progress, as ar the Eagles themselves.

6. Robot Shark

Robot Shark Rear Admiral

Today the two most annoying words I know popped into my head.
    "What if?"

So, based on the "What if" I reworked the front end of the Crow and removed the forward nacells.
    I think I like this front better and may replace the current model with this.

CV-Crow V2.jpg

Something else I noticed today, damn virus.

20200920170951_1.jpg

Last edited: Sep 21, 2020
  7. Germanicus

Germanicus Rear Admiral

Track Driver likes this.
  8. Track Driver

Germanicus and byo13 like this.
  9. Track Driver

It's everywhere! It's everywhere!

I mean "Don't panic."

Robot Shark and Germanicus like this.
  10. Fractalite

Fractalite Rear Admiral

Track Driver likes this.
  11. dpburke2

dpburke2 Captain

Lately, I have been helping my daughter with some of her firsts in creative. And in between helping her, I worked on some of my own creations as well.

12. ChumSickle

ChumSickle Captain

In the past week or so I deleted all of my old save games and started a fresh vanilla start on a swamp planet. I like the balance between danger and abundant resources that the swamp worlds offer. My starter world was/is awesome, two legacy "Abandoned" POIs within a few hundred meters of each other. I have learned enough on how to salvage/gather materials that getting a nice starter CV wasnt too much of an issue. Spent a night or two exploring some neutral worlds and raiding the "friendly" POIs before returning to the home planet to deal with the Legacy POIs. Hit the jackpot as far as epic weapons. Have an epic pistol/assault rifle/plasma rifle/ and laser rifle I believe it is. Found heavy armor in one...so well set as far as POI raiding for a while.

Spawned a very nice "end game" carrier, the Kamonohashi XS version (the standard version was just a bit too big). One of the issues I have with some "end game" CVs that people design is that they are absolutely amazing RP wise, but after a while are too clunky for a single player. Having swimming pools, restaurants, movie theaters, ect. is all cool, but effectively just fluff. Now...if they implemented a "contentment" dynamic to the game, they would be awesome. But the Kamonohashi, though large, has a pretty direct path from the bridge to the hangar bay.

I tested out my new ship destoying (coring) the Zirax Imarat cruiser in orbit. Didnt spend time looting it though, as I am lazy. Then went to do more resource gathering. But not paying attention, I ended up in Zirax space, so I figured I would really test out the new ship. Took out another cruiser, then landed on a Zirax held planet and have been going POI to POI and clearing them out. Havent found the same level of loot that I find in Legacy POIs, but have enjoyed seeing the different creations people have put in the game.

My "plan" is to continue pacifying this planet, and then set my eyes on one of two paths.

1. Find a nice ocean planet and build a home. I need somewhere to store my CVs and stuff. And I have never built a base from the top down. I always start small and add on which leads to some awkward looking modular situations.

2. Take on the legacy: I have never gone into legacy space, so I have no idea if the ship I have can handle the constant attacks, how those attacks come, and what Legacy planets look like. Will I find more "abandoned" POIs? or are they all barren wastelands of nothingness?

Wellingtoon, byo13, dpburke2 and 5 others like this.
  13. byo13

byo13 Captain

Invaded a legacy ancient construction in my starter planet that I've never seen before.
    Those creepy and screeching aliens almost gave me a heart attack.
    Never been so afraid - and as big fan of scifi horror - so satisfied with a gaming session.
    I was seeing stairs leading down I kept thinking to myself:

Do I want to go down there?
    Do I really want to go down there?

14. BigSnoopy

BigSnoopy Commander

Sounds like the temple or crematory with millions of spiders...

byo13 likes this.
  15. bluemax151

bluemax151 Captain

Went back to an Abandoned Factory I cored but hadn't cleared to collect some blocks and other miscellaneous items. Found a surprise waiting for me. Sometimes the NPC AI is better than we believe. I did the only sensible thing, rained death from above. Then I returned to the comfort and safety of my ad hoc base to gather more resources for my trip out of system. 20200923002220_1.jpg

Attached Files:

byo13, malrose1, Alhira_K and 3 others like this.
  16. Track Driver

I've experienced that very feeling many times. I don't know if "Plant monsters" are still a part of the game, but they had a blood-curdling cry that would really creep me out. As for POIs, the first time I started opening up an abandoned mine, I was set upon by a horde of fast, green zombie-like creatures.

I did not survive.:eek:

byo13, dpburke2 and Germanicus like this.
  17. jadefalcon

jadefalcon Captain

I remember a similar feeling on my first play through. Tunnelling into a mountain for a base with only a flash light, then the roars of approaching dinosaurs. Pants full.

18. Robot Shark

Robot Shark Rear Admiral

I decided to publish the "What if" as a separate build.
    Presenting V2 of the Crow.

Nutshell, raised the forward cockpit, removed the forward nacells, widened the hangar and expanded the storage capacity.
    Constructive feedback is always welcome.

20200923170852_1.jpg

Germanicus, byo13 and dpburke2 like this.
  19. byo13

byo13 Captain

I hear you. I've been infected by those pregnant aliens a few times and surrounded by scorpions.
    But the screams get to my nerves every time. And how the creatures suddenly run to me in unexpected situations whenever I think I found a safe spot.

malrose1, Track Driver and Germanicus like this.
  20. ChumSickle

ChumSickle Captain

When it comes to POIs, Vermillion seems to be the Stephen King of building...he has a "I want to lull these players into my beautifully crafted dungeon, it will smell of amazing loot and opportunity. And just when they feel confident in their endeavor, I am going to pin them in a corner and scare them to death. And when they fight their way out of that corner, they will find that it was a pleasant memory compared to the next corner I have in store for them. But, if they struggle on, they will be rewarded well for their efforts."