What did you do in Empyrion today?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Slam Jones, Oct 17, 2015.

1. wrenchinator

wrenchinator Commander

The continuing adventures of COP (ramifications):

Anytime you break into someones stuff and make off with it there could be ramifications and one should always be ready for them, we started out ready but soon fell victim to a timeless problem, boredom. Today we got a little bored on moon base alpha, we already visited Akua and stocked up on food and other peoples hidden stashes. We wanted some action, we noticed only 1 TFA memeber on but even so went out to try and locate that person with no success. So Motokid402 and myself returned to moon base alpha.

We discussed mapping out "USED CV"S FOR SALE" in the terrain but that sounded like a lot of work. Moto wanted to hit a base we have been checking out but I figured we could use some practice in the new CV I had built. Mostly Moto needed practice, I just like to take screes shots of him trying to shoot at things. So off we go in our fully loaded damn near invincible (in my view) CV and a lighly armed fighter. We take impressive pictures of the weapons blowing huge holes into Thermica Statation, and then Moto wants shots of the ship firing at close range. He does pass after pass hammering the place with 150mm fire, when suddenly he says he sees a glitch. I glance back at his screen and I see huge holes where the 150mm guns used to be, along with all the thrusters up front. Somehow both sets of guns are gone, there is no reverse thrust, and our perfect fighting CV is now hurtling along at max speed. We head back to MBA (that's moon base alpha), and Moto manages to bounce the ship back near our base. We think a quick repair and refit is in order except it becomes apparent that quick is not going to happen. The damage was extensive. I think there may have been an error somewhere near the cockpit.

Repairs are going to take some time we decide, so lets just load up the brick (former TFA ship) with a drone hunter and the prototype to go check out Omicron. What could go wrong? As we enter orbit we see that someone has just exited the area and check the player list to see that now there are 3 TFA around. Before we could decide on a new plan of action 1 returns. Moto jmps into the drone hunter as it actually had more ammo than the other ship and goes off to check out the situation when we see the other 2 TFA enter. What to do? Well, we ran back to MBA. Taunting ensued but we didn't run off scared we just needed fighters. In a perfect world we could have used the CV we made for just this occasion but I was flying the brick. We jump into fighters and get to space and I skirmish a bit in the prototype only to have them head home daring us to follow. The prototype is not combat ready :)

Now we were out numbered 3 to 2, anyone can do the math, that extra guy gets you home better than just 2. But after a small time refitting we grabbed the brick and a fully loaded Enforcer and fully loaded Pursuit fighter and off we went to the taunts of TFA on their home turf. We arrive and they were waiting. We had a logistical problem in that we only had 2 guys and you need an intact CV to get home. This thing was not built by us and we had no idea if it could deal with defending itself. So Moto stayed piloting the CV while I jumped into an Enforcer. Upon initial contact the 6 gatlings with over 5000 rounds ready caused an error every time I tried to fire. I gave up on them and did not exit and email simply because I could not deny these fine opponents the opportunity to fight. The rockets worked fine and much sparring for position and much firing of weapons ensued. I finally ran dry of rockets but not before I had landed plenty into one cv and a cloud of salvos into its wide open hanger with a bright red vessel docked for an aim point. I am sure TFA wanted our CV to engage, but the game is about galactic survival, not tactical suicide. We did survive as did TFA, and we got no prize vessel to add to our collection and I think everyone had a fine time.

One additional note, the fighter that TFA used was outstanding, my hat is off to whoever designed the agile little ship.

2. Yolofessional

Yolofessional Captain

2016-02-18_00001.jpg 2016-02-18_00002.jpg 2016-02-18_00003.jpg

edit- wrenchinator, that sounds like a blast!

3. Tyrax Lightning

Tyrax Lightning Rear Admiral

I finally got a chance to go into Creative & check out some of the new Blocks... namely, the new Windows & Window Tint changing:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Where's the Bikini Beach Gals to complete these Pics? :p

While I was at it, I came across a 'stumbling lack of Block'... time for me to hit the Suggestions Forum...

[​IMG]

I feel like i've done a good days work as a Tester for this game. Play Time! :p (aka back to Survival with me.)

Boss_CyAn1d3 and Gordholm like this.
  4. Boss_CyAn1d3

Boss_CyAn1d3 Commander

Our Survival CV "USS-Nomad" now has a nice Flight deck, and the new windows gave the bridge a more open feel (yay no prison bars!) and a more streamlined swept back look.

Added an artillery canon to dorsal living space section + 2 more canons for inner atmosphere ops.
    Going to add miniguns, one artillery turret, and canons to the aft sections of the ship to cover the flight deck area later.

She goes up to orbit tonight after an iron run to have the GV deck installed and the flight deck finished.
    then its just a matter of building a small "tank" to haul around a mining crew.

Reaper built out a gunship from the workshop for more fire support when taking POIs/Mines (no pics yet, he built it while i was gone)
    Pronato has been perfecting his fighter design catered specifically for the Nomad to haul (gonna try to have 3 + a shuttle)
    Dark has been trying to get his sleep schedule together and hasnt been on all week.

were still looking for PVE minded players to join in for the tour round the system for the "community survival".

Add me on Steam and inquire for the server info :)
    ( next time ill post with screenies.. i swear.... i keep forgetting to take them.... :( )

EDIT: heres a few older ones Reaper took before i started working last night:

Nomad - Before Flight Deck & Additions

[​IMG]

Base:
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 19, 2016
  5. Tyrax Lightning

My Tyrax Starter CV is finally done... with Stage 1! Stage 2 will require this CV to earn its completion by getting me to Aestus to get a big supply of Erestrum & Zascosium for those Power Coils. I ran outta Iron again working on this dude & had to empty out the rest of the Iron Vein I had started on in order to get the last batch of Blocks for this completion done.

Note: Those Truss Blocks in the Pic of the front of the Ship placehold for future Rocket Launchers & someday there will be Pulse Lasers in front of those Armor Plates, which in turn are part of the Design cause placing Windows in front of a weapon's butt would be a very pointless thing to do. & people think Armor Plates have no use. :p

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Those 2 'loose cannons'... I placed them to default to point forward as their front, then after placement they pointed up for seemingly no reason at all. They were the first 2 to ever get placed as well. The rest behaved themselves after placement. As long as they point & engage at stuff properly i'll deal with their attitudes. If they don't perform... I may have to get my R&R Tool to 'have a word with them'...

Bonus Pic: My big heavy Tyrax Starter SV... no match for a mere scrawny plant:

[​IMG]

wrenchinator likes this.
  6. jase

jase Lieutenant

Finished my first Survival CV
    New-Game_6_2016-02-20_18-40-03.png To be honest it's pretty durpy but I'm no master builder

Tyrax Lightning and Gordholm like this.
  7. Snowbeard62

Snowbeard62 Lieutenant

That's pretty good for your first. Love the paint job man. I like to make creative builds so I can really experiment with it.

8. Rayah

Rayah Lieutenant

Started working on the interior of the fury-class interceptor, took all day yesterday and some of today to outline each floor (total of 11), while copying the outline into paint, to organize each floor with rooms and to provide a map. Since the thin hull blocks take a full block of space, there was enough room in between each level to have a tram system. Planet_Pluto_2016-02-20_10-31-07.png

9. =TCR= Big_Red

=TCR= Big_Red Rear Admiral

With the introduction of the new building blocks you may be able to build a shuttle tube of glass.

Tyrax Lightning and Rayah like this.
  10. Rayah

Rayah Lieutenant

Great idea :D I'll prob change it a-bit, later.
    Planet_Pluto_2016-02-20_11-53-56.png

11. Slam Jones

Slam Jones Rear Admiral

We went to war again today! Blue and Red team both dealt minor damage to their foes in the orbital stage, but ended up coming back with a vengance for the planetside battle, wherein Blue Team wrecked Red Team, and took control of the Planet of Akua. Red team's influence has been pushed back to Akua's Moon.

I will have videos up soon (once I find some editing software) but until then, here's a few shots of the action.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 22, 2016
  12. Puzzlepants

Puzzlepants Ensign

well, today I tried to take my newly minted HV for a spin to check out the neighborhood. came home to find my underground base was completely full of, well, ground. cave in? bug? dunno, kinda bummed out though, all my stuff is in there!

13. =TCR= Big_Red

We try to tell players this. Not fun. Hope you have lots of drill charges.

Tyrax Lightning likes this.
  14. Tyrax Lightning

I have now made my first Warp Jump, & made it to Aestus's System. Blessed luck, my CV & SV did not bug! I took my SV out & annihilated the Space Drones, & found a Station but am leaving it alone for now. It's not what I came here for. I entered Aestus & began my search for Zascosium & Erestrum. Found the latter after a bit of search guarded by a Drone that was hungry for Rockets. I felt sorry for the starved little bugger & fed it all the Rockets it could eat, then started Rocketing down the Aliens around it, which there were a LOT of. I noticed another Drone a bit of ways away & decided to go deal with it so it couldn't sneak up on me later. Downed it then had a hell of a time looking for a place to set down on all that bumpy terrain to get it looted. I resorted to leaving my Ship hovering a little above the least bumpy part of ground. I Minigunned down a few more Overseers & a Nightmare or two (So THIS is their Home World... never woulda imagined them bein Fire Types.) & looted them. I'd hate to waste all that meat if I can help it & Alien Parts & Teeth have their uses... like in making Antidote Injections that saved my ass from the Alien Parasite that one of the Nightmares shoved into me. Was also nice to have a good amount of Medkits for dealing with their Open Wounds, Poisons, & Bites as I gunned them down on my way to the Drone to loot it, who had fallen into the Lava but thankfully was within reach of the Shore. I get back into my SV & return to the Erestrum Deposit.

Upon return I find a new Drone has taken up residence at it. I speak my mind to it with my Rocket Launchers & also have to re-clear the area of Overseers again. I loot everything & then have to gun down another Nightmare, & as i'm doin this it's now dusk. I want some of this Erestrum yesterday so i'm not sittin on my butt till Dawn. I'm not afraid of the dark. I get Drillin & get a bit of Ore, then Nightmares keep bothering me with their noises & occasionally spot me & attack, only to answer to my Minigun. I only manage to empty out about 6ish% of the Vein before I realize i've used up about 3/4ths of my Minigun Ammo on all the hostilities, including the attacks as I mined, so I decide i'll make do with this much Erestrum cause I still need Zascosium. I get into my SV & begin my search...

Oh crud! I'm low on Oxygen all of a sudden cause I forgot to check it before starting my flying around! Dammit me! I look for a place to set down so I can get into the back of my Ship & re-Oxygenate. Can't find flat ground in my immediate proximity so I settle for scooting near a hilltop. I get out of my SV then realize I can't get into the back of it this way when the entrance of the back area is hovering high over the ground. I get back into my SV & try to spin it around, but my SV Control problems bite me in the butt AGAIN & do that damned involuntary 'Q' or 'E' movement again & cause my damn SV to spin around & thus slam sideways into the Ground. :mad: I fight my Ship trying to get it up off the ground & to straighten back up then try to park with my SV Back near the Hilltop where I think I was at before, then get back out. Turns out I eyeballed it badly wrong... I fall quite a ways & hurt myself good with Fall Damage. My SV's too high up to even Jetpack to the Cockpit again while my Oxygen's now at critical... I literally have no choice but to wait for its Safety Dropdown Feature to kick in... I wait while my Oxygen gives out & I see Red... I am forced to Emergency Spam Small Medkits, fortunately I brought over 50 of them with me. I'm eating through them trying to not perish & FINALLY the Ship drops down... onto the Hillside... I desperately work my 'T' Button trying to get the Door open & jump into the back to get to that Oxygen as my Ship flops over to the right bit by bit & I keep floundering at it still spamming those Medkits... my HPs is dropping a little faster then the Medkits can keep it up... & I can't afford to spam the Large Ones instead, i'm still waiting for my new Farm on my CV to grow up its first Crops, including my Aloe Vera. FINALLY I somehow clumsily bumble into my Ship that's now sitting on its right side & manage to jam 'T' onto my Oxygen with only a sliver of Health left. I'm saved! I'm gonna get the hell laughed at me by everyone here for a Month, but I didn't die! (I've said it before, & i'll say it again... i'm NEVER designing my SVs with a Walk In Area ever again. I'm doin Giant Access Hatch from now on, like how I did my Flying Fist!)

After this near-death experience, I get into my SV & decide to blow this Popsicle Stand... then feel like I still oughta at least look around some more... that's safe enough from high altitude... I still need that Zascosium dammit! (Am I one thick dude, or am I one thick dude? Talk about Muscleheadedness...) I scout a good chunk of the Surface but no go on Zascosium... though knowing the locations of the Alien Drone Base & Headquarters will come in handy in the future. I give up & resort to Pausing the Game & seeking advice from Yodathe Wiki & find out Aestus is ONLY home to the Erestrum alone. Apparently I don't get to bypass Level Medium & go straight to Level Hard in one bound. I return to my Akua Base battered & pride butt hurt but alive with at least some Erestrum, & as I get it processed & reload on LOTS of Minigun Ammo, I type this out... as I plan my assault on Masperon...

P.S. Screw you Alien Parasites. Preparation >>>> you! Parasites 0 - Antidote Injection 3! 104 Antidote Injections left! :p

P.S.S. I'm surprised those Overseers can make for such yummy Salami! Don't forget to always cook that Meat till its Center is at least 160 Degrees, mind the threat of Alien Parasites! :p

15. =TCR= Big_Red

Another great story. Thank you.

16. Slam Jones

Slam Jones Rear Admiral

Got video footage of the second (and much more exciting) portion of the Red vs Blue Akua battle, wherein Blue basically destroys everything and I somehow limp out with a fraction of my ship left. Enjoy!

17. Tyrax Lightning

Seems such a waste to get the Ship limped out only to 'decommission' it... :(

I'm SO looking forward to finally getting Rail Guns... once I can make them i'm gonna design a new Survival SV with that Giant Access Hatch & NEVER get griefed by the epic fail of Walk In Area ever again. Waiting on access to Rail Guns is the only reason why I haven't already made the new dude.

Slam Jones likes this.
  18. Slam Jones

Slam Jones Rear Admiral

True, it put up a heck of a fight, but I didn't have a choice really. No landing gear left, and I didn't have spares available. Either take what's valuable, or leave it for the Blues to plunder/destroy. :\

On the bright side, I can build em at less than an hour tops, and even less if I throw in big components :p So no major loss. With the resources I have, I could build a couple dozen :p

19. Tyrax Lightning

Ya can build a couple dozen... while having no Landing Gear... good thing that makes sense. :p

Be honest. Ya were punishing the Ship, weren't ya? ;)

20. Slam Jones

Slam Jones Rear Admiral

Hey I had to shoot something :p

Nahh just the landing gear got blown off in the fight. As did mostly everything else, although I did still have an ammo container somehow, which was right admist the O2 and fuel tanks...

Regardless, it was still a PvP zone and I wanted to get out before Blue started attacking our CVs :p