What did you do in Empyrion today?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Slam Jones, Oct 17, 2015.

1. Kassonnade

Kassonnade Rear Admiral

Just noodling (as usual) with decals now.

In the first picture, I am standing on the "parking" of a small space station, looking towards a platform placed on one of the "decals" at 1.06 km from my position. The "decals" are solid, and the 40 x 40 blocks platform is a "player base" while the space station to which belong the "decals" is "admin". The "player" platform is sinking halfway into the decal like it would be in the ground on a planet, but I could have placed it just on top since the decals appear to act like ground and support the structure (had to use page down to sink it a bit) :

NewGame_3_2020-12-08_12-50-59.png

View from high above :

NewGame_3_2020-12-08_12-51-44.png

Next "noodling" will be more refined, as I will use full textures and simulate a large solid, on and around/ under which I can then place several "real blocks" stations. This means that we can make huge POIs linked together (with fixed positions) as if they were one. I needed first to see if I could "merge" another blueprint with the first one's decals, and if decals were still "solid" past the 200 blocks limit.

And they are. :)

Last edited: Dec 8, 2020
    Love Is Flash, Dragon and Khazul like this.
  2. Dragon

Dragon Captain

Played some more survival last night and actually checked out the station services feature for the first time. What a great addition it is! Money plays a much bigger part, I actually buy ammo, fuel, O2 and pay for repairs more than I do it myself now, although it can be pretty expensive refitting a CV after a long battle.

It opens up another playstyle, making money and paying for stuff you need instead of mining and producing it yourself. I don't know all the best traders and milk routes yet but, I am making good profit as a pentaxid salesman. All we need now is a ship trader (if there's not one somewhere already) and some bulk traders (maybe out there already as well) to make a freelancer playstyle possible without ever having to touch a drill.

The more I play survival, the more new stuff I discover. A lot has changed since alpha 8, more than I initially thought. Maybe it's time to go explore the galaxy and see what else is out there.

3. Khazul

Khazul Rear Admiral

Last few days made a new mid game light combat CV and a new auto-miner service transport SV to further round out my new fleet.

The CV is a T3/L15 general purpose PvE exploration/light frigate type CV intended to take you up to L25 with spare CPU capacity for common upgrades at level 20 (rocket launchers, T2 repair bay and tool/drill turrets). It can take on Zirax destroyers and probably most POIs except legacy space or anything that does excessive shield damage. It is basically a smaller mid-game version of the Caelestis CV (now renamed to 'Thor').
    https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2315301932
    20201210154912_1.jpg
    The real headache with this thing is I have updated the way I do signals on these to make use of the landing gear signals and and now I want to incorporate that back into the other vessels which looks like a real pain! I wish you could bulk transfer them all by copying over the core or similar.

The SV is a 32k capacity armed (with dual homing rocket launchers) transport for servicing auto miners. It can be upgraded to T3 to add turrets and a shield and a warp drive if needed, though it is intended for local planetary operation.
    https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2313171037
    20201208165438_1.jpg

4. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

Been playing around with the new decal system on experimental.
    Here is the activation sequence for the ancient warp gate:

5. Kassonnade

Kassonnade Rear Admiral

"So coool" is just a weak word here. Nicely done.

I have to go to bed. I... just... can't !...

6. Dragon

Dragon Captain

I went into a bit of a mining frenzy yesterday, many an asteroid fell before the might of my CV mining drill. So now I have all my primary bases and ships up and running. One problem all the new bases and ships led to is that my energy consumption exceeded my promethium production (I use autominers for promethium, depletion turned off). Things were starting to shut down one after the other so, I opened another promethium mine and then had to buy fuel from the trade station and haul it back to all the bases to refuel them. Until the promethium mines could get back up to speed, all is good again now.

I also finished up and uploaded some more blueprints, mostly updated old BPs and some new stuff in between. I never actually shared a link so here you go, not the best creations though: https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198020159819/myworkshopfiles/?appid=383120

I still have an HV and some smaller BAs to upload. BAs is too expensive for their worth but, due to the lack of repair-to-template for BAs, it is my philosophy to make all BAs armoured and shielded no matter how small they are. It's all vanilla though. Sadly, the workshop has become quite divided between vanilla and modded compatibility but, anyone can grab and update BPs if they wish.

dpburke2 and Khazul like this.
  7. Khazul

Khazul Rear Admiral

Yes - getting annoying...

8. krosbonez

krosbonez Lieutenant

Today I finished (so I thought) recording some video to a basic starter SV build guide. And I learned that you should really check to make sure the audio is recording before spending a few hours going through the whole thing. I will try again another time when I get over the frustration.

Kassonnade and ravien_ff like this.
  9. Track Driver

Track Driver Rear Admiral

WOW!! Simply beautiful. Thanks for letting me see it. I would love to make my Project Eagle travel tubes do that.

dpburke2 and ravien_ff like this.
  10. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

Maybe a new workshop category like "requires mods" would help.
    More categories and filtering in general is needed anyway.

malrose1 likes this.
  11. malrose1

malrose1 Commander

Gob smackingly brilliant...!

12. Khazul

Khazul Rear Admiral

You can sort of do this anyway if the mod is a workshop item - you can set the mod as a dependency.

It would help if Eleon would support laying of configs across workshop mods especially now that PE has started changing all the configs as well which has force the need to merge on anyone who likes PE but want to run something other than RG with it.

13. Robot Shark

Robot Shark Rear Admiral

I was goofing around when a thought for a new type of roof docking area hit me.

I think it turned out fairly well, and it protects the ship docked on the roof.

20201211200257_1.jpg

20201211200218_1.jpg

14. Track Driver

It looks great, but is the ship actually docked ON the roof? It looks like it is passing thru a force-field to the area below. PLease correct me if I'm wrong. Old eyes, ya know.

Germanicus likes this.
  15. Robot Shark

Robot Shark Rear Admiral

I guess you can (technically) say it's not on the roof since it's underneath the forcefields. :rolleyes:

dpburke2 and Germanicus like this.
  16. Track Driver

Thank you! These days, I often need reassurance that what I see IS what I see. :cool:

dpburke2 and Germanicus like this.
  17. jepbindawernoch

jepbindawernoch Commander

---eng---
    I can't avoid writing this :(
    Yesterday I was on the road in my test scenario. I wanted to test the defense system of a small POI. What I didn't expect was that an end boss was hiding in the forest here. This grabbed my HV, lifted it up and let it rotate around him. I thought the Hulk was going on here. His marrow and leg went through my HV and me. My shields were of no use. They were also shot down from the nearby POI. I was able to break loose but then there was another fatal hit.
    Do these things have to be that strong? They used to always crumble when you flew or drove against them. That was good! Is this where the title of Ents, in Middle-earth, comes from? Has it been prescribed and abbreviated over the years? Did "End" become "Ent"? Well who knows o:

---de---
    Ich komm irgend wie nicht drum rum das hier zu schreiben :(
    Gestern war ich unterwegs in meinem Testscenario. Ich wollte die Verteidigungsanlage eines kleinen POIs testen. Womit ich nicht rechnete war, dass sich hier ein End-Boss im Wald versteckte. Dieser griff mein HV, hob es hoch und ließ es um sich rotieren. Ich dachte schon, der Hulk wäre hier los. Sein Mark und Bein gingen durch mein HV und mich durch. Meine Schilde nützten gar nichts. Zu dem wurden sie von dem nahen POI runter geschossen. Ich konnte mich lösen aber dann kam noch ein tödlicher Treffer.
    Müssen diese Dinger so stark sein? Früher sind die immer zerbröselt, wenn man dagegen geflogen oder gefahren ist. Das war doch gut!

Ob die Betitelung von Ents, in Mittelerde, daher rührt? So über die Jahre dann irgend wann verschrieben und abgekürzt? Wurde aus "End" also "Ent"? Naja wer weiß das schon o:

[​IMG]

18. Khazul

Khazul Rear Admiral

This is a major reason people hate HVs.

Trees are very glitchy (actually all collision is glitchy) and will remain so while the game engine continues to do it collision detection in the way it appears to. That said, even considering how it appears to do it, it is among the worst I have come across and even seems bad by unity game standards.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2020
    jepbindawernoch likes this.
  19. Track Driver

True enough!
    I just had my Travel Tube Shuttle get jammed at the end of the tube. I had to remove several blocks to free it even though there semmed little actual contact.

On a brighter note, I finally figured out video capture here!:D

I'll be posting some as soon as I figure out how to keep from getting carried away making them epic length features.:oops:

20. Dragon

Dragon Captain

Been messing around and noticed that I actually became neutral with the Zirax, probably from all the pirate bashing. Things are much more peaceful now and I like that the Zirax offer me station services as well now, or so it seems.

I've also traced back my steps from all my travels to clean up all the wreckage from past battles, couldn't do anything about disabled Zirax ships still floating around because I'm neutral with them now but, went around salvaging all the pirate ships I destroyed so that they can respawn. Cleaned up about 4-5 playfields and just thought frak it, I'm no galactic janitor.

I don't really know where to go from here, I'm having fun but I don't want to babysit the galaxy all the time. It should be able to take care of itself. Even if I do muster the patience to clean everything up, I'll just end up in the same situation after a few battles again.

Kinda stuck now.