What did you do in Empyrion today?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Slam Jones, Oct 17, 2015.

1. Siege Inc.

Siege Inc. Rear Admiral

I've been working on a new ship the past few days. I really need to finish up all the projects I have laying around but in the meantime.....
    [​IMG]

There's still a lot left to do. I need to give the bridge area and those wings another pass and I haven't even touched the underside or the interior yet.

2. Tyrax Lightning

Tyrax Lightning Rear Admiral

Cool story! :D

With that said, seems how ya'all got a Battlegroup available for use, i'm surprised ya'all didn't leave someone in the CV Cockpit to man its Weapons in case of Incoming Trouble. ;)

For the Topic: The WASD Games Server is incoming on time to receive a Wipe to start its next Incarnation using all the recent goodies the Game's got. There's gonna be a Sunday Showdown of SVs vs SVs & CVs vs CVs & I have a Big Jack ready to go for the SV Category. I'm attempting to slap together a CV Build & see if I can make it into the CV Category as well, but if not, I still have one Entry at least.

3. Mysh

Mysh Captain

Made a rounded blocks basics tutorial :)

4. binhthuy71

binhthuy71 Rear Admiral

Love to see a vid of that event. Be fun if servers offered a spectator mode.

Zensai and Tyrax Lightning like this.
  5. Tyrax Lightning

I can try, but thus far my Win10 GameDVR Recordings have been seeming to Record fine as I Record then I stick them somewhere to View & they have some kinda Rendering Problem or some such or other that kinda injures their Quality. All efforts to figure out the problem & rectify it have failed. If my Memory doesn't choke, I can still make the attempt, but no promises on myself being worth watching.

binhthuy71 likes this.
  6. Zensai

Zensai Lieutenant

I did think about that.....after. LOL

Tyrax Lightning likes this.
  7. Tyrax Lightning

I know how 20/20 Hind Sight feels all too well. :)

Zensai and Aeri like this.
  8. Neal

Neal Rear Admiral

I just noticed that the Starbase i was working on for weeks, suddenly "contains forbidden blocks or has wrong version." :mad:

I was almost finished with the exteriors (except painting it, lol.)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

After finishing some walkways i wanted to do some (very) spaceous interiors for it.
    Although Blueprint menu said "contains forbidden blocks or has wrong version"i didn't expect that i could be possibly andthing wrong with it, since i worked on it until last week. So after loading it i didn't want to belive my own eyes:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Note the structure floating at the bottom was originally on top of the structure above. :mad:
    I was working for weeks on that thing... i guess i need a break.

9. Tyrax Lightning

Is that Bug ever gonna get fixed? :(

10. Neal

Neal Rear Admiral

I don't care. Really i'm furious.
    I'll better stop writing, for today...

Just one thing for today:
    I have just published my very first non Trek, non Starflight or whatever ship. My own design.
    Here it is: The Messenger

[​IMG]
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=852319029

If you like it give it a thumbs up, if not.. then well, no thumbs up.:)
    If you have any questions, critics or suggestions about it, please let me know.

I'll need a break for today.

11. Booyaah

Booyaah Captain

I like long walks on the beach and 'late night drunken no helmet chainsaw duels on the moon'

[​IMG]

12. CocoCincinnati

CocoCincinnati Lieutenant

I was doing a complete redesign of the engineering section, going along with the multi tool removing all the blocks as fast as I could. I wasn't thinking ahead and when I hit the core it simultaneously turned the gravity off and made the vessel public but I kept going until I noticed what was happening.....instead of getting whole blocks I started getting components and my inventory was already full. It took me a second to realize that those little things started floating off in all different directions, they ended up in all four corners of the room and I had to hunt them all down. It was pretty cool, I love the little things in this game.

ZeroG.jpg

13. binhthuy71

binhthuy71 Rear Admiral

View attachment 18371 Finished my base on Zeyhines today. My CV and HV are on the ground just out of the shot. Without meaning to, I've picked up a goodly number of planks and thus the heavy use of wood. Drones haven't been a problem. I have two flak cannons in place plus the CV idling nearby.
    TOUR_Zeyhines.png

14. Siege Inc.

Siege Inc. Rear Admiral

I got a lot more work done on my CV today. The exterior is done and I'm currently poking around the interiors of various Space Moles ships looking for inspiration. I'm kind of bad when it comes to designing interiors so it's slow going.

I *love* the open deck plan running down the middle of the Geirrid and the Fenrir is just fantastic. Both ships could use more lift/thrusters though. Also the Typhon is indeed a monster.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2017
  15. Tyrax Lightning

I finally got a chance to test Big Jack in PvP SV vs SV Combat. He lost, but still managed to do his job at providing much needed Data. Also I screwed up & forgot to Vid the fight. >_<

16. Kieve

Kieve Rear Admiral

Haven't posted in a while, may as well share.

Owing to some behind-the-scenes stuff I can't discuss, I've been working with POI structures lately. Since most of my survival bases are already planned around navigation and ease-of-use, it's become second nature to keep in mind player progression through a structure. That being said, balance is the real trick, since the current state of enemies means "overwhelming" firepower from too many Xirax, turret-bots, or sentry guns is almost certain death. Loot balance is likewise a consideration (I lean a bit on the generous side, since many of the default POIs seem hardly worth the trouble).

So with that in mind, I give you the current status of the "Thanatos" set.
    Thanatos Bunker:
    Thanatos A (4).jpg (Completed)
    The first and currently smallest installation. Nothing impressive, just trying to define a style - "cutting my teeth" as it were. Past the exterior turrets, only light defenses - a few sentry turrets and some turret robots. Very moderate loot.

Thanatos Comm Station:
    Thanatos A (5).jpg
    (Completed)
    Built on the same foundation as the Bunker, but the interior is almost entirely reworked. Two floors, but lots of cover inside. Unfortunately, that cover is low-HP deco or cargo boxes, so don't use it for an extended firefight!

Thanatos Fortress:
    Thanatos A (6).jpg
    (Completed)
    Getting the hang of underground structures. Not much to look at from the outside, the real danger is through the doors. Heavy opposition, but fairly straightforward pathing. A couple hidden locations and lots of loot, but between sentries and spawners, you'll definitely have to earn it.

Thanatos Supply Station:
    Thanatos A (3).jpg
    (WIP)
    Most of today's work. Larger structure, all above ground. Heavily defended, but most of the containers will be exposed, so precision is a must. Flinging rockets everywhere will lose you most of your spoils.

Thanatos Cruiser:
    Thanatos A (2).jpg
    (WIP)
    Intended for "AI Freighter" use, a few of these should keep the space playfields interesting and dangerous.

17. garath

garath Lieutenant

Accidentally fired the multi tool at my refrigerator full of maybe 40 cans of vegetables and destroyed it. Stupidly, tried to quit and reload. Came back to find everything was gone. Oops! Oh well. Subnautica is calling my name anyways. LOL

Tyrax Lightning and binhthuy71 like this.
  18. rainyday

rainyday Rear Admiral

Gathering resources. That was pretty much my day today.

[​IMG]
    Working thru the night.

[​IMG]
    Hydrogen generators. All 20 of them. Gotta have fusion fuel.

[​IMG]
    Farming (including fiber! yay!).

[​IMG]
    And of course mining. Also deployed all my auto miners.

[​IMG]
    "OreMaster2000" in use. Six constructors on a cheap HV platform, chewing out ingots as I mine. Same platform with 12 large cargo boxes in the background.

19. Tyrax Lightning

Last time I looked in the Mobile Constructor Recipes, it couldn't process Ores into Ingots, Magnesium Ore into Magnesium Powder, or Promethium into its Pellets... has this been changed? (Also, I still miss it being able to make Salami on-the-go. :()

20. rainyday

rainyday Rear Admiral

Oh it does all that, even the salami. It even makes you a cup of coffee!