What did you do in Empyrion today?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Slam Jones, Oct 17, 2015.

1. Neal

Neal Rear Admiral

No, it's my own design.
    But you are right, it bears some resemblance to the Excelsior, especially the engineering hull. But i always disliked the excelsiors proportions (i'm probably the only trek fan).
    The basic idea of this ship was to create a 25th century ship with some minor influences from the Excelsior and Galaxy but with more basic shapes. I hope it will end up looking good. :)

2. zaphodikus

zaphodikus Captain

I built a pretty long SV with lots of Truss blocks as a service lighting vehicle. Needed 12 RCS just to get it useable. Wonder if RCS is based on weight or on size?

Tyrax Lightning likes this.
  3. Wild_XIII

Wild_XIII Captain

Hah! I totally agree. This is what happens when you make something with a massive med bay and you're sat there thinking "You know what space is missing, ambulances!" :p

Tyrax Lightning and zaphodikus like this.
  4. Phoneus

Phoneus Lieutenant

Sorry, I should have been more clear. The ship in the shot is not the "behemoth" I mentioned. That is the ship I was trying to trade up from. Thanx, though. I'm getting the hang of it.

5. N99024

N99024 Captain

I've been playing on Masperon with essentially the hardest settings you can get. I only just started dying when I tried to enter the armory on the planet. Next time I'm just killing the POI's with a CV. Otherwise I took over a civilian POI and gained control of a few deposits without dying once.....

6. Tyrax Lightning

Tyrax Lightning Rear Admiral

I like Star Trek too. :)

Though in all honesty my fav Federation Ship Class is the Defiant Class. :)

There's times when I wonder the same.

Also i've Decommissioned my Spotlight Ships now that we have the Shoulder Light. I find myself using that now, it stays with me everywhere & is just a Button Press away anytime I need it. :)

For early game POI Assault, i'm becoming a big fan of the Mole Under & Assault from Below strat. :D

It's more fun to be able to just beat the hell outta the POI Turrets, but when you're at too low a Power Level to be able to pull that off, the Mole way is a damn useful Plan B(etter then no way in hell in.)! :p (Especially if you're dealing with POIs with nothing but Laser Turrets...)

For the Topic: HOLY HELL YEAH!!! I've FINALLY managed to get the hell outta the hellhole, Akua-R!!! :D (Despite my RL power going out several times in one evening... >_< )

Commencing making a Home in my chosen Planet of choice, [Classified], & i'll have to work DAMN hard at it.

Kyrt Malthorn likes this.
  7. Neal

Neal Rear Admiral

Altough i cannot say that i like it very much, i have made one too.
    I'd be curious what you think about my interpretation of it.

8. Mysh

Mysh Captain

I've created my first ship-trailer for the steam workshop. Do you like it? :)

9. Kieve

Kieve Rear Admiral

Not bad! Synched very well, decent music, and nothing terribly cringe-worthy :)
    A few pointers:
    -The cockpit (and therefor rotation point of your free-cam) is too far forward and leaves the ship hanging off the screen practically. For the video, I'd have recommended setting up a temporary cockpit in the middle of the ship, just to keep it centered on-screen. *I realize this may seem like "false advertising" or misrepresenting your ship, but for the sake of the cinematic I personally consider such minor adjustments acceptable. Obviously trying to fudge glaring oversights in the design is another story altogether.
    -Avoid "glitchy" things at all costs. The clip in the beginning where you fly through the green wall and the terrain reloads - don't do that. It doesn't just look bad in the video, but reflects badly on the game as well.
    -A smooth camera is key. That ending where you're jetpacking away from the ship comes across awkwardly because you keep correcting your view and orientation. Perhaps staying inside the CV in free-look mode and zooming out would've been better.
    -Whatever you're making, record a lot. Get twice or even three times as much footage as you need, and do multiple "takes" with any shot you really want to include.

Also, I haven't tried either the Magellan or Vespucci so the orientation came as a surprise - I honestly thought the thruster arms faced forwards. I've been looking at the ships backwards this whole time... [​IMG]

Tyrax Lightning and Mysh like this.
  10. Mysh

Mysh Captain

lol @backwards orientation :D

Thanks for the input and your lengthy reply! :)
    I noticed the glitch - but I was just too lazy to correct it. The Trailer was more or less a byproduct of a little guide I'm doing at the moment.

The idea with the centered cockpit for recording is awesome. Didn't come to my mind at any point. Thanks a lot for that. This will help with a whole bunch of things like screenshots, too.

//edit:
    I'd love to have some kind of editor for empy where you can specify camera movement like for example in a 3d rendering software. Haven't found a way to create smooth camera movements which aren't centered somewhere on the ship, yet. :/

Last edited: Jan 5, 2017
  11. Tyrax Lightning

& yet no Link? :p

12. banksman45

banksman45 Rear Admiral

The biggest showdown in SCI FI history. Who would win ? ;) I can't see it being a one sided battle. Screenshot (267).png Screenshot (268).png

13. Neal

Neal Rear Admiral

14. banksman45

banksman45 Rear Admiral

Very nice ship and beautiful trailer.

Mysh and Tyrax Lightning like this.
  15. Neal

Neal Rear Admiral

Seems familiar. :)
    What's the FOV you are using? Everything looks a bit distorted. :eek:

16. banksman45

banksman45 Rear Admiral

Yea that is your galaxy class and another players Daedalus. I think those are the best replicas of those two ships in the game. I had the FOV a little too high .lol

17. Slipstream

Slipstream Captain

Oh, you know, decided to build a version of the Valley Forge. FOOD FOR EVERYONE.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. Robot Shark

Robot Shark Rear Admiral

I had to tweak the lights, but I think my "Mining" CV works for nighttime mining now.

I wish that we had spotlights for CV's, no matter how I adjusted the lights on the underside of the head I could not get them to illuminate the ground properly. So, I mounted a light pole to the end of the "antenna".

20170104210851_1.jpg

19. binhthuy71

binhthuy71 Rear Admiral

A quest that I set for myself has me based on Skillon for a while. The change from snowy Ningues, site of my last base, is huge and I was inspired to whip up something appropriate for exploring Skillon's bone dry deserts.
    Skorp_SKillon.jpg
    My hat's off to the devs for making it so easy to build a viable, good performing HC. This is the second one I've designed and, even so, it works quite well. It has a passenger seat in case one of the Desert Worms wants to go for a ride.

20. Tyrax Lightning

Many thanks! I've Subscribed to it & will check it out when I have time. :)

Rockin! Ya solved your Mining Problem & have discovered how to make a Empyrion equivalent of a Old School Sci-Fi Ray Gun lookin dude at the same time! :D

Wow, cool lookin ride! :D

Though ya must be a hell of a lot more generous a dude then I... i'd never give a Desert Worm a ride even if they are pretty chill dudes... their Breath is atrocious. :p

Neal and binhthuy71 like this.