What did you do in Empyrion today?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Slam Jones, Oct 17, 2015.

1. Peter Conway

Peter Conway Commander

I looked at that but the screen edges were missing and I was confused... then Nursie came with medication

2. Stellar Titan

Stellar Titan Captain

Been putting some time into trying to finish off a side project. Based off the lithoids from stellaris, finally settled on a poi to go with the shard ships
    20220305002748_1.jpg

3. Peter Conway

Peter Conway Commander

Any Ideas.png This is a project I've been on and off over the past weeks, it's had many 'stripdown and do it agains' I even tried it in Minecraft years ago

know what it is yet?

I have a virtual apple for anyone that can name it!

Fenris and Germanicus like this.
  4. Fenris

Fenris Commander

2,408 hours in Space Engineers, 1,845 hours in Empyrion. That's 4,253 hours to finally create a capital vessel I like :D I do ok with SVs and HVs, but for some reason could never make a CV I liked. I'd usually get 6 or so hours into designing a CV, only to use the destroy command on it because I hated it so much lol.

This one still needs work, not too happy about the back end (hopefully some detailing will make the rear thrusters not look so blah). I don't care for the roof on the back end either, tried throwing a bunch of antennas on the top to make it look functional, and not so flat. The problem is, it is easy to tell I just threw a bunch of antennas up there to break up the flatness lol. Also, right now it just has a bunch of gatling turrets as placeholders. And I still need to do the interior. But I'm happy enough with this ship to complete it :)

I decided to make this one look a bit pirate like. So I'm sticking to basic steel colors on the outside. And I wanted a broadsider ..... and now that I think about it, I completely forgot to add any fixed weapons lol.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Oh yeah, and more glowy bits, it needs more glowy bits.

malrose1, idx64, Siege Inc. and 5 others like this.
  5. Peter Conway

Peter Conway Commander

I've come across many of the problems you have, and bin work after a few hours simply because the more I do the further it goes from my vision.
    I'm particularly disrupted by the 2 meter cubes when it comes to interiors as 6 feet is too low a ceiling and 12 feet is can be uncomfortable for domestics, thus the ideal 9 foot ceiling causes problems with walls and the floor above (I so wish we could have a 'false' block that could be placed on the same cube) but no doubt I'll get better and more adaptive as I gain time and experience in Empyrion.

Great lookin' ship by the way :thumpUp:

jadefalcon likes this.
  6. Fenris

Fenris Commander

Finished a small dedicated fighter (no constructor), to support CVs, defend against base attacks, and defang POIs the other day, but wanted to try it in survival before posting pics. I wanted to keep it as compact as possible, have a warp drive (just in case), and be shielded, while being somewhat agile. This is the T4 upgrade, the T3 is the same except for having gatlings instead of pulse lasers. So far it works pretty well in survival.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Siege Inc., Don2k7, ravien_ff and 3 others like this.
  7. Defender1

Defender1 Ensign

Hey Fenris, how's it's performance? Any chance you'd upload that to the workshop? It's gorgeous!

Fenris likes this.
  8. Fenris

Fenris Commander

9. jadefalcon

jadefalcon Captain

10. Fenris

Fenris Commander

So, this is one of those crafts I've built but am just about 100% certain I will never use. In fact, 15 minutes into the build I kept telling myself "this is not going to work the way I want", but kept building because I was listening to YouTube video in the background and it was something to do. Then of all things, I saw the shadow it cast and was like "ok, now I want to see what the finished product looks like". :D

I'm not entirely sure the thing would even take off under a full load (32k storage in one container, and another 5k in the other), with only 28 m/s lift. On the other hand, it has got me thinking about creating a CV with this shape as inspiration. Oh yeah, and I use files I've modified, hence the medical and clone chambers in a SV. I can put beds in SVs and HVs also, there just wasn't enough room, so I made a fake bed as decoration.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. Germanicus

Germanicus Rear Admiral

Very inspiring Hull shape:NewThumbsUp::NewGrinning:

Fenris likes this.
  12. Peter Conway

Peter Conway Commander

I made use of the USS Enterprise by 'Apocholypse' for the intro to my most recent button pressing session...

NewGame_5_2022-03-22_20-13-01.png
    "She canna' take any moor captain!"

"Ramming speed Mr Scott!"
    NewGame_5_2022-03-22_20-16-19.png

13. spacegal

spacegal Commander

I (rage) quit the game when I reached the to be continued window of the main plot in v1.6 but...

...you couldn't really live without playing a little bit more EGS so I reinstalled it then...

...the 2022 roadmap was published and not even a single one liner saying at least we are planning to finish the storyline hence...

...I (rage) quit again and unistalled (again ;) ) the game :)

14. Germanicus

Germanicus Rear Admiral

:NewRollingEyes:

15. Robot Shark

Robot Shark Rear Admiral

I was browsing the workshop today and found a build that makes my carrier look tiny.
    I thought it was bad when I needed two gravity generators to provide gravity throughout the entire ship.
    This thing needs 5...

So, plugging someone elses work because I liked it.

Tal'on Mon'star

[​IMG]

Peter Conway and Fenris like this.
  16. Fenris

Fenris Commander

134 fuel tanks! And I was worried I went overboard with extra fuel :D But, if you've got the space, why not?

Germanicus likes this.
  17. Peter Conway

Peter Conway Commander

This made me laugh a bit, on a break from my Borg Cube I decided to build a botanical station, while placing some glass 'while walking' I started to gather speed and was soon ejected into space, I then realised I was too far from my grav gen unit, I have since placed 4 on the farm deck and I'm pretty sure I'm gonna need a few more for the quarters and promenade, but since it's all fantasy it shouldn't be a 'real gameworld' problem...

It's nice to know I'm not alone!

18. Fenris

Fenris Commander

Took my SV:
    [​IMG]
    And turned it into a CV:
    [​IMG]
    Wasn't really intended to be a battleship, more of a SV/HV transporter with some grow plots and construction equipment to act as a mobile base. But with how flat the top ended up becoming, I kept sticking turrets on top to break up the flat lines. and the interior is rather cramped for space due to the shape.

So ... time to go even bigger :D Might as well see if I can design it as an endgame (for vanilla) CV and see where that leads.

19. jadefalcon

jadefalcon Captain

20. Fenris

Fenris Commander

Thanks. Funny thing is, when I try to do a Bird-of-Prey inspired ship on purpose I never like them. I'd love to have the "wings" swept forward and also angled downwards slightly. There is probably a way of doing that, but that is a jigsaw I don't feel like tackling :D. Plus that would make the interior even harder to do, not to mention landing, loading/unloading HVs on a planet, etc.

jadefalcon likes this.