What did you do in Empyrion today?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Slam Jones, Oct 17, 2015.

1. rainyday

rainyday Rear Admiral

Some SP too. I started Piddlefoots scenario. My starting planet is Amy and the Patrol Vessel has quickly become my nemesis.
    20170627202858_1.jpg I started quite near the PV landing pad but despite the obvious danger - I decided to make the wreckage POI my home.

20170628155340_1.jpg I just got my cannon running and some ammo for it as the PV paid a visit in the middle of the night. I had to leave, quickly. I don't have any combat HV's or SV's yet and really low on ammo. Single cannon turret did not slow the PV down even the slightest... PV wins round one.

20170628160836_1.jpg In the morning, it looked like this. Turret, core, generator and couple other things gone - but I still had most of my stuff. I repaired most of the damage went to get magnesium for the ammo.

20170701130849_1.jpg
    Round two. Four cannon turrets. I still had limited ammo but it was enough to take out the PV turrets without own losses. But could not bring it down before I run out of ammo... Draw. Had to do more mining.

20170701134055_1.jpg It was following me along as I went mining... but no guns it posed no real danger. Not sure if these things go to homebase for repairs, but I figured I'd be ready if it does.

20170701163005_1.jpg All ready for round three. I have more rounds for the cannon turrets - also added two missile turrets. Im cautiously optimistic that I can cripple it this time. Just need to wait...

2. Furious Hellfire

Furious Hellfire Rear Admiral

Tyrax Lightning and rainyday like this.
  3. Kassonnade

Kassonnade Rear Admiral

@rainyday

When playing multiplayer can't the server owner adjust gravity on planets ?

Tyrax Lightning likes this.
  4. rainyday

rainyday Rear Admiral

I guess so... but I wouldn't change anything :) Would be boring if every planet was Akua :) I love Aitis for it's challenge.

5. Kassonnade

Kassonnade Rear Admiral

I don't want you to get bored. It was just a question. :p

6. Siege Inc.

Siege Inc. Rear Admiral

Been working on my colony outpost some more. I'm finishing up the texture/paint on the first round of buildings and then I'll build a base out of 'em. First round is basic stuff: habitat module, greenhouse module, medlab module, armory module, an elevator, the connecting tunnels, basic power generator, fuel, and oxygen storage, landing pad, signal relay tower.

The next round will involve larger, more complex buildings: an HV hangar, the power station, a large fuel storage tank, a control tower, a guard post, a warehouse, and a couple larger buildings which I'm not sure what I'm going to do with yet.

Round three will involve the factory, the spaceport, apartment complexes, radar station, a few office buildings, a skyscraper, a park, and a couple other buildings I've built which I'm not sure what I'll do with yet. Might put it all together into a city block type arrangement at that point.

Edit: I was thinking it might also be cool if some of the structures upgraded with each stage of the settlement. A level one building would be kind of a basic structure. A level two version would add on to the existing structure and so on. That way you could watch the settlement evolve even more over time. I wonder if I can squeeze that idea in there somewhere with some of the buildings.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2017
  7. Kassonnade

Kassonnade Rear Admiral

I wanted to make a huge base in space to be able to spawn it anywhere but just like it happened to you some time ago I could not put it on the ground, I never found a place where the "red cube" would turn "blue". So I wasted many hours to learn this limit the hard way...

8. binhthuy71

binhthuy71 Rear Admiral

Could you build it as a CV?

9. Kassonnade

Kassonnade Rear Admiral

Too heavy... :lol:

I started something. In fact I did something a few weeks ago that reaches the 200 block limit in 8 "summits" of the "cube" but I did not put many devices in it, and it was before 6.0. I did not take it down on a planet yet... you gave me the impulse to look more into this !

10. Siege Inc.

Siege Inc. Rear Admiral

I was thinking with building a city you'd probably want to do it by city blocks. That way you don't run into the same problems trying to place it like the megasize bases. Build out several different blocks and just plop those down and connect them with some bridges after.

Tyrax Lightning and Kassonnade like this.
  11. Tyrax Lightning

Tyrax Lightning Rear Admiral

LOL

I nominate you for Top Empyrion Comics Maker! :D

That's some mighty cool Adventuring there for ya'all! :D

I was under the impression that Aitis & Aestus were so Hostile that one was best off landing a CV down, deploying a Mining HV, & Mining HVing the Ore Veins then driving back to the CV & taking off. Ya'all got guts tryin to hoof it on those Planets. :)

rainyday and Kassonnade like this.
  12. rainyday

rainyday Rear Admiral

Well that WAS our original plan. But you know how it goes when you go from planning to action...

Starwing6 and Tyrax Lightning like this.
  13. N99024

N99024 Captain

Well, after a long time of Silence and working/building, I think I'm ready to open my mouth again about a smaller side project I worked on.......
    20170702005420_1.jpg
    Quick Teaser Image until I post the workshop submission tomorrow. (Technically later today for me) But for now I need my rest.

14. Starwing6

Starwing6 Rear Admiral

I wasn't able to post yesterday--that epic ~5 hour game session was amazing but took its toll on me. :p That was probably the greatest adventure I've had in Empyrion to date! We finally went on our first mining excursion--destination: Aittis.

Picture spam...

[​IMG]

In transit. This is my favourite warp capture so far. I like catching these moments as they happen!

[​IMG]

Arrived at Aittis orbit.

[​IMG]

Assault on the Drone Base was a beautiful spectacle. This was Kivutar's maiden voyage and we had to test her combat abilities because that's what she was designed for. The Drone Base didn't stand a chance!

[​IMG]

An overview of the aftermath. :cool:

[​IMG]

There wasn't much we could do without a combat SV onboard. This PV did awful things, and I don't mean shooting down @rainyday (although that was awful too). All I'll say is that what happened cannot be unseen. :eek:

[​IMG]

After @rainyday was able to get his SV operational again, we had to get out of there!

[​IMG]

We went back to the planet's surface with our SVs to mine that precious gold, collect all our vessels, and call it a night. When we logged in again last night, we were all in space instead of the main hall of Kivutar where we left off. o_O

[​IMG]

We went back to Ningues instead of continuing on to Masperon's moon--mining excursions are always fun. I think we should go in our primary CV, Ilmatar, for that mission. That way we can bring our combat HV, Thorn, and take down some alien installations while we're there.

[​IMG]

We arrived at our base camp just before sunrise. Right away, Timo moved his rescued HV and did some work to improve it. @rainyday worked on his badly damaged SV, and got her good as new in no time! :cool:

Timo was inspired to start building a sauna base on the side of the mountain seen in the left of the image above. There's a sweet spot where you can leap all the way down into a small hot springs pool. He's working on it right now and it's just so fabulous already! I can't wait to see it all finished up.

Ningues feels like home now. We lived on Akua for so long (through all of the 6.o experimental phase), and Ningues just has a better feel to me. It reminds me of growing up in the Rocky Mountains, and skiing; I just love it. :D We are planning another expedition though, so I think I should get to work on a new base for that, so it'll be ready to spawn when we arrive and select a spot for our next base camp.

15. Starwing6

Starwing6 Rear Admiral

If anything, she'll make it more difficult. ;)

Tyrax Lightning, rucky and rainyday like this.
  16. rainyday

rainyday Rear Admiral

Technically speaking I wasn't shot down - there was somekind of glitch and I went straight thru the PV and all my internal stuff exploded. That's my story and Im sticking with it :D But it was hilarious, the rescue and numerous attempts to field repair the ship afterwards.

@N99024 That's a small side project...? :eek:

Tyrax Lightning and Starwing6 like this.
  17. rucky

rucky Rear Admiral

Tyrax Lightning and Starwing6 like this.
  18. Starwing6

Starwing6 Rear Admiral

@rainyday I had no idea it was a weird glitch! We also had part of that vessel stuck in the nose of our ship. That sure was a dramatic adventure through and through. :cool:

@rucky Thank you so much! I took far too many shots though--I still haven't caught up in my gallery after two days. :oops:

19. N99024

N99024 Captain

@rainyday to quickly explain this, most of the ships outer/inner design is thanks to Slamjones, I simply took what I saw from it and made it into something I would fly.

20. Tyrax Lightning

Tyrax Lightning Rear Admiral

I keep wanting to try out making Mammoth HVs too, but I can't quit hating the fact that i'll never be able to legally put on the amount of Guns such a sized HV would warrant. :(

Still, I applaud yours & Slam's work in this regard. :)

LOL I speak from experience & personal observation as Grey Team Commander that, yes, that is by Red Team Standards. XD

For the Topic: I can't help but to wonder if the Recent Patch made my recent SV Build an Illegal Build now, cause it was using the Cockpit recently intro'd at the time that this Recent Patch has now 'replaced'... :/

Why Devs... why? :(

Might have to make a whole new SV all over again now. Boss Funinator won't let me fly an Illegal Build on the WASD Games Server when it finally gets back Online. >_<

Furious Hellfire and rucky like this.