What did you do in Empyrion today?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Slam Jones, Oct 17, 2015.

1. Slipstream

Slipstream Captain

The Fort Courage greenhaus extension is now full. Thanks to being joined by two faction-mates, we were able to make a major supply safari, hitting both Omicron and Akua. Hundreds of small medpaks later (and dozens of everything else), I'm still processing canned meat. But, we gathered MORE than enough fiber to plant all the remaining slots for growth plots, and now I have a full haus running. Probably going to have to tweak my crop rotation, but we'll see!

I'll have to totally replant if they use my new food system, which can be seen here: http://empyriononline.com/threads/food-system.455/page-13#post-79843

We now have all growables, I just need to build the botanical gardens for the four 'new' alien plants. Probably mix them in with fake potted plants, for variety. Lush!

The Skipjack continues to be a tremendous vehicle for us, did some adjustments to the cargo hold to install cargo fridges. Other crew have made moon runs and other supply runs, which means we have about 300 AU of of Pentaxid, and full cargo crates of nearly all metallic resources.

The Whirlwind passed her startrials, a few minor changes will be made based upon seeing how various impact points affected the internals of the ship, thanks to explosion shock. It was a ton of fun watching the ship exchange fire with alien bases.

I went back to my Civship designs, and made sure to dim all the lights down, given the new lighting paradigm.

Finally, the Twitch streaming test was a full success. Onwards!

Can=Am is looking toward the future!

--Brian

PS: Sneak peek at the control panel for the Whirlwind...

[​IMG]

Tyrax Lightning likes this.
  2. Kieve

Kieve Rear Admiral

Vanquisher is coming along nicely...
    Carmine V (1).jpg Carmine V (2).jpg
    At some point, I realized that current Survival limits only allow 4 fixed rocket-launcher tubes, and had to cut the wing down a little (from previous screens, you can see I'd intended six). No matter.
    I also paid a visit to the Space Moles orbital shipyard, seeking some guidance on installing the L/R thrusters... while ultimately I didn't run with oojimaflip & vicomt 's suggestion, they were still a big help getting me moving again. Also ended up leaving an unfinished Vanquisher in their yard, repainted in Space Mole colors, so perhaps there'll be a sister-ship to this one at some point, if they get bored between churning out jaw-dropping behemoths.

3. Slipstream

Slipstream Captain

It looks like an accordion. A glorious, mean, well-armed accordion. :D

Tyrax Lightning and Fractalite like this.
  4. Iskar

Iskar Commander

That's the exact same thing I thought, ha. What's a combat HV good for if it cannot be used as a mobile howitzer?

5. Siege Inc.

Siege Inc. Rear Admiral

Before I created the Falcon CV I made an empty shell to use as a template for other vessels based on the YT-1300 freighter hull. Feel free to use it to design your own ships if you like.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I did this because I had it in mind to make this:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Yep. That's the CR90 Corvette Blockade Runner engine pod and bridge bolted onto a YT-1300 hull. The best part is since it's not a replica I have the freedom to do whatever I want with it. =D

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 21, 2016
  6. oojimaflip

oojimaflip Captain

No no, Thank you!
    keep up the good work, new hv's are your best so far imo. ;)

7. oojimaflip

oojimaflip Captain

Just glad we could help unstick your brain. I'm kinda glad you didn't run with our suggestions and you spotted another solution, it gives me an opportunity to butcher remix your vanquisher!
    Drop in anytime old chum! :)

8. Slipstream

Slipstream Captain

It works well because the '90 was the original design for the Falcon! :D

9. Kieve

Kieve Rear Admiral

She's fast too, but that XL engine is an absolute pig on fuel, even in space. I honestly don't think this design would be viable without the new Fusion Cells, or just shutting off the XL unless needed for combat maneuvering.

Tyrax Lightning and Fractalite like this.
  10. Slipstream

Slipstream Captain

All my my designs now have control panel groupings for stationkeeping, maneuvering, and combat. :D

11. Neonin

Neonin Captain

Did a bit more work on the colony ship and while making the rear shuttle bay realised that once again I was working on something that I hadn't actually designed the SVs to go in yet. So, back to the old SE designs for the shuttle I originally designed:

thumb.png

Basic idea kept (six plus pilot passenger shuttle) but profile slightly changed and updated for much-cooler Empyrion:

t88.png

She's not uploaded yet as I still have a little work to do and I'm not keen on the texture problem with rounded blocks (I'll create a bug thread for that) plus I want to finish the mining, cargo, and military versions before I publish her.

12. banksman45

banksman45 Rear Admiral

Well I found out that it's possible to build a carrier that can hold a fleet of SVs and I'm talking about pretty big SVs.
    Here is my unfinished hangar bay in my carrier . I am going to add ceiling so I can build out the rest of the ship but you could fit 20 or more SVs and Hvs in this thing. It will fly but you have to keep it space of course . Hopefully I will finish it this year or next. Just imagine if this game was able to handle massive battles with carriers the size of this? It would be epic in my opinion.

Screenshot (85).png

Screenshot (87).png
    Screenshot (89).png

Robot Shark and Tyrax Lightning like this.
  13. Siege Inc.

Siege Inc. Rear Admiral

There are a whole bunch of different Corellian freighter variants people have made but I especially like the YG-4210
    [​IMG]

And the YT-1930.
    [​IMG]

I was thinking that the YG-4210's cockpit bolted onto the YT-1930's hull would look pretty spiffy. Anyways I threw the blueprint out there in case anyone feels like tackling one of the other many hull designs. Or you could make a flying saucer out of it or maybe even some totally off the wall design.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2016
    banksman45 and Tyrax Lightning like this.
  14. Tyrax Lightning

Tyrax Lightning Rear Admiral

Plus it's like a HV equivalent of a Tank Turret for a Hover War Tank, except non-Tanks get to hop in on the goodness too. Even a humble HV could consider Mounting one in case they encounter a Otyugh... & wanna 'feed it', if ya know what I mean. :p

Funny ya mention that... When i'm goin REAL big on my CVs, I favor the strategy of doin 4 XLs in each of the 6 Directions, then I feel I need no other Thrusters & can have some actual Freedom in my CV's actual Hull Shape & Design. I can always stick 100+ Fuel Tanks onto it too, it'll have the size. :p

Plus yeah, Fusion Cells are my new addition to my List of BFFs now! ^_^

Agreed. Texture Problems with Round & Slant & Corner Blocks is a big part of the reason the 'Steel Texture' is everyone's fav... those Texture Problems make nigh all the rest of them non-viable.

Ya know what would go great with this CV? SVs that could "Bat Park"... aka have their Landing Gear on their Top & Docked onto the Ceiling. :D (Or maybe Dock normally upside down instead could maybe work too.)

& of course for the Middle areas of the Walls, Butt Parking SVs. :p

banksman45 likes this.
  15. Parakiet

Parakiet Commander

Still enjoying Masperon :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Posting pics from alien planets and a little spaceship. Guess twice which other game I play occasional ;)

16. banksman45

banksman45 Rear Admiral

NOW THATS A GOOD IDEA. I've seen something like that on a few SCI FI movies where the Alien ship would have fighters docked in that way.

17. Scoob

Scoob Rear Admiral

I actually thought we'd be allowed to dock this way after the changes to landing gear a while back. I have tried placing landing gear on the roof and sides of SV#s and HV's hoping it could still clamp on to a CV, but it doesn't work sadly. Hopefully it's something that'll work one day.

On another note, I hope they add an "HV Clamp" for SV's, so we can carry our heavily armoured HV's into combat. I'd love to see SV's that are basically all engines that are just for carrying HV's. When the AI gains their own HV's and SV's it'll be a scary sight when they drop off artillery equipped HV's just out of range lol. It'd also be great for recovering disabled craft.

Scoob.

Tyrax Lightning and Siege Inc. like this.
  18. Scoob

Scoob Rear Admiral

Heh, my tweaked Akua start is proving to be interesting...

I've set up base in the remains of a Talon Village POI, with a mini-base (basically just a turret) near by to pull Drone Attacks. One of the tweaks I made this game is to ensure the valuable Titan Wreck sections are well protected, so the max of three drones with 100's of reinforcements. This change led to an interesting encounter moments ago. In my Minigun Turret equipped HV, I flew to the nearest Wreck section I'd discovered, which happens to be not so far from the drone base. I take out the three defending Rocket Drones quite quickly and three more are launched from the Drone Base immediately, and are attacking within a few seconds - yeah, I'm really that close to the DB!

I'm actually attempting to secure the Titan Wreck Section (rear bit in this case) but it's proving impossible with my current config. Sure, my HV can take down individual drones quickly, while I pilot it and dodge any attacks, but I cannot leave it parked while I loot the wreck with THREE Rocket Drones attacking at a time, they'd tear it up!

After killing a good 20+ Rocket Drones at the POI, I'm forced to retreat and rethink things a little! I need heavier HV weapons with a longer range to take those drones out before they become a threat. This however will mean they'll crash too close to the Drone Base for any chance at looting...ah well.

I may have to venture on foot to loot this section of the Titan Wreck, using the wreck superstructure for cover, those there's a chance of getting trapped and the local terrain doesn't lend its self to a speedy get away on the bike. Hmm, firepower it is then - I will return! lol.

Scoob.

19. banksman45

banksman45 Rear Admiral

Well "Bat Park" works. lol It's pretty cool to dock on the ceiling .
    Screenshot (92).png

20. Scoob

Scoob Rear Admiral

This us quite cool, however, I'd really like to docking pads on the roof of a craft to work . I had a vision of SV's and HV's docked under a "wing" of a CV, with HV/CV cockpits directly below a door, so you'd dock (precisely!) then exit the cockpit into the CV :)

Scoob.