What did you do in Empyrion today?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Slam Jones, Oct 17, 2015.

1. piddlefoot

piddlefoot Rear Admiral

7 hours of mining ore, mostly iron......

Tyrax Lightning likes this.
  2. StarCitizen

StarCitizen Lieutenant

Hey whats the deal with creative mode? It says you do not have to worry about food, oxygen or resources, but the couple of times I have tried creative mode it seems to me like you still need to mine your resources? Is this the case? Both times I have started up in the Omicron orbit to build in space, you start with a SV and on a base with all the required equipment for building, constructors etc, but no ores? Cant just build on the constructors either with nothing in them, so whats the deal? Do you have to mine resources in creative or not? I feel like I am missing something really simple...

3. Slam Jones

Slam Jones Rear Admiral

Use the 'H' key to open the Creative menu ;)

4. StarCitizen

StarCitizen Lieutenant

Haha thanks, knew there was something simple. Do all my building in survival so I dont really care too much, just could not for the life of me figure out what I was missing lol.

Slam Jones and Tyrax Lightning like this.
  5. Tyrax Lightning

Tyrax Lightning Rear Admiral

Know how ya feel. Plenty of times while I was new to the game i've had to go into the Options just to look up Controls... & there may yet be some I haven't gotten the hang of. :)

Slam Jones likes this.
  6. wrenchinator

wrenchinator Commander

The continuing antics of COP on the Event Horizon server: You know how it is when you want to impress the new guy? Me either. So Moto decided to impress Xenomorph970 by taking Xeno to Maspereon. As usual I was building things when I got a one word text. HELP! Logging into the EH server from home is problematic for me as my connect is horrid. Still, I happened to be ready to spawn the latest version of the WVW-Traveler, an older design I just upgraded to new levels of serviceability, so what the heck I think. I logged in only to find both faction mates stuck on the surface of a very hostile planet with no way off. Turns out Moto took this little helicopter looking ship I had built down there. When I first started playing Empyrion I built a number of SV that looked like various helicopters, since we didn't have blueprints yet they never got saved and I quit making them for one very good reason. They get shot down a lot. Still I remade one just to have it and I like they way they look and fly and support ground ops, away from bases that shoot at you. So the Dragonfly (named by me lovely wife) was destroyed and they needed me to come get them. Tada, I spawn the Traveler, fuel her up and throw in some ammo for good measure and off I go. I enter the planet, found the stranded pair running in circles pulling a TRAIN (EQ anyone?) of mobs behind them. I land and unlike soo many previous attempts by soo many previous people in just such a predicament it was easy for the new guy to find a way on board. Even though he never saw the ship before. The sentry guns opened up on the mobs as Moto jumped into the ships elevator, they were seated in seconds and we were off. Owing of course to the damn fine ship I built ;).

Tyrax Lightning and Rayah like this.
  7. Tyrax Lightning

I can't help but to wonder if it woulda been a good learning experience for those 2 if ya had let Natural Selection take its course. :p

Edit: Oh, & Update: Had to return to Akua for more food, to make 8 2x2 Vertical Windows, & to borrow my Akua Constructor to turn some Hydrogen into a reload of Hydrogen Fuel Packs for my SV. Also I got a H2/O2 Generator on that Aestus Slime in full force workin on cranking out that Hydrogen... & who knows? Maybe i'll find a use for all that Oxygen too. (Maybe i'll throw it onto the CV for CV Oxygen Supply since CVs can't self sufficiency Oxygen at this time.)

Edit 2: I can sit there be doing nothing except be idle & not moving at all while AFK Processing stuff in a Constructor, & have my Inventory Screen open & notice that despite the fact that i'm as idle & doing nothing as I can get, i'm still sometimes ticking down TWO Food Numbers instead of One... why the hell do Space People think they need such a damn overdrive Metabolism?

Last edited: Mar 9, 2016
  8. =TCR= Big_Red

=TCR= Big_Red Rear Admiral

Haven't played for 3 days. Have over 1000hrs in the game so far. Thinking I'm burned out.

9. StarCitizen

StarCitizen Lieutenant

Yup just learned the escape pod is flyable here today on the forums lol

10. Brokenshakles

Brokenshakles Rear Admiral

Take a break until alpha comes out then, you have earned it.

Slam Jones and Tyrax Lightning like this.
  11. Tyrax Lightning

Sometimes a respite can be in order. It may do ya good to take a break on something else then return after Alpha.

Slam Jones likes this.
  12. Boss_CyAn1d3

Boss_CyAn1d3 Commander

Well the Wanderer is complete for the most part, shes at Akua currently so an MBT (or two) can be built out and loaded into the GV deck for ground ops.

idk how i managed it, but i have a BIGGER & HEAVIER CV that draws LESS than the Nomad did with more engines & just as many internal components.

When id full throttle the Nomad inner atmosphere (Akua), shed draw ~%45 power.... The Wanderer does the same with only %17 draw.
    Hovering, she draws ~%7-10 Nomad would draw ~%20.

The landing pad we had for the Nomad is useless, as the Wanderer is significantly longer, luckily we have a nice flat, shallow lake outside that made for a perfect parking spot :)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

and a shot of the Bridge, im particularly proud of this ships interior :D (ill take some more pics of that later, the garden isnt quite planted)

[​IMG]

once we have the MBT(s) loaded up, shes off to Ningues for a hunting trip, then Aestus to provide fire support from drones & mobs (someons sitting in a 30mm cannon for that... not trusting auto targeting on mobs...) while a forward operating base is established.

there is still plenty of room to add more players in the server, feel free to message me about joining :)

Last edited: Mar 10, 2016
  13. BachelorSean

BachelorSean Ensign

How did you park your CV evenly on the water? I tried to land it on lake with landing gears or a flat bottom like yours but it just won't float. I really would like to use my CV as FOB but unable to flatten it has drive me crazy. Thanks!

14. Boss_CyAn1d3

Boss_CyAn1d3 Commander

i must have gotten lucky and wedged it just right in between the two shores. i didnt have to get out and flatten it, just kept up and down and turning off navigation till she settled and stayed put.

oh... and the Co-Op server is now toast...
    save game bug killed it.. :(

So now the server is down, and probably will be until after alpha where ill open it up to the group for creative design testing with the new blocks for 2 weeks, then we will start anew with Co-Op survival again.

im just thankful this happened with Alpha around the corner, so the concept of a restart wasnt going to sting much to me and my players regardless.... we just didnt expect this to happen like this :/

15. Tyrax Lightning

I offer my condolences to your Server. :(

Might not be a bad idea to keep regularly maintained Backups of the World Files... (After Alpha.)

16. Slam Jones

Slam Jones Rear Admiral

Another day, another battle. Red and Blue SVs met up and fought in Orbit over Aestus.

Hard to count the damage, but feel free to watch and decide for yourself.

17. NafreiuX

NafreiuX Captain

Looks very impressive :) How many participants were there?
    Also do you organize CV battles as well?

18. Slam Jones

Slam Jones Rear Admiral

Well we had 5 Reds and 4 Blues logged in, so I volunteered to sit out and record instead of fight, so it was 4v4 through the battle. :)

Haven't done any CV combat yet, as we feel like mods would add a lot of flexibility, and general ability, to conduct CV warfare in a non-messy manner. That said, I think we are doing a "boarding-and-raiding" style PvP match next week, so we'll see how that goes :) I think this means we'll have one or two very large CVs with interiors, in which we will run around with hand-held weapons and shoot at each other. I usually play Battlefield if I want gunplay, but I think it should be fun anyway :)

In the future, we will definitely be having CV vs CV battles though! We would just like to have a few conveniences likely provided by modding support when it comes around (i.e. being able to direct fire of all turrets toward your mouse cursor, World-of-Warships-style, also, shielding for the Blue team and heavier Armor blocks for Red team. And, most of all, NPCs to man the ships! :D )

19. Boss_CyAn1d3

Boss_CyAn1d3 Commander

thats among the plans..
    sadly even rolling it back to a previous save didnt salvage it :/

20. Tyrax Lightning

For the first time ever, I managed to hop onto the Eleon Test Server! :D

Got a Base started & part done there as well!

[​IMG]