What did you do in Empyrion today?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Slam Jones, Oct 17, 2015.

1. Achenar

Achenar Commander

Recently I started a new game to test out the 1.10 changes and realized that I have never actually built a realistically sized, usable CV. I decided to make a fourth attempt at my Prometheus, designed to be actually usable in solo or small server play, with minimal wasted space. I managed to have a similar look and feel at about half the size and cost, while still retaining all the necessary usefulness. The goal here really was to cut down on wasted space and only keep really essential areas.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=3038775389

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Slam Jones

Slam Jones Rear Admiral

After the server I had been playing on was reset due to the RE update, I've forsaken grinding out levels for a little while and instead been working on designing some new ships.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Have a new Frigate that I call the Glaive (name pending), and should be suitable for light combat and salvage. In stark contrast to most of my combat ships, it's a steel hull with plastic interior, so I didn't have to spend too much CPU on thrusters, which meant I had more left for weapons and shields. Decently upgradable at Core 7, but not a lot of room for additional turrets.
    I haven't actually combat tested it, but it can definitely tear up some Bandits. Quite possibly can take down another Frigate, but that remains to be seen.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And a new, lightweight Freighter intended for the new bulk cargo RE trading. 4x full 640k containers should be able to haul a decent amount of stuff, and hopefully allows for a tidy profit.
    Haven't actually used it for that yet (much like the Glaive), but I figure there will be plenty of time for that later.
    As it is also steel hull with plastic interior, it's quite lightweight as well, allowing it to lift (nearly) twice it's weight on a 4g planet.

3. jalore

jalore Lieutenant

Finally finished My airship with a theater entertainment theme done in steampunk or retrofuturism... lot of hidden rooms, ventilator shafts to crawl around in all over the ship. And Is very much a role playing ship but it is also a functional player freighter also.bit more of a poi

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=3046729418

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. Achenar

Achenar Commander

5. Achenar

Achenar Commander

6. Furious Hellfire

Furious Hellfire Rear Admiral

Been a while for me.
    I managed to build a complete SV last night !

Just a vanilla transport shuttle, had an urge to create service hatch covers for the engine bays.
    Oh It has been a while, I don't know how to set the pics as clickable popups rather than all displaying at once xD

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. Furious Hellfire

I have missed creative :)
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. Achenar

Achenar Commander

9. Furious Hellfire

I rarely ever play this now.

Spawned all of my best SV on a single platform in a save called SV shipyard. (still got many other sv not shown)
    So tired of having numerous saves each with a slightly better version of a ship in progress..
    Now I work on updating or creating new sv right here on this platform.
    I so should have done this ages ago...

So now I have all the ones I am most likely to use or update, in one place, ready to edit.

The game is actually now more fun for me to play, the ships on the far left were pvp vessels I made for HWS before RE days.
    I have hollowed out the insides and turned them into PVE ships now with cool cabins.
    Made several attempts on one of those ships before but kept losing where I left the updated ship due to my scatty creative save nature.

The small ships next to those on the far left, are new builds I made last week.

The far right side are the vessels I first built once I learned how 4 angle blocks connect to a pattern years ago.

The rows from right to left represent building phases I went through so its almost a visual timeline for my build history.

The only problem is that I have the will to build but I don't seem to have the will to upload to workshop anymore.
    Will try and push myself to upload those I never uploaded.

Still, I created 5 unique ships last week and totally rebuilt 3 others interiors, I guess I am kinda back !
    I have not built a ship in 3-4 years maybe ?

I will create a CV shipyard next !

[​IMG]

10. Furious Hellfire

11. Furious Hellfire

I made this ship years ago for PvP on HWS.

Several times I have ceased an active attempt to convert it into a PvE vessel.
    Probably posted pics of it here before.

I ripped out the interior (which was just 1 tiny cockpit) last week.
    Rebuilt it all completely, and finished yesterday but did not stop there.
    Yesterday after finalising the interior, I stripped it empty again, and rebuilt the interior again !

Why ?

Years ago I made one ship with a cool hallway design, decided I wanted this design on here, well the ship is certainly big enough for it.
    Oh and I have been making use of light textures with global illuminations in most places, rather than setting up actual lights with sensors.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The ship has 2 levels, there is another hallways on the top level

[​IMG]

Lots of cool rooms on this ship now but lets just look at the engineering areas.
    The core here is directly underneath the warp room and connects through the ceiling.
    [​IMG]

Connected with the core room below

[​IMG]
    Primary fuel room

[​IMG]
    o2 room

[​IMG]

CPU room

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 23, 2023
  12. Slam Jones

Slam Jones Rear Admiral

I love the use of the glowing textures to create different moods in the different areas! I might have to steal some of the fuel room aesthetics for my own ships :)

And the hallways give me a very 70's sci-fi feeling, which is rather awesome.

Furious Hellfire likes this.
  13. Furious Hellfire

Happy to have inspired !

The hallways look even better now I have coloured them bright yellow instead of the dull faded yellow pictured, shinier, with about 20% more retro feeling :D

Slam Jones likes this.
  14. jadefalcon

jadefalcon Captain

Still use 2 of your speedboat / yacht creations for Ocean planets

15. Furious Hellfire

Excellent !

I am glad to hear they are still running ;)

I considered making a canal barge last week.

jadefalcon likes this.
  16. jadefalcon

jadefalcon Captain

Mostly underground and still to be completed..a dwarven themed base... Ered Luin...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

17. Furious Hellfire

A flying car concept I built today inspired by one of my more older builds.

There are 2 versions, this is the sports version, hence the glass engine bay cover with air scoop instead of the 3x4 shutter door used as a hood on the standard model, which does not have the rear wing.

Pictured with UK license plates

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Trunk light auto powers when trunk opened.
    cram a warp drive and 2 storage boxes in there why not.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    engine bay light auto powers when hood opeend

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. Furious Hellfire

We need more flying cars !
    I don't think many have been made with the modern build stuff we have available.

Made a taxi version, by this time you will notice I have lost the sloped side windows for the cockpit.

[​IMG]

I figure all 3 versions look better this way
    [​IMG]

fitted proper trunk lights in the back because so far only the sports version had a trunk light emitted from the rear wing.
    Now there are 2 trunk lights in the rear of each car.

As both lights are side facing with spotlight setting wide beam, and only trigger when the trunk is opened, it gives the visual impression of light pouring out the open trunk onto the ground behind.
    How awesome is that?
    [​IMG]

19. imlarry425

imlarry425 Captain

Working on a mapping/registry helper (capturing client entity and playfield loading events via MQTT into SQLLite to avoid MP "no global.db access" issues) because spreadsheets and sticky notes are way too cumbersome ... today's victory is Akua (map.png from playfield cache) viewed from above using OpenTK. Really slow 'n tedious progress, but it is still worth the endorphin hit when you figure out how to get a computer to do close to what you want it to.

[​IMG]

20. Slam Jones

Slam Jones Rear Admiral

On the Reforged Eden multiplayer server I've been playing, I finally got up to 100 million credits!

The only problem now is... what do I spend it on? :)

The only big thing I've bought off the Player-to-Player Marketplace this playthrough was an Anti-Matter Warp Drive for 40mil. Also been buying Silver, Gold, Platinum, Drone Swarm Processors, etc.

Always nice to have options on how you choose to gather rare resources and components!

[​IMG]

This is the little freighter ship responsible for it all. Covered many LY and KM in this ship :)
    [​IMG]

Maybe I just keep grinding credits? Not sure yet!

Fenris and Robot Shark like this.