What did you do in Empyrion today?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Slam Jones, Oct 17, 2015.

1. Russell

Russell Commander

A bit contrary, people worried about there being too much loot, when you can disassemble the whole base anyway. In my view there is too little loot now. I get the feeling this sort of complaint comes more from people who have played the game for a while, which undermines their argument, as they are looking for more of a challenge. Not sure if the level of loot is adjusted for game difficulty level.

Also I've found plenty of space orange, corn, wheat sprouts in my travels on two planets now, but still no tomato or pumpkin, which is not really related to loot levels, but loot mix. I wonder if there is a deliberate effort to move away from the traditional crops? Thing is there they need a replacement for the long life of the current canned goods.

Siege Inc. and Tyrax Lightning like this.
  2. Slipstream

Slipstream Captain

I got one of my own ship designs into the game as an AI freighter on my custom server. BLISS.

Kieve, banksman45, binhthuy71 and 2 others like this.
  3. Tyrax Lightning

Tyrax Lightning Rear Admiral

Well, to be fair, those Wrecks were gotten to by the Aliens first after the Aliens CAUSED the Crash of those Ships in the first place, according to current Empyrion Story Lore. ;)

Totally fair. I miss being able to mount a REAL amount of Rail Guns.

Last I heard, ANYTHING ya grow & eat from a Grow Plot is guaranteed safe. If a Grow Plot Food ever Food Poisons ya, it's Bug Report worthy.

No ya haven't. On my WASD Games Server play, I once found a Pentaxid Ore Vein reading "100% of 0" on the Omicron-R Moon. XD

I was afraid to mess with it fearing if it'd do some kinda hellish Bug Damage to that Playfield, & at the time I was desperate to escape that Hell Hole & flee the -R Area to safety from the Monday Auto-Reset.

Amen. :)

Hmm... that's an interesting question...

Mysh and Russell like this.
  4. Siege Inc.

Siege Inc. Rear Admiral

They need to add a variety of canned goods then. Then they could add complexity by requiring players consume a variety consisting of protein, a vegetable, and fruit.

5. Tyrax Lightning

Oh yeah, also meant to mention prior Post, that For the Topic: On my WASD Games Server play, I have escaped the Hell Hole called Omicron-R, not only saving me from the Doom of the Monday Auto-Reset before Dad could come home & screw me outta opportunity to be able to MP Play any more before the Auto-Reset's next happening, but this also marks the momentous for me occasion of this being my first ever time i've ever successfully Started on Omicron & successfully escaped it with 0 Deaths! :D

I'll understand if ya Survival badass Ningues/Masperon Starters are snickering at me, but this is a big deal for me to succeed at this kinda effort when I suck at Surviving, not dying, & avoiding getting myself the hell beaten up. :p

My RL's been hell on me the last couple days, including but not limited to my Dad suffering a Light Heart Attack yesterday & being damn lucky his Co-Worker Boss was with him at the time to get him to the Hospital, working in Cahoots with Boss Funinator to get my new Custom Planet made, keeping my Mom cared for while we had to go to Appointments for her on TWO of the days this last Week, & such... so as such, it's a damn miracle I got the Escape done in time to flee the Auto-Reset, & I have paid for it... I have stayed up overlong commencing the Escape & last night was extra bad worrying about my Dad that always has to act like a damn Rambo He-Man. :( My new Custom Planet will be a bright spot for me though next time I get to Server Play... Getting this Custom Planet does NOT mean I get to Own it, but it does mean it'll get to be a comfy fun place for my House Base & for my being my Home on the Server. :)

binhthuy71 and Russell like this.
  6. Russell

Russell Commander

Found tomato and pumpkin sprouts in the Akua village people. Real proud of myself :( . Had to wipe them out twice before I got tomato.

Tyrax Lightning and binhthuy71 like this.
  7. rainyday

rainyday Rear Admiral

Well, what wouldn't a space survivor do for a tomato! :p

- - - - - - - - -

I was glad that I got the crashing-when-encountering-zirax to stop (well, not actually stop - it's still there - just the correct graphic settings that It won't happen at the moment) so I wen't raiding some POI's.

Built a small vessel and went straight to Drone Base. Man, that combat is challenging - and not because you are rubbish or unprepared - but the enemies are just unfair with their inhuman reflexes and never failing aim. And god I hate those sentry turrets... Sometimes I just want to level the POI with my rockets without even setting a foot inside until the core is gone... :rolleyes:

Well today I was close to do that. I died while clearing the upstairs on foot. A lot. That got me angry and I decided no more - and tried a new approach.

[​IMG]
    Making a hole big enough to fit through to the lower level.

[​IMG]
    ... and were there! Clearing the lower room with rockets was satisfying. I mean SO satisfying! Maybe I got rid of few containers by accident - I don't care - I still got an Epic Pistol!

[​IMG]
    My Steam screeshots folder is full of 'Empyrion sunrise/sunset' screenshots :p This image is taken when I was heading to the Drone Base. My cockpit was lot more 'airy' when heading back. I learnt that normal glass might as well not be there if you have a combat vessel, its just so fragile (duh!) .

- - - - -

Im liking my stay at Ningues. There's a bit of an challenge but its not unfair. The survival part of the game was much longer and I really did have to evade troop transports and drones as I were looting the few civilian POI's (that are not right next to enemy POI's). Small deposits (even on medium). Ammo is limited, iron is limited, fuel is limited. Have to think what you build. Do I need this right now? Do I need something else more? Food is not for granted, you have to hunt unless you find civilian POI's with growing plots.

Now Im starting to be at the point where I can get upper hand on the enemy POI's (especially with the drone base down) but I still have to watch my resources - especially Promethium. I've only built small (mostly wooden) base and two quite resource light vessels (HV and SV) - and it's not like I am still swimming in resources, not even close. That will probably change - as it should - as I mow down more of the enemy POI's and 'liberate' the civilian ones.

Next step after some resource gathering, either CV miner or well equipped SV to do some space exploration.

8. binhthuy71

binhthuy71 Rear Admiral

Yep, I too feel bad if I'm forced to kill a Talon Guardian. I console my self with the fact that they will respawn.

Russell and Tyrax Lightning like this.
  9. Frigidman

Frigidman Rear Admiral

You could upgrade them to armored glass... last a bit longer.
    Any reason why you have the tint flipped backwards on some of those panels?

binhthuy71 and Tyrax Lightning like this.
  10. Tyrax Lightning

Same, they are pretty chill dudes... except for that one time I downed a animal something for food & somehow that pissed off 3+ Talon Guardians that were nearby, & I know for a fact I did not hit them with accidental stray fire because I made damn well sure to avoid having the Talon Guardians in my Idiotic Starter Pistol LoS as per Gun Safety Sense.

11. Frigidman

Frigidman Rear Admiral

If it moves. It dies.

;)

And sometimes even if it doesn't move... it dies.

Neal, Siege Inc. and Tyrax Lightning like this.
  12. Siege Inc.

Siege Inc. Rear Admiral

You ever get a few hours into texturing and painting something and decide it looks like crap? Yeah. 'Course if we had a wide brush option for texture/paint that would have taken about 2 minutes. Also, I'd really like more textures/colors now kthx.

But anyways......Got about a third of the outside of the ship painted now.
    [​IMG]

A few shots of the interior: couple shots of the hangar bays, the engineering section, and one of the bridges. The ship actually has three bridges...one up front and two up top(one of which is enclosed and kind of reminds me of a submarine's command area).
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. rainyday

rainyday Rear Admiral

@Siege Inc. Looking good! I like the creativity in the inside too - like stacking different containers and using the antennas inside.

Neal, Siege Inc. and Tyrax Lightning like this.
  14. rainyday

rainyday Rear Admiral

Yeah, thats my plan to upgrade them. Just got Advanced Constructor.

No reason why they are flipped - its just hard to tell which way around they are as you build. Couldn't be bothered to change them as I knew they wouldn't be long for this world :p

Frigidman and Tyrax Lightning like this.
  15. Neal

Neal Rear Admiral

Working on the big brother of the Messenger and i have learned to passionately hate the availlable turrets, since they ruin every shape i come up with lol.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 5, 2017
  16. Neal

Neal Rear Admiral

Impressive!
    Those pipes look really confusing, but nice.
    You're certainly not doing tings by halves.
    I especially like the interior and the bridge/command area. Reminds me at a certain ships bridge. :)

Really nice work!

Siege Inc. and Tyrax Lightning like this.
  17. rainyday

rainyday Rear Admiral

I repaired my SV. Its not my finest hour to be honest - I thought about re-designing it (again). But I couldn't make it look compact and sleek at the same time. So I just thought heck with it and slapped some paint onto it and called it a day. So let me present you... Fighting Cock! :cool:

[​IMG]
    It has taken out a Drone Base so don't let the silly looks fool ya!

[​IMG]
    Also did a new miner design. Still needs finishing touches but its pretty much done otherwise. Trying out whether I actually NEED 6 drills or not.

18. Siege Inc.

Siege Inc. Rear Admiral

Thanks! Yeah I wasn't intending to copy the Enterprise bridge but once I realized what I'd done I just kind of shrugged. :)

And I hear you about the turrets. I'd love some big battleship type turrets and the smaller type ones that have the enclosed housing and a couple barrels sticking out. I hope they plan on adding more options in the future. Because really, if I ever get around to making the space battleship Yamato those are the only type of turrets that are going to work.

Thanks! I was going for a kind of Star Warsy thing with the antennas and I don't know if anyone noticed but the round interior lights fit perfectly on the end of those long containers attached to the warp core. I think it makes for a nice effect.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2017
    Tyrax Lightning, rainyday and Neal like this.
  19. banksman45

banksman45 Rear Admiral

I've tried some of the Star trek ships on the workshop. It's PRETTY EPIC!!!! To see those type of ships flying around with drones guarding them.

Tyrax Lightning likes this.
  20. banksman45

banksman45 Rear Admiral

I tried out the new Stairs railing in the 5.3 update on my survival CV that I'm building. Although it's a little change it adds a lot to a ships bridge.
    Screenshot (318).png
    Screenshot (319).png