What did you do in Empyrion today?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Slam Jones, Oct 17, 2015.

1. =TCR= Big_Red

=TCR= Big_Red Rear Admiral

Lighted Lighted lighted coloured blocks.

2. Tyrax Lightning

Tyrax Lightning Rear Admiral

???

3. Rayah

Rayah Lieutenant

Those red blocks on the two sides that are glowing (blue on the back side). I figured anything that can be made in creative could also be made in survival.

Tyrax Lightning likes this.
  4. =TCR= Big_Red

There not in survival.

5. viking17791

viking17791 Lieutenant

You build with the usual white light blocks, then use the color tool to change color

Krenios likes this.
  6. Slam Jones

Slam Jones Rear Admiral

Built a new CV Warship for Red team for Red vs Blue.

It's named the Goblin.

[​IMG]

7. Tyrax Lightning

Huh, maybe i'm not familiar with the particular Light Blocks being mentioned.

Anyway...

I decided to practice my Raiding more on a Alien Power Station, It turns out it's a bit trickier to Rocket Launcher Turrets then I thought, but when I do they just can't take the hit. The lone Turret on the Power Station got a lump or two on me but then took a Rocket to the face & had a blast... of a kind it didn't like. I got into the Station & made short work of it. (That includes looting it through & through.) Also noticed to my amusement that my HV Gun locked onto to & fired on the Station & I investigated where it was attacking after pulling it away to make it quit eating ammo & discovered to my amusement that it was detecting & trying to attack the Base Core. That made for a easy Core find! :D

Next I took my HV to a Weapons Factory within sight of the Power Station & parked my HV a ways away with a Ridge or two between it & the Base Turrets. I commenced work on luring the Drones away to be picked off, & after the first one of these a Drone Transport attacked. I tried out my Rocket Launcher on it but it did its thing of dropping off absolutely nothing then was on its way. Are Drone Transports invincible? After this my Mom called me away from my Computer for a bit to do her a favor, so I went into my offline HV's Cockpit to avoid Plant Monster death & saw all clear around my proximity on my Minimap. I swear I was gone between one & two minutes & was over 600 Meters from that Base, yet I came back to find myself dead & Respawned near death point. (Thanks Mom. :/ Is this game's SP ever gonna gain Pause power?) I ran to my Backpack as a insolent punk Cannon Drone was eyeballing its handiwork after having killed my Cockpit. (Fortunately I had spares in the Cargo Crates after deciding I didn't like having to foot it over half the Planet, make the things, then foot it over half the Planet back to the HV praying it wasn't found DOA, & I also keep spare Cores too for good measure now. One spare Cockpit & Core in each of the 2 Crates.) I hoofed it to my Backpack, rammed my Minigun into Hotbar Slot 1, then jammed the Loot All button then took evasive measures as the Cannon Drone was pelting me. Finally I found a chance & counterattacked & blew it into parts. A bit after I healed up & got my Hotbar & Inventory re-sorted another Drone Transport attacked, this time dropping off a Crawler & 3 Soldiers. The Crawler spotted me immediately & charged me, but answered to my Minigun, then I crept up on the Soldiers & downed 2 easy enough with the Minigun... thanks for letting me Ridge Cover wipe ya suckers. Had a bit of trouble locating the third one & it started pelting me before I finally found & scrubbed him. Looted them all then healed up, then brought out my Rocket Launcher & found a good Ridge to Rocket the Base Turrets down from till they all bit the dust.

I assaulted the inside of the Weapons Factory, downing foe after foe. Damn this place is laggy! One of the Soldiers glitched up & got stuck in its falling down animation after it was the third soldier in a stack of 3 sitting in one spot Miniguned down. There was more then one bunched up group of 3 & Miniguning all 3 of them at the same time each time got me the rest of my Levels amazingly fast, all the way to 20! (From L15) Got everything unlocked now! :D A bit deeper down I found an Elevator goin up & I looked up it & didn't seem that useful, so I opted to go deeper down. Eventually found a Elevator goin downwards & went down it & through Windows lining the Elevator (It woulda been smarter for the Aliens to point the Tint Side towards me, the Intruder, not themselves. No complaints here.) saw a Solder & 2 Trolley Drones. (I think that's what Lift Pizzas calls them if I remember right...) I exited down & Miniguned the Soldier & almost got him down but realized I was taking damage too fast, & tried to get back up the Elevator to heal but died. As I died I suddenly saw a Soldier come up to me from my left I never saw. I Respawned near Death Point & got back inside to the Elevator & was able to go down it enough to get my Backpack but short of being targetable. I re-sorted my Inventory again & decided if that's how it's gonna be, so be it. No more nice tactics. I blew through the Windows & gunned them down 1 by 1 & destroyed them all, this took out one of the Elevator Sections but so be it. I dropped down all the way & advanced cautiously. Good thing I did, there was an Armored Golem around the Corner, but moving away from me. I cautiously went around the rest of the Corridor & downed Turrets hiding around the bend. By then I was almost outta Minigun Ammo & Rockets both. I examined the area & pondered the Golem, then decided to not risk being reckless with him cause I saw how much beating they could take on Lift Pizza's Let's Plays. Instead I opted to fall back outta the Base to my HV & return to my Base to drop off loot, re-ammo, & re-prepare.

While I was at it, I decided to build a Laser Rifle & Ammo for it to try out. Also had to replace a full Hull Block from the bottom of my HV I somehow busted off. Got more Medkits made too from all the plant picking I did as I HVed around. Still had my doubts about the Rocket Launcher T2, but grudgingly decided I could at least try it, so I made one & subbed my Rocket Launcher T1 for it. Also my HV Minigun had spent all its Ammo so I decided to answer to curiosity & R&R the Minigun off & try out the HV Rocket Launcher & Ammo for it. Got to try out the Laser Rifle on a Drone from quite a ways away & seems not too shabby, though not super accurate even at 200 to 250 Meters. Still like the Scope on it & holds a good amount of ammo per Inventory Slot for it so decided its a keeper. Returned to the Weapons Factory & tried out the Rocket Launcher T2 on it, then finally understood why it was supposed to be an Upgrade even though I still think it's dino pie for it to have worse Reload Time then its T1 pal... it has far faster firing speed! Still, the Armored Golem sat there like a dufus but was taking the damage like a champ. I tried the Minigun on it & that ripped him apart. Looks like the Minigun is the best way to go vs them. (Armored Golem's damage taking power rocks so much. I wonder if they could survive even a CV Artillery Turret direct hit if one could find a way to lug one of those suckers into Space to test with? I'd love some of those dudes on MY Side.) The dude gave me some good fat loot & I moved in deeper.

Shortly afterwards I was goin down more Elevators & blew my way through more Doors. In a room past them I found the Core & my Rocket Launcher T2 made its destruction extra fun as always. Woot, lag gone! Two more Siderooms cleared then looted, well almost, ran outta Inventory Space, then back out to my HV to drop off Loot in it then return inside, R&R Tooling out more loot then clearing the last bit of loot in that last Alien Container.

Took my HV to a Alien Factory & found my Rocket Launcher T2 fun to use vs all its Turrets cause this Base was stupid & stuck itself a bit into a Hillside so it was hilariously simple for me to stick my HV around up the Mountain & get a ludicrous 150ish meters from the Factory & still be safe from the Turrets. This made it easy peasy to lure its lone Drone out & see what this HV Rocket Launcher could do. Drone came over the Mountain Peak Ridge bout 50ish Meters away & opened fire as my HV Rocket Launcher did the same. It scored 3 direct hits & no misses & got me some more free Parts. That's my good boy. I left my HV on that Ridge & Rocket Launchered most of the Turrets easily enough, then Jetpacked onto the Roof & went across & found one more Turret & blew its lack of brains out from behind & a bit above it from shotgun range. Teach those stupid Aliens how dumb it is to stick a building into a mountainside but not have that mountain over the Base. Went around the perimeter deciding how to go in... the back way or the front way. I try the front way, which meant Jetpacking up & into what looked like a Hangar. I start Miniguning a Soldier & just kill it but die realizing too late there were 2 others to my left... I Respawn near death point, get my HV & use its Rocket Launcher to blow the other 2 to bits. Took more Rockets then I thought really good, but still got the job done & cleared me to be able to get my Backpack & save my stuff again. Re-sorted Inventory AGAIN... then blew my way through the front door. Just 2 Sentry Guns inside, Rocket Launcher food. Blow my way through a door on the other side & murder 3 Crawlers, the back door becoming a casualty as well. 2 of them bug & do some kinda screwy fast up & down jitters instead of collapse onto the ground. I blow my way through a side door & destroy a Crawler & 2 Soldiers. Blow my way through the other door & find nothing relevant. Seems like everywhere, where's the Core...? I try looking above & opening my way into its little Towers but they turn out to be solid. I go back down & look some more & decide this room with all the machines seems the only other plausible Core Placement. I try blowing up floor below the Generator with my Rocket Launcher & finally find the Core hiding under its end & put it outta its misery. Place promptly looted then I return to base to re-prepare again & just for the halibut decide to make a second Hover Engine & stick it onto the bottom of my HV just cause I can.

The Boss Battle of Akua, the Drone Base, is the only remaining Alien Refuge...

Ya makin stuff for Blue, then Red... ya like some kinda Arms Dealer on this Server selling to both sides for profit? :p

Last edited: Feb 9, 2016
    viking17791 likes this.
  8. viking17791

viking17791 Lieutenant

[QUOTE="Tyrax Lightning, post: 39023, member: 8291" Nice keep up the good work:), pause/break in SP are on your key board, on top right side. Good luck on your attack to the Drone base

9. =TCR= Big_Red

OK thanks for your help will try.

10. Slam Jones

Slam Jones Rear Admiral

If I made anything for Blue team, then it was by accident :p I'm actually leading the Red Team.

We do have a Black Market Trader, but he hasn't fully set up shop yet.

Also, here's another one in process (Destroyer-class, 112 blocks long), currently named the Gargoyle

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. Tyrax Lightning

I have assaulted the Drone Base! Once again the stupidity was real & the Base was up next to Mountains, so it was easy to get up the opposite mountain side & use the top ridge of it as cover as I Rocketed down the Turrets one by one. Tried to kill the Drone Transport again, but it was still acting like it was invincible, as if guarded by Plot Armor. I Boarded the top of the place & downed a Soldier promptly, & then found the dang sloped blocks too much to run up, so I Jetpacked over them... right into 3 Soldiers at once... Killed one as I fell back & healed up. Went back in & killed the second one then died to the third one cause i'm an idiot & forgot that the Health Kits take time to take effect & aren't instantaneous. This is what I get by not warming up on something before attacking the Drone Base. I Respawned near Death Point & the game thought it'd be funny to park me on the ground near the Base on the one side of it that had 1 Turret Left I had overlooked... it got 2 good hits on me & nearly did me in again, but somehow I barely escaped it. (Again, thanks Mountain Cover! Yet again why the Alien's Drone Base Positioning was idiotic. :p) I got into my HV & used it to kill the last Soldier so I could get my stuff safely, then got my stuff safely. Re-Sorted & fixed my Inventory & Hotbars then snuck around the perimeter of the top of the Base & shoved a Rocket up that last Turret's Nose with extreme vehemence.

There were 2 Elevators. I went down the closer one first, & downed everything in there easily enough. Noticed another Elevator goin down further while stuff that sounded like Turrets kept trying to shoot me through walls. This made me wonder what was down the other Elevator so I traveled back to the other Elevator & went down it. Killed a lone Turret then 4 Alien Containers of loot were mine for the taking... ended up already having to store loot in my HV.

Back down the first Elevator I go then down the second Elevator & bust in & bust the place up bit by bit. The Minigun's especially nice in narrow hallways, & turned out most of the rest of the place was just that! Before long I found the Core & blew it to bits, & lo & behold the game refused to tell me the Drone Attacks were through... o_O Hope it was just a bug & I actually HAVE conquered Akua.

Time to mine a ton of Iron, make a ton of Metal Plates, then make my first Survival SV, then CV... :D

Last edited: Feb 10, 2016
    =TCR= Big_Red and Rayah like this.
  12. Yolofessional

Yolofessional Captain

the drums of war beat louder

2016-02-09_00002.jpg

13. Slam Jones

Slam Jones Rear Admiral

That they do.

Here's a side-by-side comparison of the Blue Team (top) and Red Team (bottom) Frigate-class capital vessel warships.
    Blue Team's Lancet Frigate is still under construction, as you can see, but Red Team's Goblin Frigate is ready to go, along with a few friends.

[​IMG]

We're hoping to start battles soon, so if you haven't yet, be sure to check out the Red vs Blue dedicated server and join us!

14. piddlefoot

piddlefoot Rear Admiral

15. Boss_CyAn1d3

Boss_CyAn1d3 Commander

well if you have any need for good infantry, let me know :)

Slam Jones and Tyrax Lightning like this.
  16. Tyrax Lightning

If my RL would ever let me, it'd be cool to check out the MP side of this game... I still hope to someday get to take up that Invite i've gotten before to check out the Eleon Test Server. Also the Goblin Frigate looks epic! :)

Got my Survival Mode SV done now, turned out I didn't need to mine Iron first after all, but will need to before making my first Survival Mode CV. Tyrax Starter SV is now on Steam Workshop. Question: Even with the Workshop implemented now, would peeps still like me to also stick my creations in a zip file & stick them into my Posts as well?

Slam Jones likes this.
  17. Slam Jones

Slam Jones Rear Admiral

Been busy at work, almost got another ship ready: the Wyrmic-Class Cruiser. About 156 block in legnth.

[​IMG]

18. Tyrax Lightning

I did some major experimenting with CV Weapons in Creative Mode, trying to decide how to go about my future Manual Weapon Use on a future CV. Think some rough idea of a plan is forming...

Then in Survival I took my humble little Starter SV & test drove it in Space, my first Survival Trip into it since I crash landed at the beginning of the game... cause i'm no damn Captain apparently. (Seriously, again, who the hell made ME a Captain anyway?) I tried out my two Rocket Launchers out on the Space Drones, & found out trying to hit the suckers is damn hard even at stupidly close range... forget about sniping them from long range. Rocket Launchers might be better for Bombardment. *Makes mental note in head* I down all of them & amusingly only the last one I fight ever even fights back at me, but I take only minor damage. Easy enough to Helm on, Jetpack on, hop out & fix stuff real quick.

Next I try scouting this Station I find & at first wonder if it's not even hostile... then I pull up right in front of a Cannon Turret that opens fire on me & pelts me good before I get my Rocket Launchers lined up on it & murder it. I find another one on the other side in a same kinda placement & make short work of it too, then hop out & repair my Ship again. I set my Ship down over the Station till it's hovering just over a parking area, use its Rocket Launchers to blow the door in front of me open, then hop out & storm in with my Minigun. I search the place through & through but am damn surprised there's no hostiles inside at all! I find the Core at the bottom & feed it a Rocket... which it promptly finds not appetizing, then the Base is Neutralized. I'm pondering if i'd wanna claim it as my own & use its Plots to grow me some Pumpkins. MMMMMmmmmmmm... Space Pumpkins... :p (Never did get around to making any space in my tiny tiny little Temp Akua Base for any Plots... I just eat Dinos for breakfast, lunch, & dinner, & occasionally bugs & slimes.)

Next I decide to check out the Moon. Managed to explore about roughly half of it thus far & have found a few Alien POIs including a Drone Base. Also found & looted a Crashed Ship. Mined up some Neodymium so i'll maybe have all of it i'll ever really need. Undecided on if i'll bother downing the Alien POIs... not sure if it'll really be worth the trouble. What I REALLY want is those Ores that'll let me make Power Coils... *Sets sights on Aestus...*

Back on Akua again & at my Base I repair damage to my Ship from Moon Drone Battles, including a lost Rocket Launcher, & next I play i'll REALLY now have to mine up lots of Iron cause my Iron Supply is now on the verge of defeat. Also getting kinda low on Magnesium & want much more of that too.

19. =TCR= Big_Red

AukaII is finished. On to the next one.

AukaII
    [​IMG]
    Notice I put the ship in the light so it can be seen. Hint Hint....

20. Davethsly

Davethsly Lieutenant

She's a good little ship