What did you do in Empyrion today?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Slam Jones, Oct 17, 2015.

1. Khazul

Khazul Rear Admiral

In solo, when you leave a playfield via a teleporter, the playfield is hibernated instantly with the result that the sensor signal to should have detected you leaving (when you teleported) never fires, so the power never gets switched off. The bug was noticed almost immediately when teleporters first appeared in experimental. They even made some comment about fixing it, but it seems it never happened.

So, best way to use the teleporter is to leave them empty of fuel and just stick a single basic fuel cell in when you jump. Also always carry a fuel cell with you to prevent you getting stranded at the other end as the chances are that due to this bug, it wont have any fuel either.

dpburke2 likes this.
  2. jadefalcon

jadefalcon Captain

3. That bug was supposed to be fixed already a few patches ago.
    If you notice differently then I would suggest filling out a new bug report on it

ravien_ff, Alhira_K and dpburke2 like this.
  4. bluemax151

bluemax151 Captain

dpburke2 likes this.
  5. jadefalcon

jadefalcon Captain

@bluemax151

Yeah, almost everything I do is in concrete.

bluemax151 likes this.
  6. ChumSickle

ChumSickle Captain

So, as I mentioned, I am taking a break from my Legacy Attack playthrough to go back and enjoy the early days of scrounging for survival.

I started on a swamp world, medium difficulty, with weight/volume/gear degradation on. Historically, I like swamp biomes because of the large amount of food/fuel options early on and there are usually enough creepy crawlies around to make being careful more important. The planet I was dropped on has only one "big" legacy POI, and just a few smaller ones, but the Zirax presence is pretty large. Id love to figure out the random number generator for how these are set.

I will say that I have learned more about the swamp biome this time, and am kinda impressed by how "easy" it has been as far as materials. The pole regions have enough sathium that I gathered nearly 1k ingots worth in just about an hour of meandering around, and cobalt is everywhere. There are also "fungal" areas that seem packed with neodymium rocks as well. This pretty much negated my need to get a warp capable SV to branch out in the starter system to seek materials. I am now just deciding on which shielded CV I want to start with. Erestrum, zascosium, pentaxid, and prometheum were easy to get from the Planetary Remnant. I also managed to find at least 2 gold deposits and a few gold rocks, so getting that first EVA boost wasnt an issue.

I have only attacked two small legacy POIs, the helix tower thing and the small building, and there were two submerged tanks and two broken engines on the planet.

So between the plentiful ores, good POI luck, and easily accessible food/fuel sources, this has been a pretty amazingly easy. I used to think the temperate biome was the easy one...but I have never seen as much neo/sathium so easily gathered. Granted, I wont be building a T4 super CV from popping rocks on the surface, but it has made me want to wait and see just how much ground ore I can gather. I am easily able to skip the "starter" CVs and move to a shielded T2 or so CV, so that will be nice.

bluemax151 and dpburke2 like this.
  7. Khazul

Khazul Rear Admiral

Swamp is my favourite start - lots to shoot at, levelling up is quick. Resources plentiful etc. Just the place is well - a swamp - fugly mud everywhere :)

Last edited: Oct 15, 2020
  8. Foofaspoon

Foofaspoon Commander

Well, finally finished and spawned in my new Tier 4 CV to a game. Really quite pleased with it, though I was going crazy towards the end with texturing! Decided I would put her on the Workshop, a first for me!

Introducing Peacemaker!

Attached Files:

Sup, ravien_ff, dpburke2 and 4 others like this.
  9. nanomatrix

nanomatrix Ensign

bluemax, Did you everfind the Bastion Core? I've cleaned up every Zirax base on the planet except that one. I assume it's somewhere in the Hot room but I've dug under the base and I can't see it from the bottom.

dpburke2 and bluemax151 like this.
  10. bluemax151

bluemax151 Captain

iirc it was at the base of the ladder which was somewhere I had placed an explosive to check but I guess I didn't place it precisely enough the 1st time. I had to place it between the floor and the wall the ladder is on.

dpburke2 likes this.
  11. Khazul

Khazul Rear Admiral

Looking from under it - you can just see top of core above the R of 'Forge' in the hole my tank made:
    20201015154300_1.jpg

My tunnelling tank letting rip
    20201015154228_1.jpg

12. Track Driver

Track Driver Rear Admiral

Interesting pic.
    Thanks for the acknowledgement. I hope like hell it works for you.

13. nanomatrix

nanomatrix Ensign

Khazul, That's a lethal piece of kit... lol

Germanicus and Khazul like this.
  14. nanomatrix

nanomatrix Ensign

bluemax, Thank You. My project today is to find that thing... lol

Update: That was ridiculously easy. I did it over a couple of times to try to avoid destroying everything.
    Apparently when you blow the block above the core, the core, containers, and a large chunk of the control room wall also turn to smoke. Anyway I now own the planet.
    Thanks guys.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2020
    dpburke2 likes this.
  15. Track Driver

I'vr had my own situation with lasers and plasma canons.
    I was tweaking one of my CVs involving the relocation of 1 plasma and 2 laser turrets. When I tried to reinstall the plasma turret, it wouldn't go. I see a red warning that I have "12 plasma turrets" but 10 is the max. I only had 3 and was trying to reinstall 1. I tried to install a laser turret instead, but I'm told I wave 12 laser turrets. I looked at "Statistics" and it showed 2 plasma turrets. I did, however, have 10 laser turrets. Are laser and plasma turrets now grouped together in max count? To my knowledge, it didn't used to be that way. In the end, I placed a flak turret.

Besides that, I was working on my Alpha Moon Base wannabe when something peculiar happened.
    I had created a vertical access door to my underground hangar out of a group of shutter doors activated by a motion sensor. It worked perfectly until yesterday. I approached the door in a loaded Eagle but the door would not open. When i got out of the cockpit seat, the opened but shut again as sooas I returned to the seat. It did this repeatedly. I tried with the pod dropped and it still didn't work. I tried a different Eagle with the same result. Then I tried my new Eagle Scout and it worked fine. Finally I tried a third Eagle that I had recently spawned.

It worked! With this in mind, I destroyed the other Eagles and re-spawned them. All are working fine.
    2020-10-15 (1).png 2020-10-15 (2).png 2020-10-15 (3).png 2020-10-15 (4).png

Have no idea what was wrong,:confused:

dpburke2 and bluemax151 like this.
  16. Khazul

Khazul Rear Admiral

Yes. As are mini gun and cannon, flak and rocket.

Germanicus likes this.
  17. Track Driver

Well that sucks!:mad:

Khazul likes this.
  18. IndigoWyrd

IndigoWyrd Rear Admiral

[​IMG]

While still a bit of a work-in-progress, I present the Type-G Mammoth. This SV, yes, SV, has seating for four, plus a pilot, 7500 units of basic cargo space, 7500 units of harvest space, three mining lasers, 6 mini-gun turrets, a pair of homing rocket launchers, and a shield generator, making it a very capable, warp-enabled mining, trading, and transport SV. Fully oxygenated, and equipped with a mobile constructor, you might forget you're in an SV.

Currently in stage-one testing, the results are extremely promising.

[​IMG]

Though somewhat ponderous in maneuvering, this is a surprisingly fast ship, even with a full cargo load. While combat-capable, you won't win any wars in this, though you can transport all the materials you may need, along with a commando squad to turn the tide of battle, or send pesky pirates looking for easier targets.

19. Track Driver

....and with no money down and easy monthly payments, this little beauty can get you where you want to go.
    So come on down ,,,,,oops, sorry...I got carried away there.:oops:

Very nice, really.:)

dpburke2, GoldDragon and Germanicus like this.
  20. Khazul

Khazul Rear Admiral

Yep - Ziraz were not happy...

Making a way in to the drone base :)
    20201015155655_1.jpg

After which, tunnelled back up to the surface to deal with the drones
    20201015160111_1.jpg

Found this guy stumbling around in the tunnels - think he was the sole survivor and obviously a bit shell shocked. Poor sod didnt notice me sneak up and plant a detpack at his feet :)
    20201015163257_1.jpg

Moral of the story - dont let some nutcase with a tunelling tank loose in your back yard :D

-

The tank is this thing: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1994820221

I think Eleon might have tweaked the drill radius since I made this thing as it used to be much easier to tunnel with, but now its a fiddly tight squeeze, so I might have to make a smaller mid game version.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2020