What did you do in Empyrion today?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Slam Jones, Oct 17, 2015.

1. Moonsugar

Moonsugar Rear Admiral

To gather up to 1000 of each of the 4 base metals should be possible. Thats only about 500 ores (you will need some more for one or the other tool, weapons and such). The Neodym is not much of a problem, either: on Omikron there are the golems, on Akua the Titan wrecks (once you found the back you are set regarding iron, sathium and neodymium). But on Omikron Sathium is an issue. You would have to conquer a military POI to scrap the combat steel for Sa - i cannot imagine how to do that with just the assault rifle.

banksman45 and 68plex like this.
  2. Siege Inc.

Siege Inc. Rear Admiral

You can dock HVs to CVs though....so make turret HVs that dock with the CV and can be deployed upon landing to defend it.

binhthuy71 and rucky like this.
  3. Robot Shark

Robot Shark Rear Admiral

I was about to suggest replacing the rocket launcher to bring the LVL requirement down. You beat me to it.
    I just think it looks a little goofy with the barrels pointing out of it.

68plex likes this.
  4. rucky

rucky Rear Admiral

I have to admit, I still have no live experience with the PV.
    Still at Akua and surroundings, still the first game in 6.0.
    For me I first took the basic shelter the game provided me at the start, placed constructor etc. then did mining (planetside and asteroids (there's both Sathium and Neodymium.))
    As I never activated the "This is my Base" toggle, I also never got these Drones at the beginning - I'm playing medium dif with maxed enemy spawn set.

Then as I had enough from any material, I thought of building either a good Base OR building a mobile one.
    I tried with some cool and good small Bases first (in 5.5 that is) but was not satisfied. Too unflexible.
    So... going mobile. In 5.5 I found a cool small CV cool looking, and nearly perfect.
    So I changed a few things to my liking and, vola, The Neutro-Explorer was born.
    It was my first Workshop-Upload ;-)
    But still, even as it is small, it's still above 9000 Iron and 2600 Sathium.
    Nothing I would say are for beginners...

Now in 6.0 I tried to find a new one, even smaller (yes, I'm like that), to become my first base.
    I had no luck, found size 10, some size 6 ones... come on, guys, where's something for the poor guys here?! ;-)
    So again, I tried my own thing. And finally finally... => The HOME-ONE was born.

Yes, its over 1000 Iron (1500 that is) but that's manageble I think.
    I'm still at Akua, being at this base, as written has added two Cargo-SVs (they're in the meanwhile are both at 70% full !!:confused:!!)
    And it's good living in there - even if a bit tight and narrow, yes I have to admit.
    Still I've added an airfield (Drones are in the meanwhile already gone. Was was it, 7 Waves? Where's that with MAX SPAWNING and the infinite setting in the yaml?!), added three(!) green houses (you remember? I had some problems with their O2 floating in the beginning) and being set.

After building some - for my taste - very heavy Fighter-SV (2000 Iron!! More than my Base!) I had raided some Bases already (my god, even the small Outpost gave me way more than 1000 Combat steel blocks!!!!) but I think, it's okay, even if Akua isn't cleaned... it doesn't have to.

Edit: It was Hardened Steel, not Combat Steel. But around 1300, that's still alot Sathium!

So again, I'm now planning my trip to the moon.
    Taking my Base with me (already have tons of canned food), so leaving the rest behind. But as anything is already in that CV-Base, the departure is not a question of how or what, only when. ;-)

Wait...
    What was the question again??

Ah...
    CV-Bases, Beginning, Resources and PV.
    As I've said, I have no live-experience, but don't you think 10 turrets (6 Minigun, 4 Cannon) should not be enough?!
    (That's the amount I can attach to my small Home-CV...)

[​IMG]

on the other side I always have one or two or three small barebones MG-Nests in the factory prebuild. (No Link as not uploaded)
    Just the necessary stuff, no armor, these guns shall only SHOOT.
    Just some 70 standard Ingots each... you can floor your complete surrounding with such things.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 16, 2017
  5. rucky

rucky Rear Admiral

That's my actual live-base at Akua atm.

[​IMG]

6. Starwing6

Starwing6 Rear Admiral

Last night involved so much crashy mayhem that we barely got to play. Yesterday I played in the afternoon though, and was able to learn a lot about hover mining from @rainyday :) I wanted to learn how to do it before I try it myself.

[​IMG]

This Triceratops was not informed about this excavation in advance. :p At first I thought he'd need a little help, but he can climb surprisingly well.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This HV is really impressive and made fast work of that mine! I think it was a fantastic demonstration of a good way to mine with an HV. I'm not saying my husband did anything wrong, but I wanted to learn how to avoid a similar mining accident. ;)

UPDATE: Oh no, our game is broken. I feel very sad about this :( The game was never this unstable for us during the experimental phase for 6.0. This time we were really playing for real too. :(

I hope it can be fixed. My husband's game crashes right when he enters the server. I was the least bugged, so I tried to get out of the base to make an emergency save of the rocket incase @rainyday doesn't have a blueprint of the latest modifications, but I couldn't make it out of the base before crashing. :(

Last edited: Jun 16, 2017
    rucky and rainyday like this.
  7. rucky

rucky Rear Admiral

oh... that's sad to hear...

8. rucky

rucky Rear Admiral

btw...

where's my Fighter ?! :confused::eek:o_O

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

ah... yes....

Reason behind, I'm getting fitted for Moon (and beyond)...

My heavy fighter - won't get out without some serious firepower!

[​IMG]

The Base itself is good armed too: 6x Miniguns, 1x Drill for Asteroid Mining - I can't take my Mining Machine with me atm... :(:mad::oops:

[​IMG]

but my litte SRS (SkyRocketSled) is onboard!

[​IMG]

yes, the jungle eh. plants hamper in the view... I know...
    but after the jungle thins out...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

still have to letter all those tiny screens...
    but I think, I'm ready to go!

:):cool::D

Robot Shark, rainyday and Siege Inc. like this.
  9. rainyday

rainyday Rear Admiral

@Starwing6 Rocket ship is safe - it takes more than one corrupted game to get rid of that. Not sure whether its a good or bad thing - but we will eventually find out :D

Siege Inc. and Starwing6 like this.
  10. Starwing6

Starwing6 Rear Admiral

@rainyday I'm glad the rocket is safe! I think it's truly amazing. :D

I see this as a perfect opportunity to start on another planet. I've played on Omicron in single player mode but I have never even seen Ningues. I really want to play there!

11. Siege Inc.

Siege Inc. Rear Admiral

Work continues on the station. Roughed in the crew quarters. Made a few changes here and there to other sections. Most notably hydroponics(changed to be expandable), ripped out the detention blocks/armory and redid it, and I removed a bunch of piping to save on triangle count. FPS still dips when looking at the station but it doesn't lag nearly as badly so it was worth it.

Currently staring at the engine room trying to figure out what I want to do with it.

12. oojimaflip

oojimaflip Captain

Put all the pipes back in? :D

rucky, rainyday and Siege Inc. like this.
  13. Siege Inc.

Siege Inc. Rear Admiral

LOL I'd really like to but at the same time I need to keep the station from becoming so unwieldy it's unusable. Getting to a point where I have to decide what I can live without.

/sad...so sad :oops:

rainyday likes this.
  14. rainyday

rainyday Rear Admiral

I hear you. I just recently converted size 27 build to size 6. That was a lot of tearing down pipes... among other things... :rolleyes:

banksman45 and rucky like this.
  15. rucky

rucky Rear Admiral

size..... 27........
    hey, why's the Font size only going until 7? I want it to 27!!!!!

rainyday likes this.
  16. 68plex

68plex Captain

Yeah, I guess 500 ore is doable, isn't it... I always forget they double in ingots. This is good. Btw, there is a crashed vessel on Omicron, and it's hardened steel. So for the sath, it all boils down to looting a multi-tool from a neutral POI (without a large constructor at your disposal yet)... and we all know how FEW tier 1 multi-tools there are in loot crates in this game ;)

17. 68plex

68plex Captain

Definitely not as sleek as your original design, that's for sure.

18. binhthuy71

binhthuy71 Rear Admiral

There are plenty of good workarounds. I'm going for overkill until the PV's behavior gets sorted. I deploy at least three AA microbuses (Two missile launchers and two flak cannon each) as soon as I find a place to park my CV planetside. Next thing I'm going to try is using a combat steel microbase as a decoy to keep the PV harmlessly busy in the kill zone.

Siege Inc. likes this.
  19. banksman45

banksman45 Rear Admiral

I don't think the PVs are on Akua. I think the devs didn't want to put PVs there but they're on the rest of the planets.

20. Starwing6

Starwing6 Rear Admiral

I was able to get my game working again and saw an actual star with a wing! Well, it's red wing isn't visible here, but I only had a split second to catch it.

[​IMG]