What did you do in Empyrion today?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Slam Jones, Oct 17, 2015.

1. Dinkelsen

Dinkelsen Captain

I tried it today because I was curious (new game, Createive) and it worked. Was also under the impression this wasn't possible but was positively surprised.

Tyrax Lightning likes this.
  2. Scoob

Scoob Rear Admiral

Cool. Worth confirming it works in Survival too (if you're want to) as I've experienced discrepancies between Survival / Creative as well as SP/MP in the past. My CV is near built in my current survival, so I'll modified one of my SV/HV's with top docking pads and test shortly.

Scoob.

3. Fractalite

Fractalite Rear Admiral

Although I build on other planets, I have been spending most of my time on Akua recently... and I believe my work space is getting a little cluttered....

Creative_12_2016-12-04_13-03-02.png

Robot Shark, Trazzlo, Kieve and 3 others like this.
  4. banksman45

banksman45 Rear Admiral

Wow I haven't seen these dinos in game yet.. I have to do some exploring.

5. banksman45

banksman45 Rear Admiral

I am going to attempt a underwater base. So I took one of the desert planets and turned into a water planet but this time using green water. Screenshot (161).png
    This is going to be interesting. lol
    Screenshot (160).png .

Fractalite and Tyrax Lightning like this.
  6. banksman45

banksman45 Rear Admiral

I had to show this Borg ship that is on the workshop. I wished it was a lot bigger but the detail on this ship is awesome.
    Could you imagine using this game's AI to control a fleet of these ships and them flying around attacking you?? Screenshot (148).png

Screenshot (150).png
    Screenshot (151).png

7. Parakiet

Parakiet Commander

is Seven on board? :) :) :)

8. Tyrax Lightning

Tyrax Lightning Rear Admiral

Oh yeah... I keep forgetting about that change that made stuff like Rocket Launchers no longer Collide its Shots with its Parent Vessel. Still feels cheaty to me, but i'm hoping it's a Band Aid Fix till they can figure out how to make stuff like that work correctly in a Legit manner that isn't too lag problemish or buggy... similar to cheaty being able to point Thruster Thrust at your Blocks & have them stay unharmed for no reason at all whatsoever.

Now that is epic... Could also imagine Players in Mod Spacesuits looking like Borg & giving the full "We are the Borg. You will be Assimilated. Resistance is futile. bla bla bla" Speech as they close in. :D (Especially if the Players were like Admins 'Player NPC' running this as a Special PvE Server Event.)

If Seven of Nine was on Board, i'd wanna mount a Rescue Operation to save her! The Borg don't get to have her back dammit! :p

banksman45 likes this.
  9. banksman45

banksman45 Rear Admiral

I wished she was ;)lol They have a Respawn chamber painted green on the bridge maybe she is hiding in there.

10. Fractalite

Fractalite Rear Admiral

Introducing, Gestalt.

A powerful, fast, agile, heavily armed, well stocked level 5 survival Hovercraft.

Not cut in a traditional design, Gestalt fully confirms that you can survive against impossible odds while still maintaining a artistic and stylistic flare - Do be ready for worship from the Talon Guardians! Just please be careful not to exploi... *cough* abuse your power! :)

6 miniguns and 4 minigun turrets will keep everything at bay until you reach level 10 and want to add rocket turrets. Kind of a fun plus; Gestalt's turret mountings allow for easy additions whenever you want to add them!

Covers all terrain with ease - even glides fair distances. Also makes for an excellent sniping platform against the various food sou.... *cough* I mean hostile, man-eating wildlife.

Steam Link:
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=812477369

Enjoy!

Creative_12_2016-12-04_16-03-59.png

Creative_12_2016-12-04_16-04-12.png

Creative_12_2016-12-04_16-05-40.png

Creative_12_2016-12-04_16-04-23.png

Last edited: Dec 4, 2016
  11. Tyrax Lightning

Looks like something Inspired by the Overwatch Character "Zenyatta". :p

12. banksman45

banksman45 Rear Admiral

Wow... I bet at night this looks awesome. If there was some way to animate the spheres it would be epic. I hope the devs gives us a way to make some type of animation like lights blinking and something to make blocks rotate. I would love to see the the spheres on the ship blinking and rotating ..

Tyrax Lightning and Fractalite like this.
  13. Scoob

Scoob Rear Admiral

I actually just built myself a tank HV in Survival mode this evening. I'm actually quite pleased with it both styling-wise and functionally. It's not painted or textured yet, but I just took it for a little spin on Akua moon.

I was approaching a Ghost Rider Defence when my 4x Plasma and 4x Rocket turrets opened up (Arty was off, as were miniguns) then, seconds later they all stopped. The POI was dead lol. Only issue is that my turrets no longer fire, at all - something's gone screwy and I need to restart I think - as the next POI I buzzed was totally ignored by my HV, despite me coming under heavy fire.

Once I'm certain this glitch is fixed by a restart, I'll be shooting my HV at planets from orbit again methinks.... :)

Scoob.

Tyrax Lightning and Fractalite like this.
  14. Siege Inc.

Siege Inc. Rear Admiral

Yesterday I came up with these guys. Orange is an HV, green is an SV. They didn't turn out to be quite what I had in mind. I may yet upload them. We'll see. I added spikes to the green one just for giggles.

[​IMG]

Today I cleared the cobwebs from my brain, found a piece of concept art I liked a lot, and translated it into the game.

[​IMG]

I still needed a defensive turret to go with my industrial themed ships though. The first couple attempts ended up looking more like the beginnings of fighter craft. I'll probably try to see what I can do with those later. But I finally came up with something half way decent.

[​IMG]

Just need to give 'em a paint job now and then I can get back to the CV I was working on.

15. Fractalite

Fractalite Rear Admiral

I love the Orange HV, you should finish that.

16. Fractalite

Fractalite Rear Admiral

Introducing, Ashes.

A small, super fast and agile, well stocked, power house of a ship for the minigun lover in all of us. :)

Harvester module placement getting you down? No problem! With Ashes, crippling that ancient forest takes no time at all!

Wanting to show off to your friends? Take the Ashes glide attack challenge! Find the tallest peak you can, and launch yourself off the top while trying to gun down as many drones as you can in mid-air. +10 Awesome points if you can run into one along the way!

A bit expensive for a level 7 unlock, but really, what are resources between a person and their heavily armed destroyer HV's?

Steam Link:
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=812605054

Enjoy!

Creative_12_2016-12-04_20-00-13.png

Creative_12_2016-12-04_20-07-49.png

Creative_12_2016-12-04_19-58-51.png

Creative_12_2016-12-04_19-59-14.png

17. Tyrax Lightning

Why did you stick that Middle Turret in a place to make it shoot you in the back of your Head once it's finished Bullet Drilling the back of the Cockpit? XD

@Kane Hart Dude, please... we need a ROFL Emote for these Forums, bad! :D

Fractalite likes this.
  18. Fractalite

Fractalite Rear Admiral

Bullet drilling into ones brain = better than Coffee! Huzzah!

Yet another reason to go fetch yourself ashes and have that great time!

19. Tyrax Lightning

Frankly if I was gonna point something at the back of my own Head, it'd be an Artillery Turret. I believe in the fun factor of going out with a Bang. :p

Fractalite likes this.
  20. hound

hound Captain

Ladles and Gentlebeings, after a large day of shooting at things why don't you come down to the beach for a drink...I give you TeQuila
    [​IMG]