What did you do in Empyrion today?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Slam Jones, Oct 17, 2015.

1. Tyrax Lightning

Tyrax Lightning Rear Admiral

That's a pretty place! :D

Hope ya also got non-alcoholic stuff too for us non-alcoholics. I myself am a fan of Sparkling Apple Cider & variants. Ya could also make a Repeat Customer outta me if ya also got Pumpkin Milkshakes! :D

2. hound

hound Captain

Come over to the pool and you can make your own...lol
    [​IMG]

3. Kyrt Malthorn

Kyrt Malthorn Captain

Well, after I got tired of building on my latest CV (and then backtracking because I didn't like the deck layout) and bouncing between games until I was thoroughly convinced I really was still in the mood for Empyrion, I picked up my survival game. What was I doing? Oh, right, defanging Akua (after an Omicron start). Took out almost all the rest of the Epsilon bases, so yay. Figured out the mergestructs commands and new build tools. Discovered using mergestructs but not completing the merge (with the -ex) allows adjacent structures not only to align perfectly, but have blocks touching seamlessly. So.... there's really nothing stopping me at this point from engaging in modular base construction where some modules can stay on (greenhouse, turret tower) and others shut down. But of course it's also neat to have disconnected pieces be the same base, too...

I'm late to the hype party, I know, I just don't get to have updates until weekends.

And then I delved into the abandoned mine (first for me) and thanked whatever engineer built the epic assault rifle's magazine so big. Made out with two more epic weapons... well, one was a second epic laser rifle, so eh, but... epic sniper. Definitely useful.

I think I have one Epsilon Spaceport to tackle and then Akua is mine. Better do a sweep for leftover drones though.

I must say, my Sv has taken a lot of punishment, and enough splash damage to hurt internals where I can't reach them... after Akua I think this old hand-built bird is going in a museum. Oh I know a repair block could get it to 100 percent, but by this point I can afford something that packs a little more punch.

P.s. has anyone ever reconstructed the entire MS Titan?

Last edited: Dec 5, 2016
  4. Siege Inc.

Siege Inc. Rear Admiral

I think there are a couple MS Titan blueprints on the workshop.

5. Krenios

Krenios Commander

I work in this little frog, first plan : Metal Frogger

[​IMG]

6. banksman45

banksman45 Rear Admiral

Can't wait for happy hour. lol

Tyrax Lightning likes this.
  7. banksman45

banksman45 Rear Admiral

Wow is that a hot tub next to the pool ?? lol I could use a place like this right now .

8. banksman45

banksman45 Rear Admiral

Since SVs can no longer travel under water I built an above ground hangar and connected to my underwater base. Screenshot (163).png
    Screenshot (162).png
    Screenshot (165).png

9. Siege Inc.

Siege Inc. Rear Admiral

Last edited: Dec 5, 2016
    banksman45 and Tyrax Lightning like this.
  10. Fractalite

Fractalite Rear Admiral

This is nice. Is it on the workshop? If it is not, you should add some more pictures and upload it. Along with cement, I think people are looking for solid wood starter bases for the survival experience.

11. Fractalite

Fractalite Rear Admiral

Wait.... two more? I thought there was only the one in the Abandoned Mine? And the epic sniper is the best of them. Such a beautiful weapon.

12. Scoob

Scoob Rear Admiral

I think I recovered four or five Epics from a certain POI on Masperon - I was surprised too! Sadly two were dupes though lol

Scoob.

13. Siege Inc.

Siege Inc. Rear Admiral

Uploaded some new ships to my workshop. Side projects that happened while working on other stuff. Finished up the paint job on the SV and the HV turret I was working on.

Industrial Tug
    [​IMG]

Still working on the CV. Trying to figure out how I want to provide docking for the HV turret I made.

[​IMG]

Edit: I wish we had more color options. I'd really like to paint this ship olive green.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2016
    banksman45 and Tyrax Lightning like this.
  14. Kyrt Malthorn

Kyrt Malthorn Captain

@Fractalite , yes there are two purple quality loot containers in the abandoned mine. At least that I found.

in the room with the conveyor belt like structures and the big fan. One can be found by following one of the conveyor belts and destroying a grating - the other is behind the fan, just take out one of the corners of the shutters and get behind it.

15. Scoob

Scoob Rear Admiral

I thought an update a while back "fixed" the HV Turret exploit? They can no longer fire when docked, even if powered. Though I guess their turrets could be fired manually.

Scoob.

16. Siege Inc.

Siege Inc. Rear Admiral

Well they're not supposed to be fired while docked. The idea is to drop down to a planet and deploy the turrets to cover the CV while you're off mining. That way you don't have to leave the gas hog CV running. :D

17. Scoob

Scoob Rear Admiral

Ah, I see, excellent plan :)

Scoob.

18. hound

hound Captain

19. Fractalite

Fractalite Rear Admiral

You have several really nice designs there. Very cool.

I knew about the one at the end of the conveyor, but I.... I believe I am going to go start a survival game.... *runs to his computer*

20. banksman45

banksman45 Rear Admiral

I think you will like it. It's pretty fun to me. . I'm taking advantage of the water glitch in this game that after you dig underground far enough the water no longer flows down . So you end up having a underground base with a whole pond or lake over top of it. You still have to swim to get to your base but once your inside you can walk around freely.