What did you do in Empyrion today?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Slam Jones, Oct 17, 2015.

1. Kyrt Malthorn

Kyrt Malthorn Captain

Decided to run my first thruster placement and then performed my first in-atmo tests to see if my HV bays were staying or if I'd have to redesign the bottom of this thing.

Shipyards_ext.jpg

And landed nicely once found a flat enough space.... had to be one I could identify from space...

Shipyards_lnd.jpg

Eeesh this thing is huge... I'm so not used to this scale. I have to keep reminding myself I can do this, one block at a time...

Still pretty empty in there. I have the hangar but I think I'll finish out the engines before I work more on the livable interior.

2. foxes

foxes Lieutenant

Spent 10 hours to build your craft and test it in survival mode. After entering the atmosphere, flying bug, I was on the fiery planet naked, my ship is in space. Very bad.

Tyrax Lightning likes this.
  3. Kyrt Malthorn

Kyrt Malthorn Captain

Shipyards_2017-04-03_23-16-13.jpg

Trying to figure out how to lay out such a large ship interior in a sensible way.

Also finalized (I think) and stylized engine placement, did some exterior decorations, added mining turrets and laid out the space mining post /convenient airlocks....

Last edited: Apr 4, 2017
    Tyrax Lightning and rainyday like this.
  4. rainyday

rainyday Rear Admiral

Its coming along nicely. I like building bigger than I need to in survival - gives you longer term goal to achieve.

5. DuLux

DuLux Captain

Those are some purdy screenshots.

Something I only just found out is those biped bug people attack your ship. I landed to get a clear shot on him and t here he was beating the crap out of my ammo box! Almost disabled me...a bug guy!!
    They're tough as hell too. He took 30 15mm rounds!

Tyrax Lightning and rainyday like this.
  6. DuLux

DuLux Captain

Just spotted this bad boy 2km away from Akua Moon. Not at a stage where I can attack it at all. Anyone know if it's a wothwhile target?

[​IMG]

NOTE: It's cool lookin.

NOTE 2: I wish some of the freighters were friendly and you could COMM with them. *squak* THis is Dulux, how r u gize/ *squak* *squak* Howdy. ANything for trade? *squak*

7. rainyday

rainyday Rear Admiral

Yup. If my memory serves right, it was rather lightly armed. Or maybe it was even the one that bugged and didn't shoot at me at all? Nevertheless, good amount of containers inside and lots of fuel storages in the inside "arms" - one of the more better Freighters loot wise IMHO. Cool design too.

8. wrenchinator

wrenchinator Commander

The continuing adventures of POS on Bugs server: We decided we had too many CV's laying around, the obvious solution was to ambush somebody. We grabbed Hazz and his Liberator, took out our ugly beetle CV's and found a lone CV to pirate...except as it turns out, he wasn't alone:

9. Tyrax Lightning

Tyrax Lightning Rear Admiral

Ya probably got screwed up by the Site's "Auto-Draft Save Feature" somehow. It can sometimes be annoying.

I've heard that CV Bounding Boxes & Base Bounding Boxes violently oppose each other, like trying to force the N end of 2 Magnets into each other.

Yeah, one bugger about Ship Weapons is I dunno if they are really capable of Headshots.

Agreed. These Freighters are so violent they might as well be Pirate Ships instead. :p

Kyrt Malthorn and Pyston like this.
  10. N99024

N99024 Captain

The forums aren't the same until you get a bunch of notifications that Tyrax likes your posts.

Welcome back ;)

11. Tyrax Lightning

Many thanks! Been a hell of a rough 3 weeks for me... & it might not be over...

Actually i'm getting scared it isn't ever gonna end... Dad won't quit coming home nigh every night & sending my Gaming Time availability to hell! :eek:

Kyrt Malthorn likes this.
  12. john.73738

john.73738 Captain

Started a new Survival game in A 6.01. Did the Aquarius start. Someone tell me why seaweed is non existent on a ocean planet? Been searching for an hour and none to find. Got a ways in and don't want to restart, and I started this new survival to play as intended. Don't want to have to cheat in seaweed to make bio fuel to mine. Guess I can make it to the T2 drill and not worry about the bio fuel.

13. Tyrax Lightning

Aquarius... sounds like a Custom MP Planet. Ya should ask the Admins to Bug Report that Seed & submit info to the Devs on it in case this situation has found rare sneaky Planet Generation Bugs.

Kyrt Malthorn likes this.
  14. john.73738

john.73738 Captain

Nope, was in the SP start options right after Akua.

Will send out the bug report.

<EDIT> sorry, planet is Atlantis. It is in the SP scenarios. See pic

Scenario Start.jpg

Thanks

Last edited: Apr 6, 2017
  15. john.73738

john.73738 Captain

Just figured it out. I'm a little slow. o_O

Just restarted again on Akua in SP. Good I did, seed dropped me on a POI and near several ore deposits.

16. Robot Shark

Robot Shark Rear Admiral

I finally met my resource goal and was able to build a Condor in survival.
    So my large warship is feasible in survival, but it took me some time to gather the resources.

The worst stumbling block was Zascosium, which I got from raiding POI's, the final amount I obtained from raiding cargo haulers.

17. Kyrt Malthorn

Kyrt Malthorn Captain

So I put my CV interior on hold until they release 6.0 and I have a chance to bring my pc to internet and download it. Since I'm compartmentalizing the oxygen stuff, I got worried that if I get to far in the design and had to backtrack due to things I thought were airtight turning out not to be, it'd be a nightmare of block removal and testing.

So, why is my brain giving me ideas for even BIGGER ships now?

I'm just having a really hard time playing 5.x knowing what 6.0 has in store...So much awesome...

Tyrax Lightning and Siege Inc. like this.
  18. Siege Inc.

Siege Inc. Rear Admiral

Same. 6.0 will be a game changer so my playtime is currently on hold until it drops. After.....there will be a frenzy of activity to finish my Spaceport and then update everything else. I want to make sure I'm not burned out when that time comes.

19. Darryl smith

Darryl smith Commander

6.02 out now on exp enough said

20. Lady Astrum

Lady Astrum Ensign

Started working on my second CV. I started three times and scrapped them, then tried again and I like the way this one is turning out. I might return to one of the previous attempts later on.

Tyrax Lightning and Siege Inc. like this.