What did you do in Empyrion today?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Slam Jones, Oct 17, 2015.

1. banksman45

banksman45 Rear Admiral

That looks freaking awesome!!..

Tyrax Lightning likes this.
  2. banksman45

banksman45 Rear Admiral

Started a new survival game . Chopped down some trees and Built me a little cabin .. Screenshot (415).png Screenshot (417).png

3. wrenchinator

wrenchinator Commander

The continuing adventures of COP on the Minions of Survival server: As promised we returned to PVP Zeyhines in order to finish off the base, this time we came prepared with plenty of HV's and SV's, and one incredible CV. We used up nearly every resource and ship we had with us, but the base fell and we recovered over 3x what we expended in materials. It took over 3 hours, I have condensed the mission into an 11 minute video of the actual action, I hope you enjoy the shortened format:

Aurex, banksman45 and Tyrax Lightning like this.
  4. Ballard

Ballard Rear Admiral

After the upgrade I went to my new hard SP game. I added a single l8ght and my entire base, devices and all, crashed to dust! I was flabbergasted! It must have been some kind of SI change.
    In my advanced MP game I came on to find my CV powered down. Four T2 fridges full of sludge. Sighs. Anyone need some rotten food?

banksman45 and Tyrax Lightning like this.
  5. Tyrax Lightning

Tyrax Lightning Rear Admiral

SI got bugged recently & only just got fixed, but sadly can't retroactively apply to the ones deployed during the Bug Period. :(

6. banksman45

banksman45 Rear Admiral

Added a bed room to my cabin ... Hopefully one day our characters will have the ability to lay or at least sit on a bed just for role playing reasons. Screenshot (420).png

Robot Shark and Tyrax Lightning like this.
  7. Frigidman

Frigidman Rear Admiral

As well as environment variables to use on LCD's :D

8. Siege Inc.

Siege Inc. Rear Admiral

Plugging away at the CV Lightning. I'm pushing to get it done today or tomorrow. I still have another six rooms to populate and the entire upper deck and a maintenance crawl space to finish painting/texturing. So. Many. Rooms. I may leave a couple blank just so players have some space to customize for their own purposes. And I still have to place weapons and lights.

It has all the usual stuff....cargo, crew quarters, med bay, bridge, engineering etc. There are a couple rooms dedicated to hydroponics and a mess hall of course. A couple are just generic computer rooms and there's a lab. I was starting to run out of ideas so I turned one room into a library/lounge of sorts and another is a stand up arcade room. I put a lot of thought into where things are placed and making it easy to get around.

Hrm....maybe I'll turn a couple of those rooms into cryogenic facilities.

Edit: Oh hey it's done. CV Lightning Mk 2
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 4, 2017
  9. Aurex

Aurex Commander

Today? Tried to design a decent-looking, efficient mining HV with the following idea in mind: circular in shape, with eight drills pointed towards the ground and a drill turret on top. The plan was: reach a deposit, start spinning and drilling... making a long shaft (pun NOT intended!) and then use the drill turret to eat away at those last pesky deposits out of reach for my drills. Problem is... found out I couldn't put drills facing downwards. Ended up with a strange orange monstrosity with drills EVERYWHERE that can barely move, is helpless and can't even jump higher than a couple of meters. So it's now stuck in a 25 meters-deep hole, a testament to my inadequacy as a HV designer :D It was fun, though!

10. banksman45

banksman45 Rear Admiral

That would be so Epic if they could add that to the LCDs. Stuff like weather, base and ship status would be awesome.
    I know in space Engineers there was mod that I believe was made like 2 years ago that took the ships camera feed and placed on the LCDs. I don't know if that mod still exist but something like that would be perfect for this game.

11. Neal

Neal Rear Admiral

Optimized some turret positions on the Europa Battlesruiser and added a warp core which wasn't included in the first release. :oops:
    Killing stuff is much more streamlined now...

OMG another boring entry...
    Here's some gun fireing to cheer up:
    NewGame-170302-0859_2017-03-04_09-28-18.png

Last edited: Mar 4, 2017
  12. Nefrums

Nefrums Ensign

Tried the Abandoned Factory PoI for the first time.
    It is not recommended to try this armed with only a pulse rifle and some explosives.

I found a vent that lead to a hole. I dropped down and found a large open room with two big laser turrets... gg...

13. rainyday

rainyday Rear Admiral

Well I've made new version of my PF-10 Meteor light fighter:

psi_pf10b_meteor_0001.jpg
    psi_pf10b_meteor_000.jpg psi_pf10b_meteor_0002.jpg
    PSI PF-10B Meteor
    Steam Workshop: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=875771750

I'm in the process of tidying up my designs and setting them up for a bigger scheme of things. Watching @Neal s awesome themed fleet grow, I got the inspiration to start building a faction. Or actually I've been kinda doing that already (in my mind), but I wanted it to have a rivaling partner also.

One part of the equation is the Polaris Space Industries or PSI, a megacorporation of which one of the most important part is Polaris Mining Company. That is, as the name suggests, dedicated to mining (and other exploitation of natural resources) on multiple planets. This is what I have been building for so far, pretty much all of my stuff.

Now presented PSI PF-10B Meteor is the mainstay space fighter of Polaris Space Industries and its private security forces.

The other part of the equation will remain to be seen - but I already have few ideas flying around (pun intended). Most likely something a bit more grimm.

Not entirely sure yet where this all goes yet - but having some RPG game master background, the process of worldbuilding itself is quite a lot of fun (and always an ongoing process).

14. Neal

Neal Rear Admiral

Worldbuilding can be really fun especially when you're not bound by others ppl demands. (sometimes it's the other way round. ;) )
    The beauty in Pen&Paper RPGs is that you are only limited by your imagination and the ppl. playing the game.

I always enjoy see ppl. building their own original theme, but i must confess that i have difficulties doing that myself. Finding the right design, which doesn't look too plagiarised overall but also "talks" the language you want, (looking peaceful, agressive and so on) can be quite difficult.

OT:
    I tinkered a bit at the battlecruiser but sometimes it doesn't matter what you do it is never the right thing...
    And someone made a video about the Europa Battlecruiser!
    https://youtu.be/UI1tB_S7ABU

15. Siege Inc.

Siege Inc. Rear Admiral

I started working on a cylon raider sv today(original series). I'm using the blank posted by SoulChateau as a template. Man this is going to be a challenge to clean this thing up and get it looking right. I can't quite get the cockpit right. If I try to exactly match the spacing of the shutters on the windows the angle ends up being too steep. If I try to widen it as it goes up the angle ends up being too shallow. I can get an approximation but it's not perfect. It will have to do.

Tyrax Lightning, rainyday and Neal like this.
  16. Neal

Neal Rear Admiral

You can always use the half sized blocks on the outside. To me they where really helpful building some ships. But my experiences in creating smaller vessels are... limited. :)

17. Neal

Neal Rear Admiral

That's the most important thing IMHO.
    Sometimes you need to simplyfy, exaggerate certain aspects and downplay others (like drawing a caricature) to catch the spirit of a design, because sometimes it would look strange and weird if done 1:1 (or just not possible to do make it 1:1 anyways).

Last edited: Mar 5, 2017
  18. Astralism

Astralism Ensign

I am working on a few new Quests, not a big Thing, write and test... but perhaps someone has more experience and have some Tips, Ideas, suggestions. The variation is very limited due to the commnads of the game (pickup, craft, place, nearby and so on...) with a complexer Task it will be a bigger challenge...
    [​IMG]

19. Siege Inc.

Siege Inc. Rear Admiral

I fiddled with it for awhile trying different things. I think the compromise I reached is about as good as it's going to get short of Eleon adding some more block shapes. The cockpit turned out a LOT better than my first couple attempts at building a raider. :p

It's really slow going though. Doing the wings is going to be a nightmare.

Tyrax Lightning, Robot Shark and Neal like this.
  20. DuLux

DuLux Captain

Today I finally set up my Hydrogen farm again since I came back from Oscutune:

[​IMG]

And also... this storage unit doesn't really fit as advertized!!
    [​IMG]