What did you do in Empyrion today?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Slam Jones, Oct 17, 2015.

1. binhthuy71

binhthuy71 Rear Admiral

Welcome! Feel free to ask questions, we're all here to help and you can't do anything so silly that none of us haven't already done it - sometimes two or three times.

Kyrt Malthorn and Ballard like this.
  2. Fractalite

Fractalite Rear Admiral

Kyrt Malthorn likes this.
  3. Robot Shark

Robot Shark Rear Admiral

Welcome.

4. Kyrt Malthorn

Kyrt Malthorn Captain

Welcome @Weepty - we all hope you enjoy the game as much as we have, and do share about your adventure in EGS!

5. Rester Valentine

Rester Valentine Lieutenant

Because my co-admin, who was the one who wanted our own server and installed the Rester server, pretty much abandoned right after (great guy, but a bit flighty), I had to install the dedicated server on my own computer just to be sure I could get it all up and going in a reasonable time. I needed to so this because in a month or so I will be upgrading the server hardware and OS. I just don't want to put out my players too much if I can help it. It turns out that I'm as awesome as I am brilliant (North American brilliant not British brilliant), because it only took a couple hours of troubleshooting to iron out all the problems.

I will accept all praise, as I have no shame.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2017
    Kyrt Malthorn, binhthuy71 and Ballard like this.
  6. Ballard

Ballard Rear Admiral

Your humility abashes me! I must express my admiration of your achievement.

7. Rester Valentine

Rester Valentine Lieutenant

I aim to please... *Bows*

8. binhthuy71

binhthuy71 Rear Admiral

I would add my praises but, I'm just not worthy! :D

Rester Valentine likes this.
  9. Evigrof

Evigrof Ensign

My search for the well hidden drone base on Ningues. Found lots of POIs but have been searching for the silly drone base for awhile now. With luck what I do tomorrow is "KILL DRONE BASE on Ningues!"

10. Kyrt Malthorn

Kyrt Malthorn Captain

Finally worked up some courage to continue building my large CV's interior. Built, so far, the beginnings of some main corridors, mess hall overlooking the main hangar, traffic control also looking over the hangar (opposite side). Came up with some conventions to make building and testing airtight areas...

1. All non airtight blocks that look solid from any side (such as stairs) are colored bright yellow so as to stand out when looking for leaks.

2. New sections are tested independently and regularly. Temporary walls are made with a block shape very out of place, such as the tube shape.

3. Sections adjacent to the outer hull are more compartmentalized than those in the core.

Siege Inc., binhthuy71 and Evigrof like this.
  11. binhthuy71

binhthuy71 Rear Admiral

My pre-6 stay on Ningues was substantially extended in searching for the drone base. Finally found it in small a deep valley. No good approach and the surrounding hilltops were all within range of the base's guns. Yeah, I found it all right. It only took a 400+ meter tunnel to undermine the thing. Then I died because I hadn't cached enough O2 bottles nearby.

12. Evigrof

Evigrof Ensign

Ouch. I have not built a HV on this planet yet, just have my SV. But I have found quite a lot of other bases and Rado Silos that I think I'll make one. My SV is getting torn up just sitting there while I kill the bad guys. I have a hard time passing up POIs. And since some nut decided to go afk while in space while my ore cooked I need to replace my red guns ;)

binhthuy71 likes this.
  13. Kyrt Malthorn

Kyrt Malthorn Captain

CV interior construction continues. Built the crew lavatories, armory, fleshed out and walled in the hangar control bay (tested levers controlling bay doors - no matter the settings the doors still open and close based on distance from player SV / HV. Drat, oh well.)

Built up a space mining control center.

Shipyards_2017-04-13_23-21-03.jpg

Levers for mining laser power, convenient seat from which to control one's laser of choice, easy access to outside in case that proves helpful. Next in the works: cargo and constructor bays.

The more I build inside this ship the more it dawns on me how massive this thing is. And I'm not even all that close to the limits.

banksman45 and rainyday like this.
  14. rainyday

rainyday Rear Admiral

Yeah, can't turn off the automatic part of the doors. Ramps work - but they're not airtight...
    ----------------------
    I have a decent sized mining ship so I thought it needed a ore refinery to go with it:
    20170414102214_1.jpg

Refinery line for each of the ores - including storage space. Can cruise around in an SV/HV around the different sections. Still very much WIP.

15. Kyrt Malthorn

Kyrt Malthorn Captain

How did you place a furnace on a CV? My furnace says BA only...?

Love the conveyors though!

rainyday likes this.
  16. Krenios

Krenios Commander

I thinks it is base in space ! ^^

rainyday likes this.
  17. Ballard

Ballard Rear Admiral

Those conveyors are indeed cool. Cool enough to plagiarize (the highest form of flattery).

Today, after quite a long grind I finally managed to get my major CV cooking. Only 7 hours to be ready, sadly I had to go to bed before 1 AM. So when I get home from work I will spawn it, and finally feel 'done'. After that I am heading out system, to pillage ..... er .... explore.

Kyrt Malthorn and rainyday like this.
  18. rainyday

rainyday Rear Admiral

Yep, thats a base like @Krenios suspected. This will be factory like construction meant for planets surface - just building it in space in creative. Because of structural integrity.

19. banksman45

banksman45 Rear Admiral

Here is another video of the Wolves crew playing Empyrion likes it Battlefield 4 . lol When my friends ask me why I play empyrion more than I play Space Engineers . I show them videos like this one.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2017
    Mana_Sean, Krenios, ion_storm and 2 others like this.
  20. john.73738

john.73738 Captain

Been hollowing out a mountain in survival to build a large underground base. Upside, tons of stone for concrete blocks. Downside, tons of mining.