What did you do in Empyrion today?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Slam Jones, Oct 17, 2015.

1. Fractalite

Fractalite Rear Admiral

Interesting ships. I like the cockpit version. Would be easy to convert to add miniguns and as a miner. Am adding that now. Thank you.

Edit: They are not on the workshop? Any chance you could add them so I could increase my stock of cheap starter vessels? :)

Krenios and rainyday like this.
  2. N99024

N99024 Captain

Cheap starter vessels? What is this cheap you speak off (mine are never cheap, either fair in cost or just to damn expensive)

rainyday likes this.
  3. rainyday

rainyday Rear Admiral

Add me as a friend on Steam and I can share it. I don't like publishing public stuff on Workshop while we are on Experimental phase. There can be some issues, as there currently are.

4. N99024

N99024 Captain

Today, Reformatted my hard drive to use all the damn space, and realized i undid a lot of work. S***

I think i know what my weekend is going to look like.
    Edit: luckily I have a lot of reference photos

Last edited: Apr 21, 2017
  5. rainyday

rainyday Rear Admiral

Sorry to hear. When I start a bigger build I get real paranoid about the blueprint - usually save a copy (and couple WIP's on the way) to another hard drive and privately on Workshop.

6. N99024

N99024 Captain

Yeah, I was more irritated at the time that I had a 3TB hard drive and when I was cloning it from my other one it didn't use more than the 1TB it already had.

Besides when I was building on it to show some progress it was from scratch, all those details came from nowhere so that's why they took so long. It shouldn't take so long to reproduce it.

Either way, its only at most two weeks lost. maybe 3

Last edited: Apr 21, 2017
    rainyday likes this.
  7. Kyrt Malthorn

Kyrt Malthorn Captain

Last night I started another CV, got it framed mostly. That it was only one sitting should tell you it's a heck of a lot smaller than my oversized CV WIP - I just started it because I had an idea and wanted to see if a shape worked. It does, I think.

I also volunteered for a bunch of overtime at work including a Saturday or two (because bills) so I'm dubious how active I'll be for while.

banksman45 and rainyday like this.
  8. rainyday

rainyday Rear Admiral

Trying to figure out whether Im just using game mechanics to my advantage - or just just 'cheating'.

I kinda like the open topped design of my Rhino hover miner. Wouldn't want to alter it too much - but would like to be able to mine in extreme conditions.
    20170421212719_1.jpg

Now using the small blocks I came up with this:
    20170421212756_1.jpg
    It just feels wrong :rolleyes: They are airtight blocks, thats why they behave bit unexpected. Game doesn't differentiate about the actual surface area - it just sees whether a block is airtight or not.

20170421213148_1.jpg
    It even works as a drone launch platform.

Somebody come up a viable scientific explanation why I am fully oxygenated and protected against the elements in a such airy cockpit...? :p

Other option is to design a brand new hover miner with closed cockpit. I don't hate that option either. :D

Kyrt Malthorn, Exacute and ion_storm like this.
  9. ion_storm

ion_storm Captain

Sh-h-h-ht, quiet...:D

rainyday likes this.
  10. Kyrt Malthorn

Kyrt Malthorn Captain

@rainyday either your fans are just blowing so much cool oxygen that it makes that area breathable and comfy, or you have installed force fields similar to hangar doors, without the translucent blue field.

rainyday likes this.
  11. Siege Inc.

Siege Inc. Rear Admiral

Magnets.

Syncretos, oojimaflip and rainyday like this.
  12. Kyrt Malthorn

Kyrt Malthorn Captain

Shipyards_2017-04-22_10-11-19.jpg
    My works in progress as they stand.

I thought my newer intermediate ship (lower right) was rather smaller than this in comparison. I was shooting for 30k iron, I'm already up to 50k with a mostly empty hull. I think the shape works well though. Can't take credit... found a picture online and it's almost a carbon copy as far as form factor.

13. N99024

N99024 Captain

is that for both of them?
    Edit: @Kyrt Malthorn no, i just meant art

Last edited: Apr 23, 2017
    Kyrt Malthorn likes this.
  14. banksman45

banksman45 Rear Admiral

Playing the Dawn of a Galaxy and this is the survivor camp? hmm I guess I expected something a little more secure. lol Oh well ... Time to run at the Alien POI with my little pistol like a mad man.
    lol Screenshot (629).png
    Screenshot (631).png

Last edited: Apr 22, 2017
    Kyrt Malthorn likes this.
  15. Kyrt Malthorn

Kyrt Malthorn Captain

@N99024 , just the lower right one is copped from someone's art. If you mean are they both over budget, yes, ugh...

N99024 likes this.
  16. N99024

N99024 Captain

Great news, like I said the first time this was all scratch, since I've built it already once, I've done it again this time, completely finishing the back end of this all in one day. now I just need to do the underbelly. And the side details, now to get that HV finished.
    20170422180817_1.jpg

edit: I'll be releasing a Heavily armored and lightly armored version of it tomorrow

Last edited: Apr 23, 2017
  17. GoldDragon

GoldDragon Captain

My takeover of Omicron is complete with the fall of the Abandoned Factory. Now to finish a CV that I'm building so I can take my HV to Omicron's moon and points farther.

banksman45 likes this.
  18. Ballard

Ballard Rear Admiral

Today, after quite a while trying, I finally made up my mind. I left my MP game. EGS is no longer a viable MP game. The last straw was my need for just one bit of plastic so i can make a grow plot, and grow corn, for plastic. Every POI in the game is laid flat. Those few that have remaining bits that might be salvaged have player cores, and its a PVE starter world. I made a SV with a large inside lobby that i can stand in while I mine meteors on the moon. Getting pentaxid means having to run out, get radiated. All I need to fix that is a shower. All I need to make deco is some plastic. So.

Eleon, fix this please. I enjoy being part of a community in a game like this. PVP is not the only reason to play MP. STOP THIS incredibly unwise requirement that players raid POIs in order to advance, because there ARE NO POIS! None. They are all gone.

Back to creative and SP mode. Yes, I am mightily pissed off.

19. rainyday

rainyday Rear Admiral

Lessons learnt in creative today - don't edit LCD screens while holding a multi tool in hand. It took me more than one time to learn this... :rolleyes:

20. Kyrt Malthorn

Kyrt Malthorn Captain

So I'd been increasingly dissatisfied with my large CV's exterior hull, or some parts of it, while I was working on the interior that I seriously love. Decided it was time for some major revisions, so I braced myself and laid out a plan of action.

Step 1: strip hull elements I wasn't happy with / also the HV bay entrances, since this ship is no longer atmosphere rated.

Step 2: build something I might like better.

Failing that, Step 3 would be much more extensive demolition of the outer hull and a near complete redesign while maintaining the interior elements I like.

But here's where I stand without destroying things I thought worked.

Shipyards_2017-04-23_15-16-55.jpg

Added hangar extension / launch bays, and the midship top is torn up at the moment too. I may get rid of the top/center recessed hangar door; after sitting with the stacked hangar look for a while I wasn't very happy with it, thus the hangar expansion out into the new landing bay wings (much Batttlestar, very Galactica). What you don't see in this shot is that the underbelly currently looks like it's been bombed because I tore up the HV deck.

I'll sleep on this one. It's an improvement, but want to be sure before I commit more construction time.

binhthuy71, Ballard, rainyday and 3 others like this.