What did you do in Empyrion today?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Slam Jones, Oct 17, 2015.

1. SilvRav

SilvRav Moderator

you welcome to visit...south African based server

Tyrax Lightning likes this.
  2. Tyrax Lightning

Tyrax Lightning Rear Admiral

A likely story. :p

Honestly fixing it isn't really worth the effort... instead all use of the obsolete blocks should instead eventually go extinct & no longer be a something that happens anymore someday.

That oughta make for some pretty Carnage. :D

For the Topic: Doh! Boss Funinator had to Reset the Server... I have to escape the Hell Hole of Omicron-R again. >_<

3. Siege Inc.

Siege Inc. Rear Admiral

Whether it's worth fixing depends on how many of the old blueprints they want to update. I understand a number of their POIs still use obsolete blocks. There may come a point where it's necessary to update them. In any case it sure would make updating really old blueprints a lot easier. :)

4. Slipstream

Slipstream Captain

Siege Inc. and Tyrax Lightning like this.
  5. Cotoktoto

Cotoktoto Commander

Today I made futuristic version of concrete delivery truck. It works similar to our today's equivalents, mixture of cement is poured into the wooden mold, after the concrete dry, you can remove planks and you have a solid wall.

[​IMG]

As usually with my designs, some internal features are incorporated. Few pictures from under construction phase and the final product.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

What I like about it the most, is bottom cabin placement, which give pilot very good view on working area beneath the ship.

[​IMG]

6. Booyaah

Booyaah Captain

Kind of annoyed at new HWS rules being retroactively imposed on existing structures right now instead of just waiting for 6.0 wipe. They are now requiring everyone to shrink all existing structures down to class 4 or they will delete them. Redid my space station and 1 of my ships, now having to multitool 9 decks of service tunnels because rounded blocks cost too many tris. :(

[​IMG]

Tyrax Lightning and banksman45 like this.
  7. AndyK

AndyK Commander

Hi all, first post. Used to play Space Engineers. Dev's ruined it. E is so much better so far. Today I dug an underground cave for an underground base, with built in hanger. You can place blocks ANYWHERE. OMG after Space Engineers this is LITERALLY like moving from North Korea to South Korea. Or at least from North Carolina to South Carolina. But better.

Oh, weird thing happened. Building an SV I started deleting stuff on the back. So it fell over and is now laying ON ITS REAR END, pointing straight up and I think its wedged in under the hanger door! I can't for the life of me move it without taking the ship apart. I know I could just do a blueprint but that would be cheating. I'm adding weight to the front end but it looks pretty stuck. Friggin hilarious to see though I am easily entertained.

Finally, I'm thinking of building an SV that acts like a lift/platform that can let me get at blocks underneath. Does anyone have a better idea? I was thinking of using miniguns as the platform because their turrets move. Though I could see a potential problem when the drones attack. So I'll have to turn that off in the control panel.

Tyrax Lightning and banksman45 like this.
  8. banksman45

banksman45 Rear Admiral

Why not look for another server that doesn't have those restrictions in place? There has got to be a few out there.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2017
  9. banksman45

banksman45 Rear Admiral

If you're ok with playing with a small amount of players then you should give this guy's Server a try. He doesn't have many people on his server but the ships and bases he builds on his server are massive. So I doubt he has many restrictions if any. His space station alone is built close to the size limit of the game and he didn't use a Base core he used a CV core so the Station as big as it can fly. lol
    You have to send him a message to get access to his server. His community is pretty friendly
    Here is his Steam community page if you would like to join his server.

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/WolvesCommunityServers
    ]
    Here is one of his daily Empyrion videos that releases every morning.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2017
  10. Tyrax Lightning

They coulda at least gave more advance warning... :(

*CoughWASDGamesServerCough* :p

11. banksman45

banksman45 Rear Admiral

HAHA ALL I had to do is wait and Tyrax would provide the answers . Thanks Dude!!! Do you guys have a lot of players on your server? I might want to try it out.

12. banksman45

banksman45 Rear Admiral

Thanks to Tyrax . You now have the name of two Servers that doesn't have those type of restrictions that you can switch to if you want. ;) This game has a great community.

13. Lonnehart

Lonnehart Commander

Well... posted a vid of the aftermath of my salvage op of that missile silo.

Also, a coworker last night pestered me about why I won't buy No Man's Sky, citing how graphically superior it is. What shut him up? I asked him if he can build his own ships in the game (building my own equipment is a big selling point for me). He shut up about the subject after that.

14. Captain Jack II

Captain Jack II Rear Admiral

If NMS and Empyrion had a baby, I'd risk prison to have my way with it.

Ballard, Pantera and Robot Shark like this.
  15. Tyrax Lightning

As of the time of this Post, when I logged onto the Server there were over 20 Players on it, which then moments later ended up including me myself. :p

Yep, I asked Funinator about the Size Class thing when the change that'd move the Size Classes to 10 Tiers was Incoming & he said something like "There will be no Size Class Restriction. My Server is a total Badass & will handle it.". I wish I could remember the exact Quote of the Response... my Memory swears to me that it made the RL me grin when I heard it. :D

Gameplay > Graphics. :)

Woah, dude... that's NOT clean thinking... :eek: (& if ya were kidding when ya said that, ya need to Flag it as such properly, this is the Internet, where Voice Tone & Body Language & such have no home...)

Robot Shark and banksman45 like this.
  16. banksman45

banksman45 Rear Admiral

The best response from a Server Admin " My Server is total Badass and will handle it" . That is what i want to hear from a Admin . ;)
    Sounds like a great server for Single players who want to play MP>

17. banksman45

banksman45 Rear Admiral

Well I'm interested in seeing where Empyrion ends up because we're talking about a game NMS that is further a long in development than Empyrion is. Empyrion is no where near finish with the game AI and it's still in Alpha. So there will be more improvements . Empyrion in Beta might look better than NMS does.

18. Tyrax Lightning

The Starter Planets & all else with "-R" in their Name Auto-Reset at 10 am every Monday. Also take note that it's been made an intentional challenge getting the Neodymium to escape Starter Worlds with, attempting trade with other Players for a ride off or the Neo to get yourself off is a legit option. There's also a fair few PvE Worlds available for choice for making one's home as well, & PvP is totally optional. :) (When roaming PvP Space, like for example nipping in while in transit between 2 other PvE Worlds, caution vs other Players is advised though.)

banksman45 likes this.
  19. banksman45

banksman45 Rear Admiral

I landed my CV on Skillion and I'm really enjoying the look of this planet. A very SCI FI look. Screenshot (347).png

Finally found some crystals for my Warp drive. So I guess i'm not stuck here. lol
    Screenshot (349).png

Tyrax Lightning and Siege Inc. like this.
  20. leo1954au

leo1954au Commander

Finally finished a landing pad for my CV but it took over 3000 concrete blocks to do it now I can take my HV and go visit some planets

[​IMG]