What did you do in Empyrion today?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Slam Jones, Oct 17, 2015.

1. Starwing6

Starwing6 Rear Admiral

@rainyday I love the pictures you captured of the Drone Base assault! Seeing all the smoking wrecks is fantastic :cool:

Tyrax Lightning and rainyday like this.
  2. banksman45

banksman45 Rear Admiral

I'm addicted to this aimanager command. lol Decided to spawn 3 ships from my new CV blueprint and go to war with Freighters and carriers I spawned in with the AI manager. It worked pretty good didn't have any real lag but I haven't tried spawning in more than 3 at a time.
    Screenshot (156).png Screenshot (159).png

68plex, vicomt, rucky and 3 others like this.
  3. binhthuy71

binhthuy71 Rear Admiral

SV work in progress.
    SV_WIP29.png

Isil`Zha, banksman45, 68plex and 6 others like this.
  4. rucky

rucky Rear Admiral

Are some of these Bases from user made?

I've desided to cleanse the planet from all and every AI Base, and done so with the Drone Base at Akua yesterday, and today I'm in the Abandoned Mine.

WHAT A FUN!!!

WWOA!!!!
    This is really lovely stuff there! The small Outposts, Spaceport (?? why's that a space port??) were good, but these two POIs, my god,...
    Trap doors, holes in the floor (you will fall very very deep - but you get into the range of the generators!!!), really, I could only survive that massacre through some micro-SV I brought in...
    And now in the abandoned mine, funny!! yeah, really really well made!!
    Why's there not a lot more than these superb POIs??
    Devs, make some more of them and get some hints into new trailers! I wondered where the "full of hidden dangers" from the description are...
    I think I found some :)
    (btw.. first I had some heart attack as I heard the screamers from 7 days to die expecting some zmbie horde attacking soon...)
    and btw. some of the loot containers are very well hidden...!!

5. Uncle Benny

Uncle Benny Commander

Today (and admittedly the past week) I've been recording a lot of let's play footage; figured I'd give a sneak peek as to what I've been up to.

First on the list: way too much concrete. I can't see another cement bag or pile of rock dust...

[​IMG]

Once I had my platforms done, I parked my first-ever-self-built CV on it (left), as well as it's bigger (re-designed) brother, the MkII (right). The MkII still needs another paint/texture pass, and weapons, and some more internal deco work. Yes, the cockpits come from the tier 2 prefab CV (also known as the Polaris); I liked the look so I re-built them on my own CV's.

[​IMG]

No base is complete without a bunch of things that let you build stuff to build more stuff... on the left foreground the furnace hall, where I keep my furnaces and my ingot storage. It also has 2 constructors in the tiny little extension on it. On the right we have the generator house where I keep my generators and fuel tanks. In the background on the left, a ramp goes down to a cavern under the base that used to be an iron deposit. And on the right, in the background, the O2 tank farm.

[​IMG]

My first HV build in this world, the Cargobeetch Mk 1 - it's sole purpose is to be a mobile storage unit that I can drag back and forth between projects.

[​IMG]

And a shot of the generator room because it's the first base element I ever built where I went ahead and added decorative items, and textured it. I'm usually more of a unpainted-function-over-form-deathcube type person... (of course the room itself needs textured too but hey...)

Fuel tanks are behind the shutter doors, there's a 2nd one behind the generators, and with all furnaces and constructors going I have enough fuel storage to last about 4 days.

[​IMG]

And that's what I've done in Empyrion today. And last week. Today I actually just ran around checking on autominers and grabbing them ores...

6. Starwing6

Starwing6 Rear Admiral

Last night Timo spawned our second CV, Kivutar. She's mostly unfinished inside because I've been so busy playing in MP.

[​IMG]

I love how the expedition Base Camp is being populated by so many amazing vessels of every type. :cool:

I passed most of the evening working on the interior of Kivutar. I installed some necessary devices and gave the common areas its base coat in black--other than one wall I've vandalized a couple different ways so far. Anyhow, I need to see it all black before I add any colour and deco, and I leave lights until the end. I make everyone deal with a very dark environment for some time!

While I was painting, I read the message "..." from @rainyday and I knew something happened. lol So I asked and he replied "Nothing..." and something to the effect of 'Ilmatar is perfectly fine.' So I had to run and then ride my motorbike across the base camp to observe the damage. It's true, he did park like Timo! :)

[​IMG]

I've never managed to cause explosions when I park, but now I think I know how. It looks like landing in the upper hangar through the top is the way to do it. I always enter through the other hangar door that's open in this shot. I think one day I'll give it a try, but not with my current SV because it's light and fragile--it will damage Ilmatar but probably destroy my vessel.

7. Uncle Benny

Uncle Benny Commander

Love the design on that 2nd CV!

banksman45 and Tyrax Lightning like this.
  8. Starwing6

Starwing6 Rear Admiral

I really like the designs Timo comes up with also. I do the interiors only. ;)

Tyrax Lightning and Uncle Benny like this.
  9. rainyday

rainyday Rear Admiral

It's true - I shoot baby lizards AND I can't park! :D

Besides that, I mostly did mining stuff yesterday - located and marked the asteroids around Ningues (and mined some of them too) for easy access. Gotta love the map markers. Also some emptying & refueling of autominers. Made preparations for the upcoming mining trip to Aitis and Masperon Moon. I really need to gather up a ton of materials - there's already two Kalevala inspired CV's on the server - Ilmatar and Kivutar - I want to add my own to that collection: Ilmarinen. Speaking of which, it's updated for 6.0 with ventilators, armor lockers etc. - but I really should add some sensors & switches too.

Too bad CV + CV docking isn't a thing, that new CV miner (UMS) I did would probably fit nicely on the landing strip of Ilmarinen :) I will probably have to move my armada to the orbit at some point, its getting bit crowded. Ningues has been really nice, and we still have places left to explore (like the drone base) - but I think we will need to start looking at a new destination at some point - and maybe orbital space station wouldn't be a bad base of operations :)

10. Uncle Benny

Uncle Benny Commander

Orbital bases 4tw. Still want to build one but as you can see I'm still working on a ridiculously oversized shipyard where I build things (or attempt to, at any rate, my ship building skills aren't brilliant). One of these days I'll have to find me a MP server where I can pull this stuff off :D

11. rainyday

rainyday Rear Admiral

Hostile POI's are mostly old designs (I have no knowledge of the original makers) - but they have been recently updated (not all yet, but most) by the players. Epsilon stuff (Akua) is updated by @Fractalite and @Pantera (Drone Base for example). Abandoned Mine has been brought up to date by @Frigidman

There's a lot more of those on other planets. There's the Abandoned Factory, Missile Silo, many other Drone Bases and tons of smaller bases - just go out and explore :)

Tyrax Lightning likes this.
  12. rainyday

rainyday Rear Admiral

Yeah I was looking at that - pretty impressive! :) Any structural integrity issues?

Tyrax Lightning likes this.
  13. Uncle Benny

Uncle Benny Commander

None so far, the platforms are all sitting on pillars, took a bit of trial and error to find the right spacing but a pillar every 8th block does the trick, each "row" is also offset from eachother by 4 blocks or so. Looking at the SI view the worst you get is some mild dirty red/green on some corners.

Working on the 3rd platform now, 4th after that, and there will probably be 5 more added over time, I need to go actually get me some crushed rock. First time ever I've ran out of concrete since I've started playing Empyrion...

Edit: I'll make a screeny of the bottom of the whole enchilada to show what I mean, but that'll have to wait a bit, working (well, supposed to be) at the moment.

14. Uncle Benny

Uncle Benny Commander

@rainyday - here's a few screenshots of how the platforms are built;

I build the pillars and "ribs" first:

[​IMG]

Those get filled in afterwards, obviously :)

From below it looks like this:

[​IMG]

15. binhthuy71

binhthuy71 Rear Admiral

Finished the first take on a Retro SV. I used wall blocks to form the green decorative bits. It's an easy way to add some visual interest. Cockpit has LCD signs as monitors (Thanks, Fluffy!). Pics show all the rest:
    NewGame_1_2017-06-27_22-26-53.png
    NewGame_1_2017-06-28_06-42-54.png
    NewGame_1_2017-06-28_06-43-29.png
    Close up in daylight of the decorative bit:
    NewGame_1_2017-06-28_06-49-58.png

16. Frigidman

Frigidman Rear Admiral

Yup, so many POI updates... its all a blur in my head which ones now lol! Rados, Ghost Rider, Xenu, Orbital Spire, That DAMN Mine that no one can be happy with however I do the Core........... multiple people worked on each set as well, collaborating on styles for those old sets.

I think a tiny handful of POI are left.

Tyrax Lightning, rucky and Siege Inc. like this.
  17. Uncle Benny

Uncle Benny Commander

*rabblerabblerabble* *grr* core *rabblerabble*

Actually, comparing it to the 5.0 version of the abandoned mine I think the redesign is more entertaining :D

Tyrax Lightning and Frigidman like this.
  18. Robot Shark

Robot Shark Rear Admiral

I just did a quickie today, Updated the Leopoldi to use 6.2's cockpit and spotlights.
    Decided to make a slightly longer, armored version.

I need to thank Nuke again for allowing me to modify his Zip.

20170628100616_1.jpg

19. rainyday

rainyday Rear Admiral

@Uncle Benny That looks like a solid foundation.

- - - - - -
    I figured that I've never done a true starter SV - so I thought I would do one. Well, to be honest - I did this because I wanted a simple and small ship to get around places, but it ended up being kinda cheap too. So I figured it would be perfect starter SV too. And I ended up doing a 'fighter' version of it - just in case :)

In the background, unarmed PSI T33 'Shooting Star' light scout and in the foreground F33 'Shooting Star' light fighter variant. Differences include gatling gun and bit longer fuselage to house more thrusters to carry the extra weight of the gun and ammo box.
    20170628213745_1.jpg
    20170628214953_1.jpg
    20170627160647_1.jpg

PSI T33 'Shooting Star' light scout:
    20170628213942_1.jpg

PSI F33 'Shooting Star' light fighter:
    20170628213954_1.jpg

20. binhthuy71

binhthuy71 Rear Admiral

@rainyday, very good work! I particularly like the way your design integrates the new cockpit.