What did you do in Empyrion today?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Slam Jones, Oct 17, 2015.

1. =TCR= Big_Red

=TCR= Big_Red Rear Admiral

Are those CVS siting on the water?

2. Slam Jones

Slam Jones Rear Admiral

Nope. I built an elevator on top of my base that goes up about 10 blocks, attached to which is a spiderweb of walkways that hold the cvs in place. They shimmy a small bit, but otherwise stay in place well enough.

Edit: Finally, a screenshot of what I mean:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 27, 2016
    Tyrax Lightning likes this.
  3. DragonHalo99

DragonHalo99 Commander

I started manufacturing components for a cv . now im looking for inspiration

4. =TCR= Big_Red

5. Clapman7

Clapman7 Ensign

I waited half an hour on my blueprint counting time at a near 6 hours, lol.

6. Tyrax Lightning

Tyrax Lightning Rear Admiral

I tried to explore Akua on foot & traipse around about half the planet with a Assault Rifle & about 525 rounds for it. A couple hours later i'm trying to get back to my Base before i'm out of Ammo, my search for stuff like Magnesium for more Bullets fruitless, & i'm low on Oxygen & in danger of no longer being able to cross water bodies safely without drowning. (Why is my damn idiot Character unable to swim like LiftPizzas can in his Vids!!? :mad:) I find the Crashed Ship Middle Section & try to get a little more loot as I move by & to try to deal with Drones i'm low on Ammo to deal with. Immediately when I get near a Troop Transport comes at me... but drops nothing off. I laugh it off as 'thank goodness the game knows i'm too low in power to deal with stuff like that'. I search around in the Ship a bit & find a couple choice goodies to take with me. Darkness sets in, & also more Troop Transports arrive... this time they drop off Soldiers & Crawlers... i'm in deep trouble now. I try to hide inside, but I don't wanna wait 7+ RL Minutes for day so I fight my way out & try to make a run for it. Eventually I get far from the Crashed Ship middle part & then have to blow up one last persistent Drone. I down it, then ANOTHER Troop Transport attack me... STILL! I scram for it running away as fast as I can & trying to run away from Plant Monsters too. I think I lose everything... then YET ANOTHER TROOP TRANSPORT COMES RIGHT AT ME!!! Why are they STILL attacking me!!? :eek: I'm Stamina Drained now & can't get away from the Troops & Crawlers it dispenses, Plant Monsters are thrashing away at me, yet another Drone comes at me firing, my idiotic Pistol with its 180+ Rounds I looted off stuff can't do enough damage, my REAL Weapon, my Assault Rifle is outta Ammo... I collapse under the Enemy Might. I tried Respawning near death point once trying to find a way to save my huge amount of stuff, but no way in hell & they effortlessly destroy me again.

I give up & answer to defeat & Respawn in a new Escape Pod... which is badly equipped & only give me another damn idiotic Pistol & 30 rounds for it... & a couple other things... & no freaking Magnesium to make more Ammo. Plant Monsters take care of those Round Expenditures & though I re-find the area I was trying to make my Base my Core I had set down but never activated was gone. I try to drill for more Iron & get some, but without Magnesium I can't fight anymore... I fear Akua may have won against me... :(

Why doesn't this game have any Melee Weapons? Also how do I get my stupid ***** of a Captain Ensign to freaking swim? I didn't try to make a HV cause I didn't think my initial supplies would cover the costs for it, was I in error on this & did failing to make my first HV fast Game Over me?

I might have to give up my Game & start a new one & try a different Seed. :oops:

Edit: Also, I now have Kage848 and G4K's Empyrion Let's Plays Bookmarked for later viewing.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2016
  7. NafreiuX

NafreiuX Captain

Started building new SV - Wraith Bomber:
    SV_2016-01-27_15-53-41.png

8. =TCR= Big_Red

Be cool to see your SV slowly spin when flying. Nice job.

9. NafreiuX

NafreiuX Captain

Thanks :) I'll try to make a video of it once the ship is finished

10. Snowbeard62

Snowbeard62 Lieutenant

Finally got my PC fixed and downloaded the update. Now I am looking forward to Friday do I can take out a pesky drone base that's far too close to my new Omicron base for my liking.
    Also for anyone that hasn't seen them check out Haladmer let's plays. Guy knows his stuff IMHO.

11. =TCR= Big_Red

Watch him all the time. Great Let's Play.

12. Baneus

Baneus Commander

You will immediately sink to the bottom of any water body if you have a weapon or tool in your hands. Switch to food or empty hands and you'll glide along the surface just fine. Still need your helmet on though (which is silly).

13. Snowbeard62

Snowbeard62 Lieutenant

I rarely have my helmet on when swimming. You can swim on the surface and breath just fine

14. NafreiuX

NafreiuX Captain

Took some very old BPs from the closet - thought it would be nice to compare the sizes of my CVs.
    Here's my collection so far:
    All_CVs.png All_CVs_2016-01-28_00-15-04.png All_CVs_2016-01-28_00-15-58.png All_CVs_2016-01-28_00-16-40.png

15. Tyrax Lightning

That is a beautiful Ship... If it was entered in a Contest, i'd seriously consider Voting for it! :D

Many thanks for the info! I now have Haladmer Bookmarked for later viewing too! :)

Ahh, so that was the problem. Many thanks for the info! ^_^ (So that 0 Key DOES have a use after all... I wondered about it...)

Now... for my latest going ons... I decided that by getting my butt handed to me by AKUA in less then 4 hours, I had lost any & all right to ever be able to call myself a Real Man, so I decided to have some fun in Creative Mode & try out building a HV, to hell with invoking the wrath of the "Real Man Bug" that already can't afflict me anymore cause I already lost my 'Real Man-ness' by losing to a TRAINING PLANET... :(

If I ever notice anything missing from between my legs, i'll vaguely non-grossly let ya'all know.

16. AlphaOmega

AlphaOmega Lieutenant

Personally I prefer the pistol vs Drones. I like to use boulders or ridge lines as cover and either pop out and fire two or three shots and then jump back to cover before the Drone can lock on to me, repeat until destroyed. Or I wait until the Drone clears my cover at which point they are above me and I can blast them in the under belly. In that position, just below them they are unable to target me. It usually only takes about a half dozen shots or so to down a Drone. I feel that this is a better use of ammo than blasting 25 rounds from an assault rifle. Never did the math, I could be wrong.

Someone here on these boards offered the tip that running toward Drones is better than trying to run away. I have adopted this strategy when I do not have any handy cover. I run towards the Drone, zigging and zagging and hopping and blasting with my pistol all the way, again trying to get under it where it can not target me. This way usually takes a few more shots, as I am not as good a shot when I am being shot at.

17. Slam Jones

Slam Jones Rear Admiral

Churned out a new CV at the Workshop.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. Tyrax Lightning

I've built my first complete HV in Creative! :D

Huh... this is a PNG... the Wiki said the blueprint would be in some kinda weird File Format... I hit Right-Alt-O... where'd I go wrong? I wanna share this Blueprint in the Blueprints Sub-Forum!

Attached Files:

19. Slam Jones

Slam Jones Rear Admiral

@Tyrax Lightning - In the same folder should be an .epb (or maybe .ebp) file with the same name as the .png. That's the blueprint :) I usually put them both in a .zip file, but that;s up to you.

20. Tyrax Lightning

Edit 2:
    Oops, my apologies for the delay in response, meant to respond sooner. I use the damn Pistol for just Hunting now. For fighting real enemies, I wanna real weapon. Then again, perhaps I don't have awesomesauce skills. I wanna render the damn thing obsolete & no longer worth carrying anymore asap. To each their own. :)

Already looked. no .epb file to go with it. Perhaps buginess with the Blurprints? Wait a minute... looked again & there it is. I'd swear that WASN'T there before the first time... *Glares at the Game Files suspiciously*

Ahh! That's the problem! When I use the Post's "Upload a File" Button, the Window that pops up for me is refusing to show .epb files as a choice, & the 'File Type' Dropdown refuses to list a 'All Files' option! Is there any Plan B way to stick a copy of the .epb into this Post?

Edit: Oh, might be relevant to note i'm running Windows 10 Home Premium 64-bit.

For the Topic: My latest going-ons in Empyrion is to work on trying to figure out how to do this Blueprinting stuff. :p

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 28, 2016