What did you do in Empyrion today?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Slam Jones, Oct 17, 2015.

1. rucky

rucky Rear Admiral

:)
    Yeah, they add to the cockpit don't they? ;-)
    And I see you've got the update with the Spots already, have added them today.

68plex likes this.
  2. banksman45

banksman45 Rear Admiral

Well started building the interior of my CV and it's going to be a while before I finish. lol Somethings you just can't do on a smaller ship that are just entertaining to me. Like have different levels on your CV which if you love role playing adds to the fun. I'm not finished with the interior but this ship is only a class 6. For the size of this thing that is pretty good. Screenshot (76).png

Screenshot (74).png

Last edited: Jun 15, 2017
  3. banksman45

banksman45 Rear Admiral

Decided to do some weapons testing and see how it handles in space.
    Screenshot (65).png

It appears that I may need to turn up the difficulty level on the NPCs because this was too easy. The carrier didn't last long at all. Weapons test successful . lol
    Screenshot (71).png

4. binhthuy71

binhthuy71 Rear Admiral

@banksman45, Impressive scale! The second pic from the top makes it abundantly clear that the game needs bowling alley deco.

rucky and banksman45 like this.
  5. banksman45

banksman45 Rear Admiral

Thanks.!!! A bowling alley would help fill some of the spaces on this ship. lol This is why we need modders to have full access to this game so they could mod in things like a bowling alley. Have you played interstella rift? It's a Space survival building game too and they have little things like a working jukebox that plays music that you can add to your ships. I hope we start getting little things like that in this game.

rucky likes this.
  6. banksman45

banksman45 Rear Admiral

To be honest I can build larger ships in Empyrion easier than I could with Space Engineers without taking a performance hit. Of course in SE you can go a lot bigger but performance wise I didn't notice any difference when flying this ship around. Also with my carrier which is way bigger than this ship I still can fly it around in space without a problem .

7. vicomt

vicomt Captain

Prepare yourselves......

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 15, 2017
  8. banksman45

banksman45 Rear Admiral

WOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!! Now that is how you build a engine room.

vicomt likes this.
  9. vicomt

vicomt Captain

wait til you see the rest of it ;)

Siege Inc. and banksman45 like this.
  10. oojimaflip

oojimaflip Captain

Gone Public! Tell Sid!
    Sleipnir
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Still lots I'd *like* to do... but just had to get it out there... comments and suggestions welcome as always!

Space Moles Salute you!;)

Kaeser, Robot Shark, rucky and 4 others like this.
  11. vicomt

vicomt Captain

On today's episode of "how did that get there???!?!?!" we give you.....

[​IMG]

Siege Inc., banksman45 and rainyday like this.
  12. rainyday

rainyday Rear Admiral

YOU REPAINTED IT?!? You're crazier than I thought ... :D

13. banksman45

banksman45 Rear Admiral

I don't know what's more impressive the ship design or the fact you painted and fully detailed something that big. This is awesome work sir.
    I would love to see a ship this size flying around on a multiplayer server or maybe trying to fight off a Squad of SVs.

oojimaflip and vicomt like this.
  14. banksman45

banksman45 Rear Admiral

Empyrion should add a power management system that allows us to controls how much power goes to what system. You put something that in a Engine room that looks like this. It would be EPIC for role playing.

rucky and oojimaflip like this.
  15. oojimaflip

oojimaflip Captain

Not quite *fully* detailed... yet. We'll get around to it, like all the others, eventually, hopefully!:cool:

banksman45 and Siege Inc. like this.
  16. vicomt

vicomt Captain

Errr..... Did we really break the workshop? @Fractalite ?

17. Booyaah

Booyaah Captain

Is there a command in creative to auto grow crops? I enabled debugmenu and set the time speed to 100 but they don't seem to be growing any faster :(

Last edited: Jun 16, 2017
  18. 68plex

68plex Captain

So the question is: Is it realistic to think an early-game player just wandering around, can scrounge up enough materials - BEFORE building a quick temporary BA - to throw into the factory and get a Mobile Base CV instead? In truth, I'm not convinced that it is. But you guys got me thinking about this the other day, and I wanted to try just the same.

In terms of CHEAP Mobile Base CVs, my last attempt, while ominus and crazy-cool looking, was a complete failure in my book, requiring 2200 iron.

So back to the drawing board. I'm happy to say I've succeeded in making a LVL 7 CV blueprint that requires less than 1000 iron... basically a large constructor with a CV built around it almost as an afterthought, though offering the added benefit of mobility (the new A6 PVs are responsible for breeding this sense of necessity) But I'm not even sure THIS is a viable solution. What do you guys think... not about my CV, but about how realistic an endeavor it is?

NewSV_2017-06-15_20-06-24.jpg
    NewSV_2017-06-15_20-59-17.jpg

Good God, why did I paint that thing yellow? :)

19. binhthuy71

binhthuy71 Rear Admiral

It looks fine in yellow. I'm trying something similar and although it's possible to build a (relatively) tiny CV I find that building them too small can make them an awkward PITA to use as a Base for very long. The main concern for me is that you will have to deal with PV's sooner or later. The only CV weapons that work in-atmosphere are the cannon turret, minigun turret, and the sentry turret . You would be hard pressed to take down a PV with the limited number of these guns that you can place on a small CV so you'll almost certainly need to put up some robust defenses as quickly as possible. Or you could hope that the PV either doesn't find you or that you can fly your CV out of harm's way.

68plex likes this.
  20. 68plex

68plex Captain

Well, my thinking is just to run from the PV. I wouldn't dream of engaging it with that dinky CV. All the mobile base CV is to me is a platform to have a large constructor at your disposal, and, unlike a BA, one that's mobile. Once you have the mobile base, you can move from deposit to deposit without hassle, flee if need be, then build all manner of good stuff, especially a SV to kill the PV. I'm just not sure if it's feasible to expect to be able to gather the resources 'on foot' so to speak. Because, if you end up having to build a small BA like underground or something, you might as well skip the mobile base altogether and just build your stuff using the BA large constructor.

Edit: I just wanted to mention also that a Mobile Base CV is only an alternative to that early starter base one constructs at the start of the game for a little shelter and large constructor and such. The mobile base CV should most certainly be left behind after you get established and move on to better things.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2017