What did you do in Empyrion today?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Slam Jones, Oct 17, 2015.

1. Robot Shark

Robot Shark Rear Admiral

Today I decided to play through the old Omicron single player missions.

Some notes:
    The containers in Omicron Station are set to public.
    While I like free loot, I know the devs frown on this.

Likewise, the containers on Sanctuary are set to public.
    Two free SV's, one free HV, and two free hoverbikes sitting around Sanctuary? Sweet.

When I returned to Sanctuary there was no map marker for Kezzel, I had to search for him for a while.

It was so nice that I could leave Omicron in one of the SV's I had found.
    Last time I played the Omicron systems missions I had to ferry my loot out by taking multiple jumps through the teleporter.

All of the containers at the TOPS Distillary were set to public (but the alien containers were gone, boo...)

When at the Pirate base there was no map marker for the paymaster (good thing I remember where he is)

All of the continers at the INFERNO club are set to public, at least it's only two fridges.

I think I will try the snow planet tomorrow.

Slam Jones and tony hug like this.
  2. Robot Shark

Robot Shark Rear Admiral

Finally got around to exploring the storyline snow planet.

Some notes.

Taking out the Radar Station, Com Array, Xenu Mainframe, and the drone attack at the wreck of the Titan have no effect on my standing with the Zirax. You think slaughtering a bunch of their troops and taking out their bases would have some effect.

Side note, one of the constructors at the Radar Station needs to be rotated. It looks a little wonkey with the new model.

3. stanley bourdon

stanley bourdon Captain

I STOPPED READING THE FORUM AS THE OVERSATURATED RED WAS PAINFUL FOR ME TO LOOK AT.

Please change the red it is too much. Oversaturated I think.

XLJedi likes this.
  4. Escarli

Escarli Rear Admiral

I kinda like it :)

5. Robot Shark

Robot Shark Rear Admiral

I cannot see what I am typing when replying to threads. I have to highlight the text to see what I typed.

6. Taelyn

Taelyn Administrator Staff Member Community Manager

• Developer
    • Administrator
    Yeh I broke some stuff, trying to fix it

Germanicus, Robot Shark and Fenris like this.
  7. XLJedi

XLJedi Lieutenant

I don't mind the border and header, but the text and buttons are a bit much.

8. Fenris

Fenris Commander

I panicked at first and thought something was wrong with my PC :D

Germanicus likes this.
  9. Robot Shark

Robot Shark Rear Admiral

Continuing my story mission playthrough and ran into an old bug.

When I approached the Derelict Ship (Ilmarinen) the turrets on my CV opened fire.
    Since the Ilmarinen is an admin structure it is invulerable and my CV is just wasting ammo by shooting at it.
    I turned the turrets off, I just hope nothing will fly by and start shooting at my CV.

I really wish the game knew to NOT target admin structures.

Side note, I really liked the old Ilmarinen and wish that it was repourposed as a random POI after it was replaced.
    You know, given some purpose in the game because it was so well constructed and was in the game for so long.

10. Wellingtoon

Wellingtoon Commander

Today this happened...

[​IMG]

What an unbelievably great time I've had with this game over the past few years. Have I rage quit? Yes. Have I fumed at the terrible hitboxes, glitchy AI, and baffling design decisions? (I'm looking at you, mass = lower top speed!) Absolutely!

But this is the best value for money entertainment I've ever come across. It's my go-to, my way of relaxing (when I feel like it) or blowing stuff up to take out my anger on something (when I feel like that instead). It is literally my childhood, Commodore 64-playing-days dream of building my own spaceships and doing what I want with them., come true. It's a long way from the ole vector graphics original Elite.

I love it. Thanks Eleon, Ravien, and Vermillion. And everyone else who designs fantastic ships and POIs. Just good times all round.

11. Robot Shark

Robot Shark Rear Admiral

Todays goof-around.

The largest blast doors (that I can keep pressurized) Vs. the largest hangar doors.

[​IMG]

Germanicus and Wellingtoon like this.
  12. XLJedi

XLJedi Lieutenant

[​IMG]
    I finished my God Phoenix, ever heard of it?

Last edited: Feb 14, 2024
  13. Furious Hellfire

Furious Hellfire Rear Admiral

Never heard of it, but I have now, googled it, the ship you made is a good representation of the ship from a 70's animation.
    Nice work!

This brings to mind the old days of "Starfleet X bomber" and their ship, which someone has also recreated on here, only that show was with puppets, a japanese/american colab or japanese/uk I forget
    https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1457210839&searchtext=x+bomber

14. Robot Shark

Robot Shark Rear Admiral

A while ago I wanted to make a CV carrier, one that kept the docked CV’s safe from incoming fire.

So, I took one of my larger CV’s, the Cerulean Star, and added hangars to the sides.

The hangar doors are the largest ones in the game, so they will fit any CV that can squeeze through a 13x7 opening.

…. Then I added a hangar door on top of the first one, making a 13x14 opening.

Then I made it bigger, and tried different hangar door configurations.

Lately I decided to try using blast doors instead of using hangar doors, and made one with an 24x14 opening.

(I was limited by the max size of the forcefield blocks, I wanted the hangars airtight so players could pressurize them if they wanted to).

I think I am done with modifying this series. Versions 1 – 3 are already in the workshop and I am doing the final tweaks on version 4 (the one with the blast doors).

All of them are CPU tier 4 and are considered end game builds.

They can liftoff from a 4g planet under a full load, when you want to take everything with you and only have to jump once.

CV Carriers

[​IMG]

15. jadefalcon

jadefalcon Captain

Do changes to playfiled_dynamic files take affect after a new game has been started?
    Cant remember If Ive asked this before..

16. Ravis

Ravis Captain

Starting a new game would pull the new playfeild, you wouldn't have to exit the game. Though just starting a new game 100 times in a row might lead to needing to delete some catch files eventually.

17. Robot Shark

Robot Shark Rear Admiral

Today I learned something I did not know before.

I learned that there is a limit to the number of spotlights you can put on a build.

I was using spotlights in the hangar bays of my carriers and noticed that some of the builds were flagged as exceeding the block limits.
    After investigating I found out that is was because they had over 30 spotlights.

I have fixed the builds I uploaded to the workshop, I was not aware there was a block limit for spotlights.

18. jadefalcon

jadefalcon Captain

checking out reforged eden - long over due - any pointers for a noob on first playthru?

19. Scoob

Scoob Rear Admiral

Minor tip: The Mechanic Drill is back! Better than the survival tool and can be crafted very early. Easy to forget / not realise as it was removed from the vanilla games ages ago...

stanley bourdon and jadefalcon like this.
  20. The Big Brzezinski

The Big Brzezinski Captain

Today I played around with HV drills to learn more of the full extent of their capabilities.

[​IMG]

A 16 meter wide tunnel ain't half bad.

Robot Shark likes this.