What did you do in Empyrion today?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Slam Jones, Oct 17, 2015.

1. Ballard

Ballard Rear Admiral

Well I finally 'arrived' in 6.0.5. On my MP game (Beer, Gunz and Aliens, ya gotta love the name) my CV finished up, so I headed out into the system looking for trouble. I found it in the Alien Outpost. This little jewel is an armored stationed with 3 armed satellites. The scene was epic when I pushed in, delivering a wall of fire upon the Zirax foe. They melted under the storm, and all I suffered was some glass damage on the nose. We all like a beautiful windowed bridge, of course. Yet that glass is inherently unsafe. I went down to my battle bridge for this assault. I like being buried under layers of combat steel when in battle. After it all I was still airtight, a testament to my combat ship design! yay.

The loot from the base was not impressive, but of course we fight this one for access to those lovely asteroids of pentaxid, zascosium, and other special treats. I did find one medium armor, a treat I had previously missed. As of this writing I still have never found a rifle kit. Oh I have a pile of laser and heavy weapons kits, and others as well. I have more boosters than my armor locker can hold. I have simply not yet managed to find that one rifle kit.

This was a very energizing event. I am now pondering my next raid.

2. N99024

N99024 Captain

The issue with that is that the devs recognized this issue, they even ask people who used others designs to link back to the original designer.

Its a bigger issue when the uploaded blueprint is more popular than what you uploaded.

banksman45 and rainyday like this.
  3. ITguy1981

ITguy1981 Captain

I've been playing the experimental branch. I've had a lot of fun designing new ships and bases for the newly added features.

binhthuy71 and banksman45 like this.
  4. Ballard

Ballard Rear Admiral

I agree there is no legal right, but it is a matter of common courtesy and respect. I have never posted a design on the workshop, because my designs are just not pretty. I also do not use other people's designs, but if I ever did, I would respect their effort.

5. ITguy1981

ITguy1981 Captain

I like using other people's designs. I have posted one thing on the workshop and I have friends that post things as well. We actually check periodically to see how many people have actually subscribed to our creations. People take pride in their work and love the large amount subscribers they get. Personally, I just use ships as they are. I have taken some things I like from different ships and incorporated some concepts in to my own ships when I build them, but I have never just modified an existing ship and taken credit for it.

rainyday likes this.
  6. Ballard

Ballard Rear Admiral

I enjoy browsing the workshop and looking at the pretty things there. I will subscribe to those I like. I have even gone into Creative and spawned a few just to learn how to do some things. Have I ever used BPs? Sure, a few times, usually when time is a factor. Maybe some day I will post my many designs, and expose myself to the humor of the community, lol.

rainyday likes this.
  7. ITguy1981

ITguy1981 Captain

I have a ship with the same name. I see your a man of culture as well.

Fractalite likes this.
  8. GTv

GTv Rear Admiral

Then it sounds like everything that can be done has already been done.

9. N99024

N99024 Captain

Well, I can say I'm actually kinda excited to get to painting and texturing the outside of this.....
    Maybe thats the music I'm listening to while doing this speaking.
    20170417201441_1.jpg 20170417201449_1.jpg

@Hummel-o-War Since your kind of the go to guy for community relations (unless there is someone else) are the devs holding up Alpha 6 on me? :p

Hopefully with some more music for another 2-3 hours I can get the underside of this vessel done.

Don't expect a massive bridge in the back. Project Jericho has earned that design concept and it will only belong to that series of (Uncompleted) Dreadnaught class vessels. Maybe I'll revive it again someday, maybe in Beta I'll look back on it and decide.

rainyday and Robot Shark like this.
  10. GoldDragon

GoldDragon Captain

Took on a Xenu Armory today. I took out the turrets well enough (Read: My hover Vessel could still move), but the sounds from inside were a bit un-nerving. I admit, this might be overkill, but....

I parked the HV right ouside the door and left the turrets (minigun x 3 ) pointed straight at the door. What happened next, well.... I believe the proper technical term is: Meat-grinder. All told, around 15-20 dead, with only 3 of them being the turret-bots.

A few shotgun blasts later, I got thru the wall (I forgot about spawners for a bit), looted a yellow crate, then blew it up. Behind the grate was the core.

With the loot from here and a pair of Research station Alphas, I was able to (if barely) build a repair bay. And the resources in the tank replaced the O2 dispincer.

Not a bad days work when you are level 11 trying out a new toy (I gained 2 levels).

rainyday and Robot Shark like this.
  11. Narfle

Narfle Ensign

Thats clever play GoldDragon, and sounds like it paid off.

GoldDragon likes this.
  12. Ballard

Ballard Rear Admiral

I started the Dawn of the Galaxy scenario! I am only at the very beginning. Having reached the apex again on my main game, I need to try new things, and a scenario sounds perfect.

I like to have a goal in the game, to make things interesting.

The start house is one of my favorites. Very creative and well equipped. This game I will set a personal rule to only use items out of the workshop.

rainyday likes this.
  13. N99024

N99024 Captain

Odd how I poked some fun about Alpha 6 and the next part in the update gets released the same night.

Maybe I should do it more often.

rainyday likes this.
  14. banksman45

banksman45 Rear Admiral

I'm surprised nobody has looked at the damage blocks and the rust textures. I've been playing around with them today. I can see a lot of cool bases and warships being built with these. Screenshot (607).png

15. Kyrt Malthorn

Kyrt Malthorn Captain

So I was thinking my CV work in progress was around 70k iron ingots. Decided to blueprint it in its current state (still needs lots of work) and see where it's at resource wise....

231,000+ iron ore! o_O

Almost 70k sathium, 20k cobalt. The rest of them look more reasonable but goodnesss me...!

I'm maybe 65 percent done building the interiors!

Ow. Ow, ow, ow. Okay. That's not happening without sitting on a lot of autominers. Fine endgame goal, but I think i need a intermediate CV...

Darn shame. I'm loving this ship interior.

I just have no clue how to build for a resource goal, apparently.

banksman45 and rainyday like this.
  16. N99024

N99024 Captain

I know that feeling, when I blueprinted Abrams last night it was over 450k iron needed.

Kyrt Malthorn and banksman45 like this.
  17. banksman45

banksman45 Rear Admiral

In a way it's kind of cool. Ships the size of some of these CVs would take a lot of iron and maybe years to build in the real world. Kind of add some realism to the game. ;) I have two CVs that require that much Iron and more so I know the feeling. lol I think with a couple of autominers and also a good HV miner you can knock that out pretty quick. One day I would love to be able to hire a team of NPCs tthat can do small functions like mine .

Kyrt Malthorn likes this.
  18. N99024

N99024 Captain

Ok so here is today's list of stuff I accomplished:
    1. Updated Rochester to be Vanilla's max limit friendly(I really don't want to have to fix this again for another few months). So check your blueprints for those of you who subscribed and make sure its updated.
    2. Fixed the naming scheme of the RGC collection to Black Guard Industries Ship Collection and it will stay that way for probably a long time if nothing changes my mind on it.
    3. Continued work on Project Abrams, this time I started building the belly again so its a Identical Replica of the top. It will only be known to the owner what is the true up direction when I'm done with it. You won't be able to tell the difference when I take the Photos of the completed work. Also it now costs over 500k to spawn it in as is.

20170418205553_1.jpg

I also began placing Thrusters on it so I don't jack it up later on when its exterior is painted.

Edit: should've mentioned this Although the pictures in the Collection may not show the new blocks added in the game. Its kept in mind and they will be updated as the game does in features.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2017
  19. N99024

N99024 Captain

Oh, I guess for a potential first official HV this has been sitting there for a month or two now.
    Who would be interested in the release of this Design as the first official HV of Black Guard Industries?

20170418205815_1.jpg

20. banksman45

banksman45 Rear Admiral

I tried out the new Thermatic Station above Auka in 6.0.5 and WOW.. You almost need two players to get it done but it's possible to do it by yourself. The station spawns Space drones now so while you're trying to take out the turrets you have space drones shooting at you. I lost one SV trying to get in there and then once you finally get in there , you have all the usual Alien NPCs that you see on Auka POIs waiting for you. The freezing temps in spaces adds another element to the battle make sure you pack your heavy armor.
    Screenshot (610).png

Last edited: Apr 19, 2017