What did you do in Empyrion today?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Slam Jones, Oct 17, 2015.

1. Tyrax Lightning

Tyrax Lightning Rear Admiral

1 Gatling Gun isn't much to look at... try Bullet Drilling Drones with 6 at once! :D

rainyday likes this.
  2. Ballard

Ballard Rear Admiral

My SV mounts 5. It was more a matter of lining up the shot. I need to add RCS.

Tyrax Lightning likes this.
  3. Tyrax Lightning

Yeah, RCS power is damn important for SVs so ya can spin & rotate a SV for aiming its Weapons effectively. A SV that can't keep the Enemy in its Manual Fire Crosshairs is a SV that can't fight.

4. Marbod

Marbod Commander

no much time today...i am still in this "i have to rebuild my hangar mode" bigger...deeper...i need more space...

and baam i hit the bedrock...first time in the game...

[​IMG]

5. Tyrax Lightning

Bedrock is my favorite Base Foundation! :D

6. rainyday

rainyday Rear Admiral

Thanks! Those containers were actually built by my friend - I just built the transport CV. But its fun to find new interactions and try to make vehicles work together.

Siege Inc. and Tyrax Lightning like this.
  7. Marbod

Marbod Commander

i use a Joystick for flying...1 Minute for calibrating...

8. rainyday

rainyday Rear Admiral

Haha, great job. I like your base idea a lot - like secret underground lair. You're not a Bond villain by any chance, are you?

9. Ballard

Ballard Rear Admiral

I tried to, on PC. But the stick does not control the 'mouse' element of movement. I have no problem mapping keys to buttons, but I cannot see just how to make the joystick work for turning, x, y and z. To have full joystick control like a flight sim would be EGS Nirvana.

10. rainyday

rainyday Rear Admiral

What joystick? I find the controls impossible when flying. The SV just keeps oversteering and flying accurately is impossible. Its fine on HV as you don't need so precise control.

11. Ballard

Ballard Rear Admiral

Microsoft Sidewinder Pro. A great stick, but a bit old. I'd buy a newer one if it helped.

12. Marbod

Marbod Commander

hmm, i cant explain it in english (iam old and from Germany ;))

but for me it works good

[​IMG]

i use an old and cheap thrustmaster t-flight stick x

13. Ballard

Ballard Rear Admiral

Ich kann ein bisschen deutsch sprechen und lese es recht gut Ich bin ein Student des alten Österreichs. Ich werde es nochmal versuchen. Vielen Dank.

(I can speak a bit of German, and read it fairly well. i'm a student of old Austria. I will try this again. Thank you.)

14. rainyday

rainyday Rear Admiral

Axis 3 is twist and axis 4 is throttle? Tried the same and tried with keyboard + joystick and can't get it work the way it would feel good. But great to hear it works for you - so that I know its atleast possible.

15. Ballard

Ballard Rear Admiral

All I ask is left right, up and down on the joystick. I can map WASD to deck buttons if I must. The Q and E will go nicely on the twist. The first time I tried it I went totally whacko. I flipped and flopped around like a drunken sturgeon on a dock.

Tyrax Lightning and rainyday like this.
  16. Marbod

Marbod Commander

hmm i have no idea for me it was easy...w push the Joystick to the front, s ...to the back...right...left... complete normal o_O

ps.: Student of old Austria...what...i ask my wife (she is from vienna) we both have no idea what do you mean...study...like University? or it´s a Hobby...19.th century austrian empire yeah?

17. Ballard

Ballard Rear Admiral

I am a life long history buff. I am a student, no longer in school as such, but always seeking to learn. I have found myself fascinated by the Austro-Hungarian empire, from its' start in the 13th century. But all history is interesting to me. In college I took German so I could read the Napoleonic era KriegsArchiv in the old German.

Sorry about going off topic. i'm sure this must relate to EGS in some tangential way!

18. Marbod

Marbod Commander

in RL i am an archaeologist...i understand the like on history ...and yes it is related to egs...without our history and the Knowledge about this history we will never reach the stars ;)

19. Scoob

Scoob Rear Admiral

Today I actually disabled and boarded my first Freighter! This is only the third one I've ever seen, the first two vanished on me, after I had to save, and pop away from the game for a bit.

Anyway, I'd just jumped to the Trading Outpost in my very basic CV, got the message, so jumped into my SV to scout around. Sure enough, I soon find "Freighter Atherton Heavy Lift" - nice model, whoever designed it - and moved in to disable its turrets and rear engines. As I'm doing this another Freighter crosses our path! However, I ignore it and concentrate on my current target.

Turrets and Engines disabled, I blow a hole in a window and enter the ship. I take out several Sentry Turrets - who oddly always manage to get two or three rounds off after they're destroyed, the tracer fire coming from where they were moments earlier. Needed to use a couple of bandages because of that lol. I continue through the ship, looting anything interesting from containers - FOUR Epics, though three of them are Shotguns lol - one AMiD core, but no rare Ores or anything sadly.

I find the Core quite quickly and switch to my Epic Shotgun, however it cannot scratch the reinforced glass nor the Hardened Steel blocks protecting it - I thought Epics could to this, ah well. I jump back into my SV, and two rocket volleys later the Core is toast. I proceed to reclaim devices, engines etc. before moving onto the Hull and Windows.

So, there you go, spend ages looking for a Freighter and two come along at once... Currently a little ways off from the Atherton currently, it's due to blow imminently and I don't know if they have any AoE when they go.

Scoob.

20. Frigidman

Frigidman Rear Admiral

Well that is also in part to the flight dynamics for 'staying flying above ground' is screwy-as-all-hell if you are the slight bit tilted in any direction which pisses me off to no end so don't get me started ... lol.