What did you do in Empyrion today?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Slam Jones, Oct 17, 2015.

1. Sasquatch

Sasquatch Captain

Heya folks. It's my first time posting in this thread so I'm gonna go for some of the things I've built so far instead of what i did today. Bit of a catch up. :) I started a couple of months ago so I won't bore you with everything I've made, just some of the things I think turned out quite well.

This is one of the first HV's i made. Its more of a pve/starter planet type. But it's fast and stable and I still tend to spawn it on the starter planets.
    Vehicle_Park_2016-12-27_23-18-40.png

A little meteor mining HV I did maybe a week ago for use on Akua. I'm really happy with how this one turned out, Had to make some compromises with the looks so that it was practical but i still smile like an idiot whenever I'm driving this thing around.
    Vehicle_Park_2016-12-27_23-23-57.png

Vehicle_Park_2016-12-27_23-23-08.png

A small starter SV I made just before reset for 5.0. I wanted something cheap and easy to upgrade and somehow ended up with this.
    Vehicle_Park_2016-12-27_23-30-13.png

This is my first pvp CV. It's based on one I made for the single player and has been rebuilt about 5 times as I've found glaring flaws so far but now is my "go to CV" when I want something that can survive a scrap. It's pretty thirsty but I like the look of the thing too much to replace it! :)
    Vehicle_Park_2016-12-27_23-40-22.png

Vehicle_Park_2016-12-27_23-39-04.png

As you can probably tell this is a redesign of my pvp CV. I spend a couple of days gutting and rebuilding it trying to get as much extra space out of the frame while retaining a good deal of the original shape. It's meant as a transport model so I added plenty of storage and vehicle space as well as gardens and constructors etc.
    Vehicle_Park_2016-12-27_23-44-05.png

So that's me pretty much caught up but I might as well share what I did today anyways. Drove around smiling like an idiot mining meteors. God I love this game! :D

2. Tyrax Lightning

Tyrax Lightning Rear Admiral

I'm a HV Fan, especially of Hover War Tanks & now Mining HVs, & as a HV Fan, this is a damn happy thing for me to hear! :D

Welcome to the Forums! :)

Sasquatch likes this.
  3. Robot Shark

Robot Shark Rear Admiral

Welcome to the forums. :)

Tyrax Lightning likes this.
  4. Robot Shark

Robot Shark Rear Admiral

Today I took the mono-drill "Needle" HV I was playing with and decided to give it a full survival loadout.

I kinda got carried away, and I have no idea what to call it.
    .. and yes, it still fits down a tunnel created by a single drill.

20161227194052_1.jpg

Last edited: Dec 28, 2016
  5. Tyrax Lightning

How about "Needlenose"? :p

For the Topic:

My next Mad Empyrion Science Experiment:

Front View:
    [​IMG]
    & of course I have to Mad Empyrion Science on various kinds of ideas on Symboling, Texturing, & in general Decorating while i'm at it to do more with less. :p

Stripes Idea as Decor inspired by stuff like Pitcher's Black under their Eyes, stuff like those White Tattoo lookin dudes under the Eyes of Chrono Cross Character, "Kid", & other such kinds of Face Paint or Face Paint-like stuff. :p

Right Side View:
    [​IMG]
    I just wasn't able to give up on the idea of 'Pigs in a Blanket' style Jet Thruster Protection after all & dared to try it again.

Rear View:
    [​IMG]
    Since there's nothing interesting about the Pic of this Ship's Butt, i'll substitute in a possibly interesting fact about the Ship in its place: This Ship is Size Class 4... over 2/3rds of this Ship Device Count is nothing but SV RCSs... I guano you not... THAT'S what it took to make this big dude Rotate & Pitch Yaw Roll around adequately. If ALL of the RCS were kicked outta this dude, this dude could very well drop ALL the way down to Size Class 2... & the Devs still act like they think we DON'T need SV/HV T2 RCS... :eek:

Left Side View:
    [​IMG]
    Unlit Side View cause ya didn't REALLY need a second Lit Side View, or so I reckoned. :p

Top View:
    [​IMG]
    *Points at FinsWing Blocks* There, Fins. NOT a Box Ship, no whining outta all of ya! :p

Seriously, trying to ward off cries & whines of "BOX SHIP!!! BOO!!!" seems to be the literal number one biggest use/need for Wing Blocks. :rolleyes: (at the sacrifice of a bit of Speed cause of the extra Weight...)

Bottom View:
    [​IMG]
    From all my experimenting with Jet Thrusters, i'm now seriously considering making the 3x7x3 ones my most used, they're getting to feel like the best balance of Thrust to Size of them all, though the 1x3x1s & the 2x5x2s definitely have use too.

Also known as "How the hell are us Big Dreamers supposed to Dream Big with these damn Weapon Limits again!? This is being FORCED to Jack of All Trades to the point of Crippling Overspecialization. Ya, ya heard right. The Inanity of being forced to Cripplingly Overspecialize at being a Jack of All Trades... something i'd never seen before in all my Video Game life... this is what the Max Weapon Count does if combo'd with stuff like some of us liking big brawny Creations... o_O

Lastly, now that this dude's done its Main Job as a Demonstration of "Crippling Overspecialization at being a Jack of All Trades", it'll hopefully someday get a chance to perform it's "Do more with less with my Resources Job", holding all the non-Gatling Gun SV Weapons all in 1 Test Craft to use to test out all the Weapons in Live Combat someday so I can try to determine which ones to try out in various circumstances AND determine which ones seem to best fit my Playstyle. I STILL have been needing to do this ever since the Weapon Rebalancing ages ago. >_<

Last edited: Dec 28, 2016
  6. banksman45

banksman45 Rear Admiral

I think 8 drills would be better but I would like to see a larger drill . Maybe a drill that takes up 3x3 blocks so you won't need so many drills to make a big hole. (That's what she said) lol I know someone might say it so I'm just getting it out of the way.

7. banksman45

banksman45 Rear Admiral

My first attempt at a futuristic Tank HV. Screenshot (244).png Screenshot (245).png Screenshot (243).png

8. Robot Shark

Robot Shark Rear Admiral

The front end of that thing reminds me of a Sarcastic Fringehead.

[​IMG]

9. Super Saiyan Jesus

Super Saiyan Jesus Ensign

Do I seriously 8 jumps worth of Warp just to get from Akua to Masperon and back?

10. Moonsugar

Moonsugar Rear Admiral

Plain answer: Yes.
    Complex answer: You could alter the responsible .yaml flies. Somewhere in this forum was a thread, that mentioned in some subclause which one that is.And i think, some of the others here can give you competent answer about how to do that ;)
    Personal answer: I think this is pretty realistic, if you nail the max. jumping range on 25 AE. Our heliosphere has a diameter of about 100 AE, so this would be quite accurate. If you account for a solar system anything, thats gravitational bound to the sun, ours would be even larger: about 100thousand AE.

11. Tyrax Lightning

I'd love a 3x3 Drill for epic sized Mining HVs! :D

*Mock IGN* "6.5 outta 10. Not enough WaterTurrets." */Mock IGN* :p

Wow, interesting dude! Never heard of it before. Many thanks for the Share! :D

Which can get a peep wondering if these Solar System Changes are a prelude to the Empyrion Galaxy prepping to get bigger...?

banksman45 likes this.
  12. Kyrt Malthorn

Kyrt Malthorn Captain

Today I lamemted the fact that the only planet I'd consider pretty enough to make my home is the "easy mode" planet.

So... I came up with a way to make it much more interesting.

After falling in the escape pod, take the gun, anmo, emergency ration... and nothing else. Want to craft your own stuff? Have to get lucky and loot a core from a POI and claim an outpost with a constructor. Want to mine any ore? Find a drill.

This got interesting really fast.

Though I wouldn't be opposed to taking the survival constructor of only allowed to make bullets with it.

binhthuy71 and Tyrax Lightning like this.
  13. Tyrax Lightning

Oscutune not your cup of tea?

Also we must have different ideas of beauty, cause although I acknowledge Akua & Oscutune as pretty, I think Aestus looks pretty damn sexy too. :p;)

Kyrt Malthorn likes this.
  14. Kyrt Malthorn

Kyrt Malthorn Captain

Despite the months I've been playing this game, I've never left the starter planets, Akua and Omicron. I want to, I've just got a really bad case of stubborn - I have a lot of settings on hard, where they feel realistic to me, but whenever I die (legitimately, not bug induced) I quit and delete the game. This is odd for me, I'm not usually a hardcore challenge seeker, but in my mind that is how I have to balance out the ability to build whatever I want in the endgame: I have to fight my way to the top and then build & use my creations intelligently.

15. Tyrax Lightning

Ya oughta take a look see at Aestus sometime, even if only in Creative Mode. Ya might find it a Sexy Planet too. :p

I also dig Masperon, though it may be largely due to its having actual Lightning in it FTW. :D

16. Kyrt Malthorn

Kyrt Malthorn Captain

I've resisted visiting in creative mode because exploring blind is part of my motivation to continue playing survival. I don't like having undue foreknowledge of planets resources, POIs, etc.

17. Tyrax Lightning

Fair enough. :)

18. banksman45

banksman45 Rear Admiral

So if I add more turrets then that should get me at least a 7 or 7.5 ? lol I don't know what look I'm going for but I want it to be something heavy, big and mean.

19. banksman45

banksman45 Rear Admiral

Well until the devs add more planets, you could try some of the custom planets that some of the players are making. Now I do like Oscutune myself. You could build you a nice beach home or base on the beach and listen to the waves sound effects. It's kind of relaxing to me lol To be honest I could spend a months on Akua just doing survival stuff and never think about leaving the planet.

20. banksman45

banksman45 Rear Admiral

I don't know why but this ship makes me think of Dragon Ball Z but it's really cool. I like it.
    maxresdefault.jpg

Robot Shark and Tyrax Lightning like this.